• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi suu5,

Do your homework! Dedicate at least 2-4 days to make
everything right and you can send your application on
this Saturday or Monday for instance.

I am an "early riser" I gotta go.
I may not have much time tomorrow.
Take your time you got lots of reading to do.
Good luck to you in the process...

Capeolive

ABOUT NL2, I RECEIVED EMAIL FROM KCC. MAYBE THAT WAS NL2. IT IS RECEIVED BY EMAIL OR MAIL?
THE ONE I RECEIVED STATED:
Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

Have a good night, capeolive

thank you so muuch,

hi suu5,

do your homework! Dedicate at least 2-4 days to make
everything right and you can send your application on
this saturday or monday for instance.

I am an "early riser" i gotta go.
I may not have much time tomorrow.
Take your time you got lots of reading to do.
Good luck to you in the process...

Do we need separate cover letter in case of spouse filing together with the principal applicant?

The following cover letter is only a sample.
Make your own research. Take out the things
that are not relevant to you, add the things
that are relevant. Always read the instructions.

You might also have to pay the difference of
AOS fee since they recently raised the fees...

----------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname - Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-5555.
Sincerely yours,

-----------------------------------------------------------

Do we need separate cover letter in case of spouse filing together with the principal applicant?

It's better to include two covering letters separately in the two files indicating the list of documents included in each file. We also included a common covering letter on top of the two files. You have to prepare two separate files for you and your spouse and send them together in one envelope. Mention that it is a DV lottery case and also include your case number on the envelope, files and covering letters.

Q1. I did
q2. For aos, applicant doesn't ouneed to send ds-230 that what i've been told by kentucky attendant. After i sent dsp-122, i checked up my process to kentucky. They said they transferred my process to uscis.

But i still didn't received nl2. Now i'm wondering if i can send my file without nl2?

hi suu5,

q1. When you filed dsp-122 did you opted for bcis on page 1 of 4. You have a copy of the form? (i take it you sent the form last summer, not recently)

q2. Have you filed form ds-230 (pictures are sent with this form)

Hi suu5,

I think you'll be fine without nl2.
When I had my interview I gave it to the officer,
and she sad that she needs only nl1.
Don't worry. Just submit copy of nl1 with your AOS package.
Best of luck!

Capeolive

What you talking about "difference of AOS fee".
I think it is still $930+$80=$1010.
Is not it? Am I wrong?

The following cover letter is only a sample.
Make your own research. Take out the things
that are not relevant to you, add the things
that are relevant. Always read the instructions.

You might also have to pay the difference of
AOS fee since they recently raised the fees...

----------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 8, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Attn: AOS 131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname - Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with Case Number: 2010EU00025XXX

Dear Sir/Madam:
In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for Adjustment of Status.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $375 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas - 5 visas.
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Return.
22.4. Copy of 2009 W-2.
22.5. Copy of 2008 Federal Tax Return.
22.6. Copy of 2008 W-2.
22.7. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (XXX) 555-5555.
Sincerely yours,

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi Chooti,
What do you mean by each file? We can simply separate them by a paper clip, is that right? Also, do I need to write down the case number at the top of each forms or not?
Thanks.

It's better to include two covering letters separately in the two files indicating the list of documents included in each file. We also included a common covering letter on top of the two files. You have to prepare two separate files for you and your spouse and send them together in one envelope. Mention that it is a DV lottery case and also include your case number on the envelope, files and covering letters.

Capeolive was talking about the DV Lottery Fee aka "AOS Fee" that you pay to DOS in St. Louis which used to be $375 and recently increased to $440. Look at:

http://travel.state.gov/news/news_5078.html

Look under "Immigrant Visa Fee" for "Diversity Visa Lottery surcharge"

AOS fee that you pay to USCIS when filing your I-485 remains the same i.e., $1010 however, there is a proposed rule to increase that as well in future.

What you talking about "difference of AOS fee".
I think it is still $930+$80=$1010.
Is not it? Am I wrong?

Yes, but including a separate cover letter for each principal applicant's and dependents' AOS package is a way to be organized and to help your IO know whats in each package. Per USCIS instructions, each AOS package for each person needs to be separated by rubber band or clip fasteners. Here is the info:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Hi Chooti,
What do you mean by each file? We can simply separate them by a paper clip, is that right? Also, do I need to write down the case number at the top of each forms or not?
Thanks.

Thanks. How can we use rubber band to separate the package , just wondering... Do we need to write down case number in each forms tha we send?

Yes, but including a separate cover letter for each principal applicant's and dependents' AOS package is a way to be organized and to help your IO know whats in each package. Per USCIS instructions, each AOS package for each person needs to be separated by rubber band or clip fasteners. Here is the info:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

Hi Izzy,

Thank you for your reply.
But i paid Jun 10th and received receipt on jun 17th. For example you paid already and this change activated since July 13th. That means we don't need to pay difference right?

And also I still didn't receive my 2nd letter. I'm just curious can you please tell me what is in the second letter that you receive? What does it tell?
You received it by mail or email?

Thank you

Yes, many of DV 2011 winners including myself paid the fee to DOS before July 13th and received the receipt. I called KCC on many different occasions and each time, I was told that I will need to pay the difference plus it was also mentioned that if applicants whose interview dates fall after July 13th, then they will need to pay the difference. I would advise you to check with KCC on this one and send the fee just so it won't cause any further delays/complications in your case. This issue was discussed on this thread earlier during the day yesterday, so look at pages 206 and 207 to read about it.

I received my NL2 by mail and it simply states that KCC acknowledges my intention to file for an Adjustment of Status with the USCIS and to pay the DV Lottery Fee asap after which my file will be transferred to and handled by USCIS. It contained the payment form for the DV Lottery Fee. It also goes on to say that I will need to visit my local USCIS to ensure my eligibility to file for AOS. Like new one mentioned earlier, you should not be that worried about the NL2, you may call KCC and inquire but your NL1 is the more important document.

Hi Izzy,

But i paid Jun 10th and received receipt on jun 17th. For example you paid already and this change activated since July 13th. That means we don't need to pay difference right?

And also I still didn't receive my 2nd letter. I'm just curious can you please tell me what is in the second letter that you receive? What does it tell?

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't know how to show you how to use rubber band to separate each AOS package...I guess the same way you would use a paper clip to separate files...It is a good idea to include your case number in each document preferably on top right hand corner with a pencil...

Thanks. How can we use rubber band to separate the package , just wondering... Do we need to write down case number in each forms tha we send?

Hi Izzy,

Thank you

Hi suu5,

I just answered your queries, look at one post above your post.

Hi Izzy,

Thank you

hi..Capeolive , summet, chooti,..
what do you think. if I had my difference ready and waiting for their letter to tell me to pay. if not, then I'll bring the money order to interview, see if they'll take.

Thank you All,

And I also need some help on filling up I-485 form.

Part 1
-I don't have middle name Is it N/A?
-C/O (in care of) -can I leave it open or blank?
-I don't have SSN and A#, so it is None or N/A?
-Date of last arrival -is it one on the I-94 stamp?
-F-1 status expires on when? (Cuz F-1 won't expire during study)

Part 2
-Application Type for DV lottery Winner is ....A or H. I think.

Part3
-A. Non immigrant Visa Number: is the red number in the corner of Visa?
-C. Can I leave this open, blank or none about membership list?

Part5
-Interpreter's section: can I leave it blank or none?

I was not trying to be offensive or anything like that, but I didnt get it completely. so i just dont want to afford messing anything else any more.but really do appretiate your comment. I will call KCC to conform what the deal really is.
Well, ok....you still have stuff to loose, so act 'nice'!
just hope that it DO NOT hit the hands of someone, as Cape said....who do not know, that they don't know!!!