• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

FY 2010

DV AOS Processing Times For Applicants
Whose Case Numbers were current in

May 2010

NAME**********************CUT-OFF *********CARD

new one (New York, NY)*******May*************4.0 Months

hey teamworks,
by the way its summet, rather than summel.
I am doing the AOS from Dallas TX, so far I have seen that it is very efficient for the AOS case, the max time for the interview from the date of NOA is less than 3 months so I am hoping that the things are going all right.
Hey Summel
Which field office are you in and are you doing CP or AOS

hey teamworks,
by the way its summet, rather than summel.
I am doing the AOS from Dallas TX, so far I have seen that it is very efficient for the AOS case, the max time for the interview from the date of NOA is less than 3 months so I am hoping that the things are going all right.
Hey Summel
Which field office are you in and are you doing CP or AOS

hi chooti,
I got a quick question for you, you told me that ur status online is still in acceptance stage, so when u got your biometrics letter or your letter for interview, you weren't updated online? you just got it BOOM in the mail box??

New one

I was beginning to wonder where you disappeared, that maybe you got into trouble for trying to get the card out of the mailbox by illegal means...:D

But I knew you would come back with awesome news. The feeling must be undescribable. All your hard work and perseverance have finally paid off. I hope you have a happy and successful life ahead. Congratulations. :) :) :) :)

Hi Izzy120,

lot of crazy ideas I had in my mind :D.
But I was patient and calm until I got letter.
And thaaaaan wooooooow........amazing!!!
You'll feel it soon:D
Thank you!!!!

I just got done with my summer classes so for now I need some rest anyways, i am thinking of going for some skydiving instead. yoga has always bored me..ehhe..but I have a big list to do till august..

Hi Summet,

I am sure you'll find something fun to do.
Just relax and try not to think about it.
You'll see.......takes only five minutes to get it:D.

My status changed first time 10 days after the interview.

hi chooti,
I got a quick question for you, you told me that ur status online is still in acceptance stage, so when u got your biometrics letter or your letter for interview, you weren't updated online? you just got it BOOM in the mail box??

Intvw letters are sort of a 'manual' step done by the FO.
I have hardly seen anyone rcving a LUD for that step.
So do not worry much about that.
Just make your a/c to rcv email and text updates, so whenever hard LUD s happen you will get notfied. (but not for soft LUDs)

Basically, I am very sure now you will see no more changes in LUDs till your CPO after intvw.

So....Relax!!

CONGRATS NEW ONE! Very happy for you!
Capeolive: I like your rubber band thread idea. Actually, as I was reading some past posts, I encountered some very silly questions (silly to say the least!). Perhaps, we should name the post : DV-AOS for dummies. And include some of these precious gems. For instance, I remember seen someone ask: My son was born here in the US while I won the lottery. Does he need to adjust his status too? :)

Hi R2010,

thank you!!!

Capers, you seriously have to stop talking about it, but I like the idea though, esp. the last one for "lost souls". Anyway, you won't believe what I just found, this video actually shows (in a way) how to use a rubber band...So, our friend here can learn. I know, NuvF, I can already hear your sigh and say "are you kidding me?" This one's just for some laugh and I am seriously done with rubber bands period:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0QShhpqtS8

Sorry for going off-topic but THIS IS IT.

Hahahhah.......I hope that's not gonna happen in the immigration office.

Hi, Capeolive My Number became current in June. I heard that we can switch to AOS to CP as long as we wanted. Thank you

06/05/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
04/10/10 Cut-Off for June
05/08/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
05/12/10 Checks are cashed AOS
05/25/10 NOAs
06/04/10 Bio
Waiting for interview letter

Hi teamworks,

try to send personal message to sogdian.

I hope so new one, i hope to see the interview letter in my mail box soon like ur GC;);););)
Hi Summet,

I am sure you'll find something fun to do.
Just relax and try not to think about it.
You'll see.......takes only five minutes to get it:D.

My status changed first time 10 days after the interview.

I just went checking for this LUD deal online after reading you, and I think u r right, i am not gonna see any more changes on my LUD. hope to find my interview letter in my mail. but do u think if i go to infopass session will i be able to know if my file is there coz if the file is already there then i can be sure that i will be getting the letter soon since KCC has also send the file already..
Intvw letters are sort of a 'manual' step done by the FO.
I have hardly seen anyone rcving a LUD for that step.
So do not worry much about that.
Just make your a/c to rcv email and text updates, so whenever hard LUD s happen you will get notfied. (but not for soft LUDs)

Basically, I am very sure now you will see no more changes in LUDs till your CPO after intvw.

So....Relax!!

hi chooti,

Actually my case was entered to the online system only after getting the biometrics letter. It stated that USCIS has received the fingerprint fee and they have mailed a letter and asked me to follow the instructions of the letter accordingly (i am writing this in my own words). Didn't get an update after receiving the interview letter. All the time I was checking the online case status without signing into the account. Thanking to NuvF's reply to your post i signed into check it. There is a LUD after biometrics. I don't know whether there had been any LUDs before that as i didn't check it, but i guess "no". I always feel that you will receive your interview letter before end of this month. Anyway if you don't get it by 31st of July, better to schedule an infopass for the first week of August.
Good Luck!