• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Summet,

You have a DV case file at KCC in order the interview to be done
your file needs to be transferred to the local field office. But they
do not transfer it before your number becomes current. Sometimes they
work in mysterious ways though.

You will have another file at NBC, MO, the AOS file you sent
to Chicago will end up there. They will also send it to your
field office for the interview.

They will also invite "a very important person" for the interview...

Hey capeolive,
just reading your post over to team works to call KCC to check the case status. suddenly one thing strike in my mind, you know when I called KCC in to request the 1st letter from KCC, they said they gonna send it in 3-5 business days but when they didnt I called them back again and they said I will be getting it the next day in my email also he added that my file has already been send to Irving Office. I really didnt cared about it that time, but now reading the posts , I am just curious what this is all about...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Capeolive, Summit, NuvF, Olsson, IZZY120, i2009 and ....

I have been reading this forum for sometime as I am a DV 2011 lottery selectee. I am really surprised about how Capeolive is helping people continuously and flawlessly. I have learned a lot and trying to prepare my self. I am praying for Summit as well as for others who are still waiting and having high CN. I have been following Olsson's case also and feeling good that he is almost close to the long journey.

I would like to request you guys to help us (DV 2011) with your suggestions and guidelines. It is true you guys will become busy but if you could visit the AOS 2011 forum sometimes and help us that would be great.

I have one question: what is walk-in biometrics?

Thanks

Finally got interview appointment letter on 6/30/10. Had to wait since 3/31 when FP was done. Interview is on 8/3/10. Any suggestions on what IO might ask during a dv interview?

Hello schneidi68,

Congratulations on receiving your interview letter. I hope that you have a smooth and successful interview.

It all depends on the IO but what they want is to verify that everything is alright with your application. The IO will probably request the originals of the documentation that you submitted with your application and check your legal status. If the IO officer has doubts about your financial support, then s/he may ask for an affidavit of support.

You should bring an affidavit of support even though the notification letter does not ask for one. Just show it if the IO requires it, otherwise keep it in your folder.

Best of luck!

I have been reading this forum for sometime as I am a DV 2011 lottery selectee. I am really surprised about how Capeolive is helping people continuously and flawlessly. I have learned a lot and trying to prepare my self. I am praying for Summit as well as for others who are still waiting and having high CN. I have been following Olsson's case also and feeling good that he is almost close to the long journey.

I would like to request you guys to help us (DV 2011) with your suggestions and guidelines. It is true you guys will become busy but if you could visit the AOS 2011 forum sometimes and help us that would be great.

Thanks

Congratulations zahidal for winning the DV and welcome to this thread.

Walk-in biometrics is when you take the biometrics without an appointment. Sometimes it is useful when, for example, they forget to send the biometrics appointment or when the appointment is set too close, or after, the AOS interview.

One suggestion to all DV2011 selectees is to read the AOS Only threads from previous years. It is a long reading but it's worth it.

Good luck!

Hi zahidal,

Walk-in-Biometrics is: simply doing the biometrics
before the actual biometrics day. Just simply
walking in the ASC and explaining the reason and
if accepted doing it. It is practiced by some late
applicants and by some applicants who have conflict
with their interview date vs. biometrics date...

For me "this thread" is home until the end of the fiscal year.
You are welcome here any time you need anything from us.
Good luck to you on the 2011 thread...

Thanks

Capeolive,

Thanks for the detailed information on these cases. It looks like chivik had some problems along the process, are you aware of them? Thanks again.

Hello Izzy120,

chivik had some complications but I don't know if it was something wrong with his/her application or if it simply was one of those cases that are delayed with no apparent reason. In the other hand, daima and cooldude had a smooth process and the IO was great.

Unfortunately, it seems that there is no pattern in the AOS process. Some cases take longer than others, it depends on the Field Office, the Immigration Officers, and luck.

My suggestion: do not worry too much about something that you can't control. You have great chances because your CN is low and because you actively educate yourself about the process.

Good luck!

Hello maila,

I wanted to give you heads-up on the police certificates of the places where you lived. Since you are switching to CP they will require that you show the police certificates from the countries where you have lived for more than 6 months. Some places, like the UK, may take a while to produce the certificate and mail it to you so you should start working on that asap.

:)

Almost got a heart attack today, when I went to the dv site to check my parent's and husband's status just in case, to see maybe they also won, and they have NOT been selected.

I also check my status just for fun and it was also shown as Not Selected. I called KCC and they said it was a glitch int he system(thanks God:))

Anyway, I mailed my forms on 5/26 and still did not get second letter from KCC. I see that some people got them alread for 2011

The girl at KCC told me that they do not send any second letters until August.

Form you experience, does it sound right that second notice from KCC is sent in August?

Hello maila,

I wanted to give you heads-up on the police certificates of the places where you lived. Since you are switching to CP they will require that you show the police certificates from the countries where you have lived for more than 6 months. Some places, like the UK, may take a while to produce the certificate and mail it to you so you should start working on that asap.

Hi i2009. Thank you for the reminder. Yes, I have gather all the police report last year (with painful process) . Unfortunately I lived in many countries in the world but I have that. I just kept touch base with Bikash (if you remember) who changed from AOS to CP but he is still waiting for his interview letter but his number is current for August. Am wondering why taking so long as it is already July. Hope our case will get smoother...wish us luck. Appreciate your and everyone's support.

Hi Olsson,

Congratulations. You'll get your card within
two to three weeks. You should get a welcome
letter in mail and PDA before you get your card.
You did the right thing by doing a walk-in biometrics.
I am happy for you, congratulations again...

Thank you Capeolive and i2009. I also got the welcome letter and hoping for GC to get in mid of July.

Almost got a heart attack today, when I went to the dv site to check my parent's and husband's status just in case, to see maybe they also won, and they have NOT been selected.

I also check my status just for fun and it was also shown as Not Selected. I called KCC and they said it was a glitch int he system(thanks God:))

Anyway, I mailed my forms on 5/26 and still did not get second letter from KCC. I see that some people got them alread for 2011

The girl at KCC told me that they do not send any second letters until August.

Form you experience, does it sound right that second notice from KCC is sent in August?

Hi lisa6,

I think for KCC, second letter means the interview notification for people proceeding with CP, and they send that around August close to begining of Fiscal year. If you are doing AOS, the second letter is just KCC acknowledging your intent of pursuing AOS, so it's different. In my opinion, I don't think KCC classifies that as second letter although we do; that's why they gave you that answer. You should receive it soon if you sent your form back in May. We received ours end of June and we sent our forms back in April, so you have time.

All the best

Hi friends,

Just checking in, it's been a while. Congrats to all GCs and interview letters received. Haven't read everything I missed but I'm sure there's a lot f good news. Capeolive, you are doing a great job, well done! i2009, you too. I'm glad you're still helping the new comers. I've been doing my assistance thorugh PMs, so I haven't completely left the forum.

Good job every1 and all the best to upcoming interviews, etc. Can you guys believe it??? It's towards the end of our Fiscal year, wow!! We've come a long way!

Have a great 4th of July. Don't have too much fun and be safe!

Thanks i2009 and I do agree with you on what you said. I guess I am just trying to picture myself in the worst case scenario and what I can do to overcome that.

I got in touch with Daima, cooldude and chivik and have also been reading their interview experience at the Jax Office. You guys have proven to be amazing over and over again, I hope some of you will be around for sometime for us newcomers...although what you have done to help us has been paramount. :)

Hello Izzy120,

chivik had some complications but I don't know if it was something wrong with his/her application or if it simply was one of those cases that are delayed with no apparent reason. In the other hand, daima and cooldude had a smooth process and the IO was great.

Unfortunately, it seems that there is no pattern in the AOS process. Some cases take longer than others, it depends on the Field Office, the Immigration Officers, and luck.

My suggestion: do not worry too much about something that you can't control. You have great chances because your CN is low and because you actively educate yourself about the process.

Good luck!

My congrats New one

I am happy for you ............

I will tell you for future what we doing about my sister case............i know lot of you want to know.........we do not want just wait this time

please we need your prayers
thank

Hi fitness901,

thank you for good wishes.
Let us know about your sister case.
I hope you found some good solution.
Cross fingers for her, I hope he'll get her
card soon.
Best of luck!

So, I went ahead and called KCC and inquired about the new fee. The lady told me that I will be required to pay the difference even if I had made a payment prior to July 13, 2010. Plus I checked with my bank and the cashier's check has not been cashed yet, so I am hoping it will either come back or they will ask for the difference.

In the meantime, here is some info from the DOS website:

"Important Notice - New Immigrant Application Fees: Immigrant visa application processing fees and other immigrant visa services fees will change on July 13, 2010, and immigrant visa application processing fees will be tiered. (There will no longer be one single visa application fee for all immigrant categories.) See the Press Release. Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees. (Review additional information, including a cost of service study on the www.Regulations.gov website.)"

Source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

Hi Izzy120,

My understanding is the fees are going up as of July 13, 2010.
When you get the AOS fee payment form it will have a stamp
saying PAID and a date if you have paid it before 7/13
you should be off the hook.

If you want to make sure you can ask them. They might require
the difference as well.

Thanks new one. Congratulation..happy for you. Hope you will stick around to help people like us.

Hi maila,

thank you!
I'll be around and help however I can.
My knowledge about dv cases is not so good
as capeolive's, i2009's, NuvF's .... but I'll
give the best of my knowledge.

Case Update!!!

My online status check says that USCIS has ordered for my card production and will be in my mail box within 30 days. once again thank you very much "Capeolive", newone,i2009 and rest for your valuable suggestions.

Hi Olsson,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
That's great news!
Couple more days and you'll have it in your hands.