• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

received my interview letter today for 8/11.
i wonder why only my wife and i received the interview letter and not my 16 year old child. is this normal? does my child need to accompany me to the interview?

@zuno, you should be getting yours soon too.

Congrats leongsce!!! Good news...Let's hope zuno, summet and all the others who are waiting for interviews will get their appointments soon...

Hi leongsce,

Since I've got to go to bed, I'll try to give you my take now:

If you have applied for your kid originally and filed an I-485:
And If you received two interview letters then your kids should be on its way.
If you received one letter with two names on (they usually don't do it though)
then something can be wrong. In either case within a week you can do
an InfoPass and go to your field office and try to sort it out...

I don't want to think this possibility but in case you have not done
any of the required applications for your kid then it is a different story.

I have got to go, I wake up quiet early...

Hi leongsce,

Congratulations on the interview letters.

I have some questions:

1. Did you receive one or two interview letters?
2. Have you listed your kid originally when you applied the DV lotto?
3. Have you filed an I-485 for your kid?

I take it that your kid is not a US citizen that's why I am not asking that...

Hi leongsce,

Congratulations on the interview letters.

I have some questions:

1. Did you receive one or two interview letters?
2. Have you listed your kid originally when you applied the DV lotto?
3. Have you filed an I-485 for your kid?

I take it that your kid is not a US citizen that's why I am not asking that...

capeolive,
received 2 interview letters - my wife and mine
yes, child was registered in all my applications - both dv and i485.

if i don't receive my child's letter in the next few days, i will check with uscis.

thks capeolive.

The main Q is "Did you submit a 'separate' i-485 for your child?" (it is reqd that way)
If yes, then you will get a intvw. leterr in his/her name as well.
But since this step is a manual step by the FO, they may miss to issue one too.
Wait a week or 2 and make an info pass.

Best !

...I was really worried what happened with my card.
Finally I GOT it!!!!!!!...

Hello new one,

I am very happy for you! Work has been hectic for me lately and I could not get online to check the thread. It was so great to log in and find your news.

Enjoy your new status and I wish you the best!

Hey Guys,

We just called KCC today and they said that our interview date in US embassy is on September 14 and they have mailed our document so we are waiting for the letter. We are happy but bit worried as well. Reason to worry are: lots of strike is common back home so we hope embassy will still open if that happens; second reason is whether we will have visa available or not? I assume if KCC gives interview letter they coordinate with embassy to see if the visa available or not and then gives interview date; otherwise what's the point of interview. Pls fill us in and suggest us what are the most important document we should not forget to bring from US( I mean except the regular I485 and related docs). We requested KCC if they can give us earlier date but they said that's it, no change. May be we will try our luck calling/emailing US embassy.

Thank you guys for all your kind help. Will keep you posted when we receive letter.

Thank you guys.

Hello maila,

This is great news! All the best! I don't know about the strikes but I am pretty sure that they won't use all the visas. So far, they have not used all the 50K visas since the DV program started.

Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

I have been working to get the Field Office to
get my file back from where they had sent by "mistake"
and transfer it to the US Embassy in my country
for processing of my family's application, on several
fronts.

Finally I received an email from the Embassy stating
more or less:

"We have requested your file. You are scheduled for
interview on August 20, 2010." (Good News)

"Keep in mind if we do not receive your file by August 20,
2010, we cannot process your case in this office." (Not So Good News)

God, help me! Now, I got another deadline!

I have been working on this case on several fronts.
Anyways, I will go to the field office within a week.
I have some "personal" connections which I have not
used so far but I will use them if necessary.

Kindly, just transfer my file and correct the mistake you have done!

Congratulations capeolive, I am looking forward to August 20th; I'll certainly will be waiting for your good news.

Maybe you can take the letter from the Embassy to an InfoPass appointment so the USCIS officers would not have doubts that they "need" to send your file asap.

All the best my friend!

I am sorry guys that I have not been able to check the thread lately. I tried to catch up with all the posts, I may be missing some important updates though.

Best of luck to everyone!

On Miami time

Hi Capeolive,

Thank you for your kind words and you are very right I definitely felt that Miami vibe when I did my Infopass as the first thing everyone told me was "You have time, sometimes it takes up to a year, it's only been a month, no rush..."
Well at least I know I am probably going to have to do the same thing for the interview as it appears that no one seems to be worried but me!
Miami style :)

Hi Summet,

I really hope you are right and everything will be going smoothly from now on!
But I have a feeling it's not going to be that easy and that I will have time to remind them about the time crunch more than once!
Well I guess I need to take it one step at a time and take time to enjoy yesterday's victory, Biometrics done is a HUGE step!
Let's keep the fingers crossed I will not have to wait forever for the interview letter!

Hi guys, seems like i missed a lot...well, I'm all caught up now, my internet has been down for days and I couldn't check any threads. Ok where do I begin:

maila: Congrats on your interview date...you have done everything within your power and just prepare the documents they ask and get ready to celebrate mid September :)

Sogdian: Congrats on a good interview, may you receive all the updates soon, the important thing is, it went well.

capeoplive: You have an interview date...that is huge, and I'm gonna give you the same advice you give everyone else, leave the rest to God. You have worked so hard for this, I am positive it will pay off. Your family and you will reunite in no time.

FrenchiC: You are a living proof that sometimes there IS something we can do about it, instead of just waiting endlessly for things to happen for us. Good job and congrats on having finished the biometrics and having the interview scheduled.

leoggsce
: Congrats on the interview letters...I hope your family and you will benefit greatly from the new status that is just around the corner.

I wish you all good luck and easy ending...as we approach the on of FY.

Hi Norkira,

Thank you so much for your kind words... It is really nerve-wracking to just sit and wait!
After one month my biometrics were still not scheduled so I had to do something.
Well the interview is still not scheduled yet and my guess is it won't be for a while. I'll start "infopassing" in August to try and speed up the process.
Now I am just enjoying being done with the Biometrics and I can still hope getting a miracle in the mail with the interview letter... but one can only hope!!!

Pal, put your self in their shoes and ask your self.....
KCC: at this next stage i want to see whether it is the same person who applied online e-DV? (what would you ask from the applicants then?)
USCIS : KCC has send this winners file, I just wanna dbl chk this is the same person (what they want then?)

You see they are somewhat smart, in doing the obvious things !!

I know, we can start developing all sorts of ideas and the list will go on and on...
But in reality, when I called the KCC they never asked to send pictures, only asked for Form DSP-122. There are lots of people on this forum besides me who did not send photos to KCC as well and it was just fine.
And I already got the NL2 from the KCC that they had transferred the case to USCIS and released the control over it.
If they had needed the photos, they could have asked me send them, right?

Hi leongsce,

So, you filed three I-485's originally and one of them was
for your kid, and he/she did biometrics with you guys.
If this is the case: If you do not get another appointment
letter go for an InfoPass. Whether you get another
appointment letter or not you MUST take your kid to
the interview along with the supporting documents.

You and your family have my best...

capeolive,
received 2 interview letters - my wife and mine

if i don't receive my child's letter in the next few days, i will check with uscis.

thks capeolive.

Hi i2009,

It is good to see you around.

As for my case I have been working on it.
I have already scheduled an appointment
with the Field Office within a week. I have
done many things so far, still I got some
"connections" I have not used yet. At the
end they might send it not to have "headache".

As we all know: "Headache, it does a body bad!"

Congratulations capeolive, I am looking forward to August 20th; I'll certainly will be waiting for your good news.

Maybe you can take the letter from the Embassy to an InfoPass appointment so the USCIS officers would not have doubts that they "need" to send your file asap.

All the best my friend!

congratulation leongsce..best of luckk...
received my interview letter today for 8/11.
i wonder why only my wife and i received the interview letter and not my 16 year old child. is this normal? does my child need to accompany me to the interview?

@zuno, you should be getting yours soon too.

guys this is the answer for my inquiry about the DV fee of $440 to the KCC, i am gonna keep this in my record and take it with me as a proof if any one ask why I didn't pay the difference.

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you have paid the $375 adjustment fee before July 13, 2010, the $440 amount does not apply.

Email: KCCDV@state.gov
Phone: (606) 526-7500

Hi leongsce,

So, you filed three I-485's originally and one of them was
for your kid, and he/she did biometrics with you guys.
If this is the case: If you do not get another appointment
letter go for an InfoPass. Whether you get another
appointment letter or not you MUST take your kid to
the interview along with the supporting documents.

You and your family have my best...

capeolive,
thks for the advice. i will definitely bring my kid along and with all the necessary documents too. but will wait to see if the letter will arrive in the coming days.