• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congratulation sogdian,
I am glad that you got your interview and came up with the positive result, we were all worried about you coz we didnt see you in for a while but glad to hear the good news, keep faith and u will have your GC in your mail soon. and congratulation once again.
and i just ran through previous pages. i am deeply grateful for those who extended their best for my interview. and for those felt the same but thought there was no need to write about it

and i just ran through previous pages. i am deeply grateful for those who extended their best for my interview. and for those felt the same but thought there was no need to write about it

Hi Sogdian,
Congratulations for your success. I was wondering why I did not get my interview letter so far and posted on this forum and every body suggested me to read your thread because Mine and your field office happened to be the same Do you have any suggestions for me. Please advise me what should it do ahead. My number became current on June and I had my Bio on 4th June and no interview letter yet. Please please

Hi Sogdian,
Congratulations for your success. I was wondering why I did not get my interview letter so far and posted on this forum and every body suggested me to read your thread because Mine and your field office happened to be the same Do you have any suggestions for me. Please advise me what should it do ahead. My number became current on June and I had my Bio on 4th June and no interview letter yet. Please please

@teamworks..

DHS form 7001 is a good idea for you too !
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/cisomb_dhsform7001.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi NuvF,

............ I was on J1 student exchange program.

@new one

I am curious and the info may help a friend who is interested in this process..

Can you seek a J1 waiver while still actively in that visa status? Is it via the same process or bit different from normal.
If so do you need any input/support for that from your current J1 sponsor? (looking at your case, I suppose not !!)

I thought you can ask for J1 2 yr rule waiver for a J1 stint in the past.
Appreciate some input.

Thanks!

Hi sogdian,

Congratulations on your successful interview.
Just follow up on the transfer of DV Case File from
KCC to Washington Field Office. Sometimes they
"forget" to request it.

It is been a while, you might even set a record
for this year. I hope your get your card soon and
don't have to apologize from them "again."

You have my best...

hello every one.
i would like to return the favor by filling you in on the interview i had on july 13. by favor i mean the immeasurable amount of help i got reading this forum where your posts had smth valuable for me and when they didn't i asked and you guys replied. although i never helped any of you in anything i thought it would be very irresponsible from my side not to update you on my interview.
long story short i waited too long for my interview. during this period i complained to uscis ombudsman twice as some of you suggested. it actually worked i guess, because two weeks after i complained for the second time i received a call from local office that told me that my interview was scheduled. and also i received my interview letter.
for the interview i equipped myself with the following: expired passport, i94, all i20s, work permit from my opt and green card application, birth certificate and high school diploma with translations, status letter from school,first and second letters from kcc and also an employment offer letter from a local pizza shop. dressed casually.
interview took about 10 minutes or more. i swore, i answered the questions from the application i submitted. io took her time to make sure that i was legal for each day of my presence in the us. that's were my six i20s and the opt card came in. no financials questions were raised and i did not have a reason to show the employment offer letter.
i was a bit worried but not too much. io was helpful and made me feel at home. i spoke when she wanted me to, did not say anything more that she asked for and did not gave her anything that she did not mention about.
in the end she said my case is "approvable". to approve she said they would need my case from kcc which they had not received. she told me that i will hear from them by mail. i hope this will not be a problem. i hope in two weeks i will no longer be an f1 (i will continue the school though).
p.s. and using this forum i would like to apologize uscis infopass officers and uscis 1800 number guys for calling the idiots and morons and ......... and ....... and etc

Hi teamworks,

I would schedule an infopass for the end of the month
like July 30th. You might get some news by then. If not
go to the infopass, if you cannot get a positive answer
there are basically two things that you can do:

Write to the Ombudsman and write to your congressman...

Hi Sogdian,

Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

I have been working to get the Field Office to
get my file back from where they had sent by "mistake"
and transfer it to the US Embassy in my country
for processing of my family's application, on several
fronts.

Finally I received an email from the Embassy stating
more or less:

"We have requested your file. You are scheduled for
interview on August 20, 2010." (Good News)

"Keep in mind if we do not receive your file by August 20,
2010, we cannot process your case in this office." (Not So Good News)

God, help me! Now, I got another deadline!

I have been working on this case on several fronts.
Anyways, I will go to the field office within a week.
I have some "personal" connections which I have not
used so far but I will use them if necessary.

Kindly, just transfer my file and correct the mistake you have done!

Guys,

I'm going to send all my docs to Chicago Lockbox

Please double check my Info that address to:

USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

$1010 Fee Adresss to:

Department of Homeland Security
USCIS
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

Is it right?

Hey capeolive.....
I am happy your file moving atleast.........i just wonder little how the emmbassy state you this

(Finally I received an email from the Embassy stating
more or less:
)

do YOu contact your emmbassy about your family case ?

i wish you all the good ends

Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

fronts.

more or less:

Hi Capeolive,

I am glad to hear that your case is moving along. Now, I guess you need to keep pushing USCIS/ KCC; I really don't know where but just use all your resources and I am sure you will be fine. I feel really unhappy about the USCIS not doing their job properly. This is big issue for us whose family are apart; I wish they will gain sense soon. I wish you luck.

I am wondering can't you just call KCC to request for transferring your file to embassy ?

Another question related to my case:
When KCC sends letter of interview do they already send the case file to embassy so that they coordinate the dates or just KCC decides the date of interview?

yes guys ..."long live freedom"
@new one, Just because you told me to read it in advance, i just recalled the very funny, strange and mis-fortunate event. When i hired my lawyer I happen to have a room mate who had his green card for about 5 yrs and was on his way to apply for citizenship, so I was reading all these requirement and the page that capeolive just mentioned (coz he was dumb and I had to educate myself to educate him) but then I had to move because of my college. And didn't knew what happened to his case, just this feb, I knew that he got his citizenship but then I also came to know that he hired a lawyer and he went through her guidance, at the end I came to know that it was the same lawyer whom I hired and the day I knew about it was just a day before I got my declination letter for AOS. So I was wondering, how come this lawyer did his case with no trouble and good knowledge. With further information, I came to know that she let my fren do all the stuff including filling the application and all she did was mailing the document. On top of that, during his interview, he had to wait for her even after he was called upfront in the interview coz she wasnt there on time. and wait here is one interesting part, he was charged the lawyer fee that was charged via his check and on top of that he was charged half of the fee again on his credit card that he left there as a guarantee to pay when he agreed to hire that lawyer. And so far that amount hasnt been refunded, as per the inquiry, she wants to count it towards the lawyer fee next time when he goes back there for some more legal help.

AS per my recent progess, i havent done nothing yet, but I am having my friend's infopass on tuesday and am planning to have one for me at the same time so that I can do two things at the same time.

Hi Summet,

After I heard your experience
I became very suspicious with hiring a lawyer.
My friend wanted to hire one, for her AOS case.
She called couple of them, and asked about papers she needs.
They all said different.
It so funny now.
But you made very smart decision.
Good luck with your infopass!!!
Hope you'll get some information.

hello every one.
i would like to return the favor by filling you in on the interview i had on july 13. by favor i mean the immeasurable amount of help i got reading this forum where your posts had smth valuable for me and when they didn't i asked and you guys replied. although i never helped any of you in anything i thought it would be very irresponsible from my side not to update you on my interview.
long story short i waited too long for my interview. during this period i complained to uscis ombudsman twice as some of you suggested. it actually worked i guess, because two weeks after i complained for the second time i received a call from local office that told me that my interview was scheduled. and also i received my interview letter.
for the interview i equipped myself with the following: expired passport, i94, all i20s, work permit from my opt and green card application, birth certificate and high school diploma with translations, status letter from school,first and second letters from kcc and also an employment offer letter from a local pizza shop. dressed casually.
interview took about 10 minutes or more. i swore, i answered the questions from the application i submitted. io took her time to make sure that i was legal for each day of my presence in the us. that's were my six i20s and the opt card came in. no financials questions were raised and i did not have a reason to show the employment offer letter.
i was a bit worried but not too much. io was helpful and made me feel at home. i spoke when she wanted me to, did not say anything more that she asked for and did not gave her anything that she did not mention about.
in the end she said my case is "approvable". to approve she said they would need my case from kcc which they had not received. she told me that i will hear from them by mail. i hope this will not be a problem. i hope in two weeks i will no longer be an f1 (i will continue the school though).
p.s. and using this forum i would like to apologize uscis infopass officers and uscis 1800 number guys for calling the idiots and morons and ......... and ....... and etc

Hi sogdian,

woooow that was soooo long journey!!!
But finally is almost at the end.
Congratulations!!!!!
I am sure your card is coming soon!

Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

fronts.

more or less:

Hi capeolive,

I am soooo happy for you!
That's so great news, even there is but......
I am sure that with God's help and your effort
they will have the interview on the time.

You have my best wishes and prayers.
I believe you can do it!
Soon, very soon you will enjoy with your family.

Update on my Case!

Hi Friends,

fronts.

more or less:

Hope everything will be settled down soon. Best of luck!

i agree. they won't do much unless you hammer them. usics ombudsman can get them moving. more info at: http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm

and i saw that my case has not been requested by local office. can i somehow get it sent myself

Hi teamworks,

I would schedule an infopass for the end of the month
like July 30th. You might get some news by then. If not
go to the infopass, if you cannot get a positive answer
there are basically two things that you can do:

Write to the Ombudsman and write to your congressman...

@new one

I am curious and the info may help a friend who is interested in this process..

Can you seek a J1 waiver while still actively in that visa status? Is it via the same process or bit different from normal.
If so do you need any input/support for that from your current J1 sponsor? (looking at your case, I suppose not !!)

I thought you can ask for J1 2 yr rule waiver for a J1 stint in the past.
Appreciate some input.

Thanks!

Hi NuvF,

I am not familiar with that.
I was not subject to section 212 (E)
two year rule does not apply.
So I could extend my J1 visa without any problem.
And I needed a sponsor letter for extension of stay.
The agency that hire me was my sponsor for extension.
And I think for AOS, in the I-485 instructions said if you are
J1 two year rule you are not eligible to do AOS.

So I had an infopass today to see what was up with my biometrics appointment.
It clearly appears that nothing was up at all, it was not even scheduled yet.
I started to go to the ASC and see if they could take me and he said that without a scheduled appointment they could not do it.
I then had my Infopass and explained my case to the infopass lady. She entered the appointment in the system and scheduled me for August 3rd.
I then went straight to the ASC where they took me for my biometrics.
it felt soooooo good, now that this step is done I only have to wait for the interview letter :)