• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi suu5,

Make sure you send everything in the same envelope.
Have a short cover letter with a list of the things in the
package. Read the instructions for the address...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

I'm going to send all my docs to Chicago Lockbox

Please double check my Info that address to:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

$1010 Fee Adresss to:

Department of Homeland Security
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Is it right?

Hi fitness901,

I have been in contact with the embassy all alone.
They had been reluctant to request my file they
had wanted the Field Office to send it to them.
After contacting the Embassy about my file's
being sent to the wrong place and my having
hard time convincing FO where to send the
file finally I got the email...

Thank you for your good wishes.

I don't know what's going on with your case
but I keep praying for your sister's case...

Hey capeolive.....
I am happy your file moving atleast.........i just wonder little how the emmbassy state you this

(Finally I received an email from the Embassy stating
more or less:
)

do YOu contact your emmbassy about your family case ?

i wish you all the good ends

Hi maila,

I have been in position of pushing "gently" so far.
I hope it stays that way. If I need a hard push I won't
do it myself. It will be in the best interest of everybody
if they simply transfer my file to the right place, in time...

KCC has no jurisdiction over my file anymore, the Embassy does.
Unfortunately they cannot do much without the file itself.

For your case: KCC does the following:

A. Schedules the interview
B. Informs the Embassy
C. Sends your file there...

Hi Capeolive,

I am glad to hear that your case is moving along. Now, I guess you need to keep pushing USCIS/ KCC; I really don't know where but just use all your resources and I am sure you will be fine. I feel really unhappy about the USCIS not doing their job properly. This is big issue for us whose family are apart; I wish they will gain sense soon. I wish you luck.

I am wondering can't you just call KCC to request for transferring your file to embassy ?

Another question related to my case:
When KCC sends letter of interview do they already send the case file to embassy so that they coordinate the dates or just KCC decides the date of interview?

Hi new one,

Thank you for your prayers and good wishes as always...

Hi capeolive,

I am soooo happy for you!
That's so great news, even there is but......
I am sure that with God's help and your effort
they will have the interview on the time.

You have my best wishes and prayers.
I believe you can do it!
Soon, very soon you will enjoy with your family.

Hi sogdian,

You cannot initiate the transfer of your DV Case File from
KCC to the Local Field Office. FO has to request the file itself.
But as you know sometimes they get too busy and forget about
things. I would give them until beginning of August then call KCC
if the file is not requested by then, keep fighting. Hopefully you
won't have to do that. Give them two more weeks...

i agree. they won't do much unless you hammer them. usics ombudsman can get them moving. more info at: http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

and i saw that my case has not been requested by local office. can i somehow get it sent myself

Hi FrenchiC,

You indeed had a good day today! You also did the right thing by doing walk-in biometrics.
You live in Miami, it's late in the Fiscal Year, do not take no for an answer...

You have my best...

So I had an infopass today to see what was up with my biometrics appointment.
It clearly appears that nothing was up at all, it was not even scheduled yet.
I started to go to the ASC and see if they could take me and he said that without a scheduled appointment they could not do it.
I then had my Infopass and explained my case to the infopass lady. She entered the appointment in the system and scheduled me for August 3rd.
I then went straight to the ASC where they took me for my biometrics.
it felt soooooo good, now that this step is done I only have to wait for the interview letter :)

Another question related to my case:[/B] ..do they already send the case file to embassy so that they coordinate the dates or just KCC decides the date of interview?

'coordinate' ??....what is that word, where did you hear it? ...simply, in the dictionary they use for their 'refs', it does not exist!! (or may be it simply say its French or UK English, the least!)

Relax, I m sure you'll be fine.
I m sure those conveyor belts/robots/ or those hard working simple guys/gals will do their job right and move, 'put in correct place' the stuff.
Start e-mailing embassy from say ~2nd week of Aug to see if the file there.

Best!

'coordinate' ??....what is that word, where did you hear it? ...simply, in the dictionary they use for their 'refs', it does not exist!! (or may be it simply say its French or UK English, the least!)

Relax, I m sure you'll be fine.
I m sure those conveyor belts/robots/ or those hard working simple guys/gals will do their job right and move, 'put in correct place' the stuff.
Start e-mailing embassy from say ~2nd week of Aug to see if the file there.

Best!

Thanks NuvF.

Ha..ha..."coordinate"..humm..You are right if they were coordinating then none of of us will have hard time. I am still waiting for the letter KCC said they sent. I may contact US embassy once we receive the package.

Thanks Capeolive.

Hi everyone!

Can somebody advise whether sending 2 photos together with the DSP-122 to KCC is required or not?
I noticed that some folks actually included 2 passport photos when sending the forms to KCC even for AOS but I personally have not done it.
When I called the KCC back in May to confirm the paperwork, the person advised that I only sent the DSP-122 only without the DSP-230 when going AOS route. He did not mention including any photos.

As explained on the website, for consular processing, both forms are needed as well as the pictures.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much to Capeolive, Sogdian and Nuvu for you valueable suggestions. I will go for the infopass first then will decide what to do next. Thanks to you all and your suggestions are always welcome.

Hi LuciDreamer,

Last year when I received 1NL on the second page under the barcode it stated:

Please return this barcode sheet to facilitate the processing of your case
when you return the DSP 122 and DS230 (Parts I & II) to the
Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).

Also on page 4:

Step I
Complete the following forms that are included in this packet:
Form DSP-122: (Supplemental Registration for the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program) - Only
the Principal Applicant needs to complete Form DSP-122.
Form DS-230 Part I: (Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Biographic Data
Sheet) - Principal Applicant and all family members applying for a Diversity Visa must submit
Form DS-230 Part L
Form DS-230 Part II: (Application for Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration - Sworn
Statement) Do not sign this form at this time. Principal Applicant and all family members

Somehow when people call KCC this year they say that they do not want form DS-230
for AOS applicants.

Check the page with the barcode and page 4 if the instructions are the same.

Anyways, pictures are sent with Form DS-230.
Form DSP-122 is sent without pictures as far as I know...

Hi everyone!

Can somebody advise whether sending 2 photos together with the DSP-122 to KCC is required or not?
I noticed that some folks actually included 2 passport photos when sending the forms to KCC even for AOS but I personally have not done it.
When I called the KCC back in May to confirm the paperwork, the person advised that I only sent the DSP-122 only without the DSP-230 when going AOS route. He did not mention including any photos.

As explained on the website, for consular processing, both forms are needed as well as the pictures.

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Hi teamworks,

I am not positive if it is still an option to switch to CP
after filing for AOS. I think you can call KCC and ask it.

The thing that scares me the most is your field office.
At sogdian's case they haven't been doing a good job
so far. More than 7 months. They did the interview
finally without even requesting the file from KCC.
Whether they do not have many people who are
experienced in DV cases or they must be too busy
with the other files they have...

Hi Capelolive,
Is it goo to request for changing my case from AOS to CP. If it is possible I can go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone!

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Pal, put your self in their shoes and ask your self.....
KCC: at this next stage i want to see whether it is the same person who applied online e-DV? (what would you ask from the applicants then?)
USCIS : KCC has send this winners file, I just wanna dbl chk this is the same person (what they want then?)

You see they are somewhat smart, in doing the obvious things !!

Hi Capelolive,
Is it goo to request for changing my case from AOS to CP. If it is possible I can go for it.

@team...

It is possible BUT,

What is you home base? how busy a DV post is it? Complex DV cases, procedures? do you knkow?
is it easy to communicate with them? have you tried asking them about transfer procedure and whether they could help?

Hey guys,
I cancelled my INfo pass for this tuesday, I thought about having some more patience and faith till end of this month, if not I will go next week.
@Capeolive, I am glad that you got some good news, for now I will put that bad news aside and have faith that your case will be solved before that given deadline. I will pray for you.
@ FrenchiC, congrulation for your walkin biometrics, I am sure your case should go smoothly from now.
@maila best of luckkkkk

Hi everyone!

Any suggestions?

Thanks again!

Hi LuciDreamer,

Before I sent anything to KCC,
I sent them email with the following question:

Do I still have to sent all the forms included in the first Notification Letter.
The forms DS-230 Part I, DS-230 Part II and DSP-122 and
two photos or just the form DSP-122 to your office since I will be adjusting status in the US?

The answer I got:

........blah, blah.....check if I am eligible, wait to become current, pay fee....
"and also please forward the completed DSP-122 form back to KCC.
This will allow the next instruction letter to be processed to you".

So I only sent DSP-122 form without pictures, and I was fine.

received my interview letter today for 8/11.
i wonder why only my wife and i received the interview letter and not my 16 year old child. is this normal? does my child need to accompany me to the interview?

@zuno, you should be getting yours soon too.

Hi leongsce,

Congratulations on the interview letters.

I have some questions:

1. Did you receive one or two interview letters?
2. Have you listed your kid originally when you applied the DV lotto?
3. Have you filed an I-485 for your kid?

I take it that your kid is not a US citizen that's why I am not asking that...

received my interview letter today for 8/11.
i wonder why only my wife and i received the interview letter and not my 16 year old child. is this normal? does my child need to accompany me to the interview?

@zuno, you should be getting yours soon too.