• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Sorry NuvF,
But i didnt read this reply of urs before I posted my comment. I do know what u mean now. and really do appreciate your comment. I will call KCC tomorrow and will ask them for the clear explanation and will then send the difference of $65 as soon as possible so that I wont have to be wondering any more what to do. I will try to get everytime before I get my interview appointment.
Here's my 2c,

If your number was current (i mean current, not advanced notice) on or before July 1st and you sent i-485 and paid $375 before 7/13, you should be fine.

If your number is current after 7/13 (i.e Aug 1st and beyond) and you sent i-485 & $375 before 7/13, PAY THE damn $65 and be on the safe side. Hopefully the DoS ppl who handle this in MO will 'understand' what you're doing and send in the receipt asap.

Worst case would be you send in the extra payment, but those **%^& s would not not know what the heck it is about and you do not receive the receipt till intvw day......AND the smart a** USCIS IO ask you for it....!!

Well, just hope for the best and send that in.(period!)

Best !

I think thats what I am gonna do, I will make the cashier check of $65 and include of copy of previously paid fees and then write a cover letter. in short saying that, because of the reason that the fee went off, I am sending the difference amount of $65 as a cashier check. and give them my case number.
The officer in KCC asked to indicate that the amount is the difference and send it in the manner we sent DOS fees previously. We hope to send a cashier's check or money order and indicate in the form that this is the difference. Also hope to send a photocopy of the previous payment along with it. We hope to email KCC and ask about it, but for safer side i think it's better to pay it as we are in the last stage of the year.

sorry mechta for the confusion but I meant cashier's check, we can use cashier's check or money order.
Hi Summet! Do you think a personal check will be ok? As much as i understand they want to see a cashier's check or money order...

thanks mechta......I hope we all can have our process go smoothly, I am calling KCC tomorow such that i would be able to send the difference amount this week. And also I have one more thing to let you know guys, I am sure I told this in my previous post as well, during my last phone conference with the KCC they told me that they have already send my documents to Irving office.
;)!!! Capeolive, I really worry for Summet ..........and not only for him!!!!

Hi mechta,
I am also in f-1 during my application I wrote D/S which means duration of status i think it should mention the same thing over at your i94 card.
Hi mechta,

I answered it, you should write n/a

It jut does not apply to you, once you enter US with a student visa
you can stay here as long as you maintain your status. So, it should be n/a

I am sure you were joking, but still that was a bad joke, I dont think there will be a cashier to take your money order even if u got it during an interview. I am going to call the KCC and definatley send them the fees as soon as possible coz we high case numbers have not a lot of time to be taking chances, after sept 31, our chances are gone and so far we paid a lot of money so I will just send the $65 money order, if i was supposed to send it, its good if it was not needed than like capeolive, there is nothign wrong helping the economy.
hi..Capeolive , summet, chooti,..
what do you think. if I had my difference ready and waiting for their letter to tell me to pay. if not, then I'll bring the money order to interview, see if they'll take.

Hi Chooti,
What do you mean by each file? We can simply separate them by a paper clip, is that right? Also, do I need to write down the case number at the top of each forms or not?
Thanks.

You should make separate files for each applicant and send them all in one envelope. You can add a separate covering letter to each file and also a common short covering letter on top of both the files. Some have used a rubber band to attach the files, but we didn't use one but just kept the winner's file on top and attached the common covering letter by a paper clip on top of it. We wrote the case number only on envelope and all the covering letters, while some applicants write it on all pages. Check the following link for more instructions:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

O..M..G!!, I do not want to sound bad but you need to hurry up dear friend!!
Have you been following this thread? I hope you know what you are doing and what you are up against!!
What is your field office?

Anyways, its still not TOO LATE, you have a very good chance to make it.

See below in bold for answers to your Qs.

Best !!

Thank you All,

And I also need some help on filling up I-485 form.

Part 1
-I don't have middle name Is it N/A? Yes
-C/O (in care of) -can I leave it open or blank?N/A
-I don't have SSN and A#, so it is None or N/A?None
-Date of last arrival -is it one on the I-94 stamp?Yes it is on your i-94
-F-1 status expires on when? (Cuz F-1 won't expire during study)write D/S

Part 2
-Application Type for DV lottery Winner is ....A or H. I think. h, and write DV 2010 Winner; case # xxxxxxx

Part3
-A. Non immigrant Visa Number: is the red number in the corner of Visa?Yes I think, can someone else pitch in pl?
-C. Can I leave this open, blank or none about membership list?Say None

Part5
-Interpreter's section: can I leave it blank or none? N/A

Last edited by a moderator:
Non immigrant Visa Number: is the red number in the corner of Visa?Yes I think, can someone else pitch in pl?

Yes, it's the red number

By separate files do you mean separate folders or what? I am still confused. I think I need a picture to visualize it..lol

You should make separate files for each applicant and send them all in one envelope. You can add a separate covering letter to each file and also a common short covering letter on top of both the files. Some have used a rubber band to attach the files, but we didn't use one but just kept the winner's file on top and attached the common covering letter by a paper clip on top of it. We wrote the case number only on envelope and all the covering letters, while some applicants write it on all pages. Check the following link for more instructions:

You mean it is better to write case number in each pages of each forms of PA and Spouse?

I really don't know how to show you how to use rubber band to separate each AOS package...I guess the same way you would use a paper clip to separate files...It is a good idea to include your case number in each document preferably on top right hand corner with a pencil...

Izzy120 said:
I really don't know how to show you how to use rubber band to separate each AOS package..

Seriously how do you do it??? you roll everything up?

or I guess you use a 'mild/thin' rubber band, which would not force and roll up the tick pkg, but just act as a separator.

You dont have to waste time and space on answering this I guess, I was just curios!!!

Hi suu5,

What we call 2NL is something that starts as follows:

Dear NAME LASTNAME:
Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland
Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), formerly the Immigration and Naturalization
Service (INS). Please note that there are legal restrictions on who may qualify for adjustment in the U.S.; and
while most adjustment applications are filed with USCIS, aliens in removal proceedings must file their
adjustment applications with the Immigration Court. You must also be sure to follow the instructions on the
attached sheet concerning payment of the Diversity processing fee. This fee must be paid prior to USCIS (or, if
applicable, the immigration court) taking action on your adjustment application.

But for now focus on your DV Package that you gotta send to Chicago Loxbox!

ABOUT NL2, I RECEIVED EMAIL FROM KCC. MAYBE THAT WAS NL2. IT IS RECEIVED BY EMAIL OR MAIL?
THE ONE I RECEIVED STATED:
Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

I really couldn't sit and not answer this and not laugh at the same time. Apparently, for some the basics of organizing files is a rocket science. I was just trying to be nice and helpful, I didn't mean to waste time and space, I apologize, but my answer was just a fraction of it than compared to ... oh well who am I kidding?

Seriously how do you do it??? you roll everything up?

or I guess you use a 'mild/thin' rubber band, which would not force and roll up the tick pkg, but just act as a separator.

You dont have to waste time and space on answering this I guess, I was just curios!!!

You should prepare separate cover letters for each applicant.
Each application considered a separate one by USCIS.
You should also send two separate checks.
In rare situations one of the application may get stuck
somewhere while other get adjudicated...

Do we need separate cover letter in case of spouse filing together with the principal applicant?

You should use rubber bands to separate the files.
Write the case number on top with a pencil.
Also write it behind the picture as well.
Send them in the same envelope.

Hi Chooti,
What do you mean by each file? We can simply separate them by a paper clip, is that right? Also, do I need to write down the case number at the top of each forms or not?
Thanks.