• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Which address are we suppossed to use for USPS Express Mail to send the AOS package. Instruction says for USPS delivery the first one( Po Box) and for express mail & courier the second one ( ...3rd floor). Thanks.

Hi sagarghimire,

I remember receiving the 2nd NL via FedEx.
When they do not find you home they leave
a notice, usually stick it on the door, if you
live in a building it might be the building's
front door. They do it 3 times and hold the
letter at their facilities, if nobody claims it
they send it back to KCC...

Hello guys, I am waiting for NL2 now. Do they send NL2 via USPS regular mail or do they use other carrier, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi sagarghimire,

Depends on how you send it, it is plain. Read the instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

Also please, edit your signature as follows:

sign in from top of the page go settings on the left edit signature
write whatever you want then save signature...

Which address are we suppossed to use for USPS Express Mail to send the AOS package. Instruction says for USPS delivery the first one( Po Box) and for express mail & courier the second one ( ...3rd floor). Thanks.

Friends,

Forgive me for stealing the focus of this thread asking for help in a question I posed in a separate thread !
It is about a family who plan to do FTJ.......the way exactly opposite of what Capeolive is doing.

Can you pl take a moment to se and answer my 'confusion' there at that thread?

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...rincipal-winner-s-CP-!!&p=2207664#post2207664

Capeolive.......co incidentally.....his FO is gonna be Philly !!, what do you think? (answer at that thread pl)

Thanks!

Update interview date

Hey Guys,

We just called KCC today and they said that our interview date in US embassy is on September 14 and they have mailed our document so we are waiting for the letter. We are happy but bit worried as well. Reason to worry are: lots of strike is common back home so we hope embassy will still open if that happens; second reason is whether we will have visa available or not? I assume if KCC gives interview letter they coordinate with embassy to see if the visa available or not and then gives interview date; otherwise what's the point of interview. Pls fill us in and suggest us what are the most important document we should not forget to bring from US( I mean except the regular I485 and related docs). We requested KCC if they can give us earlier date but they said that's it, no change. May be we will try our luck calling/emailing US embassy.

Thank you guys for all your kind help. Will keep you posted when we receive letter.

Thank you guys.

@maila

Congrats, and Good Luck!

Unfortunately, intvw. opportunity DO NOT guarantee a visa.
Of course, per my view, if they know well from their 'system' that its all gone the day before your intvw, then they should inform you before your intvw!!

Other than that, even the CO would know about it only after he approves your case and try to print your visa stamp !!

As you know past many yrs this never happened, I m sure it will not this yr either.

Have faith...go for it

Best !

Hi NuvF,

I think the family complicated their case for nothing by not doing CP "all together" in their country.

The thing was not done cannot be done now. Saying that after this late in the process
it might be wiser to continue with a "capable" lawyer. (if they can find one) This
capable lawyer should be from Philly with local connections.

As for the DOS payment:

I would pay it on the "mother's name" because she was the winner.

In about 3 days later I would try to pay it again for the second time on "son's name" just in case.

At this point they cannot afford to lose any time on $440...

P.S. As for the lawyer I am reluctant to give any names,
but if you insist I will without taking any responsibility...

Friends,

Forgive me for stealing the focus of this thread asking for help in a question I posed in a separate thread !
It is about a family who plan to do FTJ.......the way exactly opposite of what Capeolive is doing.

Can you pl take a moment to se and answer my 'confusion' there at that thread?

http://forums.immigration.com/showt...rincipal-winner-s-CP-!!&p=2207664#post2207664

Capeolive.......co incidentally.....his FO is gonna be Philly !!, what do you think? (answer at that thread pl)

Thanks!

Hi maila,

Congratulations, it is great news.

Arrange the tickets, things to take from here (do not forget the I-134, if it is possible to get one)
Arrange the things at home, medicals, police report etc, go there little early just in case.

What are the odds of winning the Lotto? And you did it. Just stop worrying already, do whatever you can and pray, leave the rest to God...

Hey Guys,

We just called KCC today and they said that our interview date in US embassy is on September 14 and they have mailed our document so we are waiting for the letter. We are happy but bit worried as well. Reason to worry are: lots of strike is common back home so we hope embassy will still open if that happens; second reason is whether we will have visa available or not? I assume if KCC gives interview letter they coordinate with embassy to see if the visa available or not and then gives interview date; otherwise what's the point of interview. Pls fill us in and suggest us what are the most important document we should not forget to bring from US( I mean except the regular I485 and related docs). We requested KCC if they can give us earlier date but they said that's it, no change. May be we will try our luck calling/emailing US embassy.

Thank you guys for all your kind help. Will keep you posted when we receive letter.

Thank you guys.

Hi maila,

Congratulations, it is great news.

Arrange the tickets, things to take from here (do not forget the I-134, if it is possible to get one)
Arrange the things at home, medicals, police report etc, go there little early just in case.

What are the odds of winning the Lotto? And you did it. Just stop worrying already, do whatever you can and pray, leave the rest to God...

Thank you Capeolive and NuvF. Appreciate your support and wishes. I believe we came this far so am sure we will cross the hurdle all the way; rest will leave it on the God. For police report, I think we can request it from here. For I-134, if I don't find any green card holder or US citizen then I will get it from others with H1B and am sure it will be fine. What else do we need to request from the sponsor including i-134?

Yes, we are going to arrange our ticket soon; I am excited and worried too..hee..hee...Oh my God, I can't wait for that day when CO will stamp our passport with new visa...then I will be free from slavery of finding employer to sponsor or extend my visa....

Thanks for your reply chooti,I got the same update like you got,( mailing the NOA) and after that I got nothing updates, I am assuming that since I dont have to do the biometrics my file might have been send to the FO and I will be getting the interview letter soon. Now I am visiting my mailbox twice a day, and not overloading the USCIS website any more (@Capeolive)::eek::eek:
Actually my case was entered to the online system only after getting the biometrics letter. It stated that USCIS has received the fingerprint fee and they have mailed a letter and asked me to follow the instructions of the letter accordingly (i am writing this in my own words). Didn't get an update after receiving the interview letter. All the time I was checking the online case status without signing into the account. Thanking to NuvF's reply to your post i signed into check it. There is a LUD after biometrics. I don't know whether there had been any LUDs before that as i didn't check it, but i guess "no". I always feel that you will receive your interview letter before end of this month. Anyway if you don't get it by 31st of July, better to schedule an infopass for the first week of August.
Good Luck!

Congrulation Maila,
I still do remember when you were worried about not getting your number current for AUG. And now, you have even got the interview date, Happy for you and like u said, since you have already crossed his hurdle, this one will be a easy one for you. I am not sure but I have heard some some one needing the property and bank documents, double check on that. My friends had to show that when thn his mom went for CP( his mom was a DV winner, but they were not in US). but most important make sure u get the I-134. Other than that you should be fine.
Hope we all can have the greener days by this september.. And dont worry about the strikes, US Embassy never close for service because of the strike and so far the news there is havent got worst, so u should be alright.
Thank you Capeolive and NuvF. Appreciate your support and wishes. I believe we came this far so am sure we will cross the hurdle all the way; rest will leave it on the God. For police report, I think we can request it from here. For I-134, if I don't find any green card holder or US citizen then I will get it from others with H1B and am sure it will be fine. What else do we need to request from the sponsor including i-134?

Yes, we are going to arrange our ticket soon; I am excited and worried too..hee..hee...Oh my God, I can't wait for that day when CO will stamp our passport with new visa...then I will be free from slavery of finding employer to sponsor or extend my visa....

Congrulation Maila,
I still do remember when you were worried about not getting your number current for AUG. And now, you have even got the interview date, Happy for you and like u said, since you have already crossed his hurdle, this one will be a easy one for you. I am not sure but I have heard some some one needing the property and bank documents, double check on that. My friends had to show that when thn his mom went for CP( his mom was a DV winner, but they were not in US). but most important make sure u get the I-134. Other than that you should be fine.
Hope we all can have the greener days by this september.. And dont worry about the strikes, US Embassy never close for service because of the strike and so far the news there is havent got worst, so u should be alright.

Thanks Sumeet. I am sure you will be getting your interview letter soon too. Keep patience and faith. Good luck.

Maila,

During the recent strikes, I visited our local Embassy website and saw that for the dates when interviews were scheduled (and the Embassy had to be closed on those days due to strike) they listed alternate dates for interviews so be on the lookout for that on their website and you can also call/e-mail them about the issue. I hope there will be no more strikes and that your interview will go smoothly. Good Luck and keep us posted, you will be in my prayers.

Hi maila,

You can check that following link for I-134, read instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Don't have mixed feelings, just be happy you guys got a very good news today...

Hi suu5,

You may not have it. If you have been on OPT then you have it.
Also people who have previous AOS applications have it. If you
have never received such a number simply write n/a.

What is File number A .... in from G-325A?