• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Izzy120,

You should order a Tax Return Transcript.
Just in case order past 3 years if relevant. You can
only use the last year's. Sometimes it helps to have
more than just most recent year's...

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Seniors,

I was looking to request Tax Transcripts to include with my AOS package. Per IRS website, there are two types:

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

A tax return transcript shows most line items from your tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as it was originally filed, including any accompanying forms and schedules. It does not reflect any changes you, your representative or the IRS made after the return was filed. In many cases, a return transcript will meet the requirements of lending institutions such as those offering mortgages and for applying for student loans.
A tax account transcript shows any later adjustments either you or the IRS made after the tax return was filed. This transcript shows basic data, including marital status, type of return filed, adjusted gross income and taxable income.

I wasn't sure which one I should request for. Anyone asked for a specific one? I am thinking it would be the Tax Return Transcript. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Hi WithGod,

You should use two separate personal checks for each applicant...

Hi guys,
One quick question...which is better when sending th AOS package: money order, personal check or cashiers check. Also can I send one check for everything thing or should I have two checks...one for my husband and one for me.

Thanks

Hi maila,

If you cannot wait one more day, you can call tomorrow. They might
get upset because "some applicant" pissed them off in the past...

For the CP you will require to pay around $800 per person as far as I can remember.

The fee you have already paid might end up being used for the deficit, but I am not positive...

Hi..I would like to thank i2009,Capeolive,NuvF, Izzy120,Nokira,Sumeet,Newone,Chooti and everyone in this forum for best wishes and support. Thanks guys. Hope we will get interview letter soon so that we can schedule our travel plans earlier saving few hundred dollars buying air tickets earlier.

When we called KCC on Friday last week they said to call them back in a week for the interview date, do you think calling tomorrow on 15th will be good idea or should wait till Friday 16th? I remember calling them couple of time to get our request for change of AOS to CP.

We have already paid AOS fees here and we have reciept; do you guys think that US embassy back home will readjust that or we have to pay again. NuvF mentioned that we may have to file request for refund after we come back. Seems the visa filing fees has gone up effective July so we will be paying more I guess.

Good luck to all.

Thanks for the clarification and for including the application form link. I read somewhere that IRS forwards transcripts for past 4 years, but on the form itself you need to indicate the date range, either way, I am thinking that the past 4 years should be enough.

Really appreciate your help.

BTW, I am dying to hear if new one has had any luck with the two security guys in getting her GC out of the deep dark lonely mail box... :D

Hi Izzy120,

You should order a Tax Return Transcript.
Just in case order past 3 years if relevant. You can
only use the last year's. Sometimes it helps to have
more than just most recent year's...

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Yes, I totally forgot about this, many of us 2011 winners who have already paid the AOS fees before July 13th 2010 (effective date for the new fees) have called KCC many times to find out if we need to pay the difference. We have been told that the new fee applies to those who will have interview dates after July 13th, 2010. I don't know if the same applies to 2010 winners with interview dates after July 13 but it doesn't hurt to check with KCC.

As our interview falls after July 13th, we called KCC to confirm whether we have to pay the difference. The officer who answered told that we have to. According to the following it's not clear whether we still have to pay the difference because our applications are already accepted.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm
Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees.
Has anyone who is having/hoping to have interviews after July 13,inquired about this? It seems we will have to pay the difference.

Hi Izzy120,

I hope she doesn't end up getting more security
on those security guys. Sometimes you need a
B plan and a C one...

I am expecting the good news anytime this week...

Thanks for the clarification and for including the application form link. I read somewhere that IRS forwards transcripts for past 4 years, but on the form itself you need to indicate the date range, either way, I am thinking that the past 4 years should be enough.

Really appreciate your help.

BTW, I am dying to hear if new one has had any luck with the two security guys in getting her GC out of the deep dark lonely mail box... :D

Hi chooti,

According to the statement in their website you won't have to pay a difference.

On the other hand "I would just pay the difference and help the economy!"

As our interview falls after July 13th, we called KCC to confirm whether we have to pay the difference. The officer who answered told that we have to. According to the following it's not clear whether we still have to pay the difference because our applications are already accepted.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html#perm
Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees.
Has anyone who is having/hoping to have interviews after July 13,inquired about this? It seems we will have to pay the difference.

Hello guys! I have more questions if you don’t mind.

I-485. Part 1. If my current status is F-1, what should I write down in a blank “Expires on” Duration of status or the expiration date of my last I-20?

G-325A. Applicant’s employment: if I was unemployed while being in the USA, should I write down unemployed and in the blank occupation put None? Or should I write down a name of college which I have attended and state what my occupation is student? I saw yesterday the G-325A of my friend, which was filled out by his lawyer, and this segment of application states: the mane of his college and occupation – student. A little bit confusing….

“The G-325A is generally submitted with four copies--a white (original), green, pink, and blue copy.” Is it still true? Can I submit just four white copies?

Thank you!

Hi mechta,

A1. You should put n/a

A2. You should put n/a as well. Writing student may not hurt bu it is not an employment.

G-325A is just 1 page.

Make sure to use the latest versions of "unexpired" forms.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=3faf2c1a6855d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=d7c84154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Hello guys! I have more questions if you don’t mind.

I-485. Part 1. If my current status is F-1, what should I write down in a blank “Expires on” Duration of status or the expiration date of my last I-20?

G-325A. Applicant’s employment: if I was unemployed while being in the USA, should I write down unemployed and in the blank occupation put None? Or should I write down a name of college which I have attended and state what my occupation is student? I saw yesterday the G-325A of my friend, which was filled out by his lawyer, and this segment of application states: the mane of his college and occupation – student. A little bit confusing….

“The G-325A is generally submitted with four copies--a white (original), green, pink, and blue copy.” Is it still true? Can I submit just four white copies?

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you again Capeolive! I saw these links. However, a couple of weeks ago I went to the local USCIS office and they gave me all forms requested for AOS package including a G-325A with four copies -a white, green, pink, and blue copy. Moreover, most of them were expired….????

Hi mechta,

I am sorry I meant employment not occupation for G325A. They were asking about the employment last 5 years there.

For I-485 you should put student as your occupation.

When they ask about employment you shouldn't be using your school name or student...

Thank you Capeolive!
So if student is not an occupation should I also put in I-485 - current occupation N/A?

Hi mechta,

Something similar happened to me when I was about to apply for AOS in
February I did an InfoPass, I had somethings I wanted to clear out. At the
time I had a pending I-485 for 6 years and at the time I had to wait 2 more
years on that. I explained the person that I wanted to close my pending case
and do a DV AOS application. She told me not to close it and wait because it
had already being pending. Whatever I asked she said "It is your decision, sir"

When I insisted on applying for DV AOS and ask her when I can apply and that
I needed information. She said that I could apply after October 1, 2010 and
they could give me the information then.

When I told her that it had already started in last October and I was about to apply
and insisted on the forms (I did not need the forms, I just wanted her to do
something other than giving me false information without even blushing each time
I corrected her) She finally moved "herself" and brought me bunch of "expired" forms.

I am sure she still works there and "informing" people!

Thank you again Capeolive! I saw these links. However, a couple of weeks ago I went to the local USCIS office and they gave me all forms requested for AOS package including a G-325A with four copies -a white, green, pink, and blue copy. Moreover, most of them were expired….????

When I told her that it had already started in last October and I was about to apply
something other than giving me false information without even blushing each time
I corrected her) She finally moved "herself" and brought me bunch of "expired" forms.

Unfortunately, nothing is changed…

If your question is reagrding the DV lottery fee this is the email I got from KCC:

Thank you for your inquiry.
Effective July 13, 2010 the Diversity Visa fee will be $440.00. If you have already paid the previous Diversity Visa fee of $375.00, you are required to pay the difference of $65.00. Please mail a Postal money order (made out to the Department of State) to the Diversity Visa Processing fee address given below:

U.S. Department of State

Diversity Visa Program

P.O. Box 979079

St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000
OK....but how?!

Hi Capeoliveee :)
I am just wondering why you decide to close your pending file back then, (knowing fully well that the DV lottery doesn't garantee GC). I am asking this question because as you know I have somenthing pending as well.

Thanks,
R2010
Hi mechta,