• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi zuno,

According to what DOS posted online you shouldn't pay the difference
if you have already applied before July 13.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm

But unfortunately KCC claims that you have to pay it.
When there is conflict this late in the process I would
suggest that you pay the difference even if you think
that you don't have to. To pay it I would think the
following form could be used with an explanatory
letter...

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html?css=print

OK....but how?!

Hi R2010,

Sometimes having a pending application delays the things.
Closing it sometimes helps to speed up the things somehow.
Since I was going to do a Following-To-Join for my family
overseas, timing was very important for me.

In your case you shouldn't be closing your case.

By the way "the moral of the story" is:
how they treat the applicants and still keep their jobs.

I got more stories but for now I'll let go...

Hi Capeoliveee :)
I am just wondering why you decide to close your pending file back then, (knowing fully well that the DV lottery doesn't garantee GC). I am asking this question because as you know I have somenthing pending as well.

Thanks,
R2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi capeolive,
I I don't think I will be paying the extra fees if I don't have to. I think I did my part for the economy paying that non refundable "AOS" fee this jan.
But I will double check calling them or asking the info-pass consulate during my next visit.
For my case update, haven't seen anything new over my status online or got anything over the mail. I just hope they are working on my case. And hear from them soon.
Hi chooti,

According to the statement in their website nyou won't have to pay a difference.

On the other hand "I would just pay the difference and help the economy!"

Hi Summet,

At this point in the process if they say "pay it"
you "pay it". You cannot afford to lose more time.

What you can do later is to "add some jokes" to your book about them...

Hi capeolive,
I I don't think I will be paying the extra fees if I don't have to. I think I did my part for the economy paying that non refundable "AOS" fee this jan.
But I will double check calling them or asking the info-pass consulate during my next visit.
For my case update, haven't seen anything new over my status online or got anything over the mail. I just hope they are working on my case. And hear from them soon.

Yeah, you are right, I dont want anything to go late or wrong again, again after i spend so much money in this case, spending $65 more shouldnt be a problem. so should I just send the money order to DOS) giving them my case number or still there are some more forms to be filled..
Hi Summet,

At this point in the process if they say "pay it"
you "pay it". You cannot afford to lose more time.

What you can do later is to "add some jokes" to your book about them...

Hi Summet,

I think the following form could be used with an explanatory letter.
Mention it is "the difference" You'll make the government happy and
help the deficit. You can have a "good night's sleep" tonight...

Yeah, you are right, I dont want anything to go late or wrong again, again after i spend so much money in this case, spending $65 more shouldnt be a problem. so should I just send the money order to DOS) giving them my case number or still there are some more forms to be filled..

Hi capeolive,

Here's my 2c,

If your number was current (i mean current, not advanced notice) on or before July 1st and you sent i-485 and paid $375 before 7/13, you should be fine.

If your number is current after 7/13 (i.e Aug 1st and beyond) and you sent i-485 & $375 before 7/13, PAY THE damn $65 and be on the safe side. Hopefully the DoS ppl who handle this in MO will 'understand' what you're doing and send in the receipt asap.

Worst case would be you send in the extra payment, but those **%^& s would not not know what the heck it is about and you do not receive the receipt till intvw day......AND the smart a** USCIS IO ask you for it....!!

Well, just hope for the best and send that in.(period!)

Best !

Hey capeolive,
I got the link for that form, however, I am just wondering about the explanatory letter, how does that suppose to look like. Did u mean, I will just make a personal check for $65 and fill that form mentioning the fee being $65 only the adjustment of what I have paid earlier this yr. ANd write the letter addressing the same office that I paid that fee of 375 earlier and just sending this check according to the change of fees made by the government to cover the difference.
Hi Summet,

I think the following form could be used with an explanatory letter.
Mention it is "the difference" You'll make the government happy and
help the deficit. You can have a "good night's sleep" tonight...

Hi Summet,

Something short saying that since the fees went up you are paying the difference.
Don't forget at this point in the process you CANNOT express your "feelings" in
your letter...

Hey capeolive,
I got the link for that form, however, I am just wondering about the explanatory letter, how does that suppose to look like. Did u mean, I will just make a personal check for $65 and fill that form mentioning the fee being $65 only the adjustment of what I have paid earlier this yr. ANd write the letter addressing the same office that I paid that fee of 375 earlier and just sending this check according to the change of fees made by the government to cover the difference.

Hey capeolive,

I would add the following last line...(seriously)

If my above explanation regarding this extra $65 payment is not clear to you OR you do not know how to handle and account for this payment, I kindly request that you seek for advise from a supervisor/manager who is familiar with the DoS fee increase related to the Diversity Visa program.

I would love to add that sentence in the last line but I am afraid, that will be like telling the person that, if if are a idiot, just refer to your supervisor.
I would add the following last line...(seriously)

If my above explanation regarding this extra $65 payment is not clear to you OR you do not know how to handle and account for this payment, I kindly request that you seek for advise from a supervisor/manager who is familiar with the DoS fee increase related to the Diversity Visa program.

I would love to add that sentence in the last line but I am afraid, that will be like telling the person that, if if are a idiot, just refer to your supervisor.

Well, ok....you still have stuff to loose, so act 'nice'!
just hope that it DO NOT hit the hands of someone, as Cape said....who do not know, that they don't know!!!

Hey capeolive,

The officer in KCC asked to indicate that the amount is the difference and send it in the manner we sent DOS fees previously. We hope to send a cashier's check or money order and indicate in the form that this is the difference. Also hope to send a photocopy of the previous payment along with it. We hope to email KCC and ask about it, but for safer side i think it's better to pay it as we are in the last stage of the year.

Hey capeolive,

Hi Summet! Do you think a personal check will be ok? As much as i understand they want to see a cashier's check or money order...

Hey capeolive,
Yes capeolive i agree!!!! Just for Summet no personal checks!!!!!

Hi mechta,

Did Summet used "bold" characters or did you manipulate his post?

Another joke, thank you for being vigilant...

My post was for Summet actually, I did not pay attention "personal check" part originally...

Yes capeolive i agree!!!! Just for Summet no personal checks!!!!!

Hi mechta,

We can only worry so much, including for ourselves.
We have to do what we can, pray and leave the rest
to God. We have so much to be thankful for. Winning
the DV Lotto is just another one. What are the odds
of winning the Lotto? Very little.

The One who brought us so far can take us further.
Keep up the faith!

;)!!! Capeolive, I really worry for Summet ..........and not only for him!!!!

hi All,

Now I'm going to file AOS file to Chcago Lockbox. My case number is current in August. To do this, I need to make sure about docs.
Can you guys help me?

1. My case number 2010AS00028xxx is current but I haven't received yet my NL2. Anyway Can I file my docs to Chicago Lockbox?
2. Fee $1010 should be money order or it can be personal check. if it is money order how can I track it is cashed or not?
3. Are these docs right? Is something missing?
- I-485 (2 photos) +Supplement
- I-131
- I-765
- I-864
- G-325A
- My docs, passport, birth certificate, diploma....etc