• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Finally got interview appointment letter on 6/30/10. Had to wait since 3/31 when FP was done. Interview is on 8/3/10. Any suggestions on what IO might ask during a dv interview?

Hi schneidi68,

congratulations!!!
You were waiting for a long time
for your interview letter.
Hope things will go easy and smooth.
You have my best wishes!

What do they normally ask during a DV interview?

Thank you for the good wishes.

Hi schneidi68,

I was asked to show all originals.
passport with I-94,
birth certificate,
DOS fee
1st NL,
high school diploma,
employer letter
and I-134.

she asked me about collage transcript in USA.
I told her that I study in my country not here.
She said that high school diploma will be enough.

Than she asked me all questions from I-485,
and that was it.

5 minutes in total :D.

new one, were you asked to bring I-134 in your interview letter? Any reason why? I know its a dumb question but just curious to know if you included your employment/financial docs with your AOS package and they still asked to see I-134? Thanks.

Hi schneidi68,

I was asked to show all originals.
passport with I-94,
birth certificate,
DOS fee
1st NL,
high school diploma,
employer letter
and I-134.

she asked me about collage transcript in USA.
I told her that I study in my country not here.
She said that high school diploma will be enough.

Than she asked me all questions from I-485,
and that was it.

5 minutes in total :D.

Hi lisa6,

There are people who have received 2NL.
I think you should receive it before August.
In either case you got plenty of time...

Almost got a heart attack today, when I went to the dv site to check my parent's and husband's status just in case, to see maybe they also won, and they have NOT been selected.

I also check my status just for fun and it was also shown as Not Selected. I called KCC and they said it was a glitch int he system(thanks God:))

Anyway, I mailed my forms on 5/26 and still did not get second letter from KCC. I see that some people got them alread for 2011

The girl at KCC told me that they do not send any second letters until August.

Form you experience, does it sound right that second notice from KCC is sent in August?

Hi Daima,

It is good to see you around. Thank you for your good words.
We are just trying to continue the good deeds that we found
you doing when we got in the forum...

Hi friends,

Just checking in, it's been a while. Congrats to all GCs and interview letters received. Haven't read everything I missed but I'm sure there's a lot f good news. Capeolive, you are doing a great job, well done! i2009, you too. I'm glad you're still helping the new comers. I've been doing my assistance thorugh PMs, so I haven't completely left the forum.

Good job every1 and all the best to upcoming interviews, etc. Can you guys believe it??? It's towards the end of our Fiscal year, wow!! We've come a long way!

Have a great 4th of July. Don't have too much fun and be safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Izzy120,

The following contradicts with what you were told on the phone.

Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees.

Anyways, I would just pay what they want and help the economy.
For us green cards are much more important than some dollar figure...

So, I went ahead and called KCC and inquired about the new fee. The lady told me that I will be required to pay the difference even if I had made a payment prior to July 13, 2010. Plus I checked with my bank and the cashier's check has not been cashed yet, so I am hoping it will either come back or they will ask for the difference.

In the meantime, here is some info from the DOS website:

"Important Notice - New Immigrant Application Fees: Immigrant visa application processing fees and other immigrant visa services fees will change on July 13, 2010, and immigrant visa application processing fees will be tiered. (There will no longer be one single visa application fee for all immigrant categories.) See the Press Release. Applicants will have to pay the full fees in effect on the day they apply, with the exception of applicants whose fees are collected by the National Visa Center (NVC). Applicants whose fees are collected by NVC, both prior to and after July 13, 2010, will be required to pay only the fees in effect on the day they are billed. Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees. (Review additional information, including a cost of service study on the www.Regulations.gov website.)"

Source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

Hi Izzy120,

As far as I can remember her annual income was not sufficient.
That's why she was specifically asked to bring an I-134. That's
what I remember. She probably will answer it herself later.

Sometimes even if you have sufficient annual income you may
still be asked to provide an I-134. It is kind of a guarantee that
you won't be a public charge. But again there have been many
examples of "poor" students who were not asked for any I-134's.

Rule of thumb: If possible get one for the interview and do not
use it unless asked for it specifically...

new one, were you asked to bring I-134 in your interview letter? Any reason why? I know its a dumb question but just curious to know if you included your employment/financial docs with your AOS package and they still asked to see I-134? Thanks.

Yeah, so I thought, but I wanted to call KCC and find out for sure. And I really don't know which one to go with. I will wait and see what happens, I will either get my check returned and be asked to pay the correct fee or get the receipt marked "paid". Or I will call them up again on Tuesday and see if I get consistent answers.

Hi Izzy120,

The following contradicts with what you were told on the phone.

Applicants billed by NVC at the current rate prior to July 13, 2010 will not be required to pay the difference between the current and new fees.

Anyways, I would just pay what they want and help the economy.
For us green cards are much more important than some dollar figure...

Happy Fourth everyone!!! Especially to those who have already gotten their "Independence" and to whose who are on their way, celebrate responsibly!!!

Thanks for that" Quote"
I was just wondering coz before I told anyting to the guy I was talking to KCC over the fon he just anwered that they send the email in my email account and also send my file to the irving local office. I guess they are sending the file coz my number is getting current.. I
Hi Summet,

You have a DV case file at KCC in order the interview to be done
your file needs to be transferred to the local field office. But they
do not transfer it before your number becomes current. Sometimes they
work in mysterious ways though.

You will have another file at NBC, MO, the AOS file you sent
to Chicago will end up there. They will also send it to your
field office for the interview.

They will also invite "a very important person" for the interview...

I completely agree with capeolive, this place have been home to be. SO far this is the whole place in this country where I can share my problems with the guarantee that its gonna be a problem no more.
Hi zahidal,

Walk-in-Biometrics is: simply doing the biometrics
before the actual biometrics day. Just simply
walking in the ASC and explaining the reason and
if accepted doing it. It is practiced by some late
applicants and by some applicants who have conflict
with their interview date vs. biometrics date...

For me "this thread" is home until the end of the fiscal year.
You are welcome here any time you need anything from us.
Good luck to you on the 2011 thread...

new one, you underestimate yourself!!!

Hi Izzy120,

I am just being objective:D
I have learned about DV process
just enough to send application and
get myself ready for the interview.
I didn't want to know anything that
could makes me think "what if" :D:D:D
That was my way to make myself relaxed.

About I-134.....
I was asked to bring it.
I didn't have enough annual income,
so I knew they would ask for it.

Hi i2009. Thank you for the reminder. Yes, I have gather all the police report last year (with painful process) . Unfortunately I lived in many countries in the world but I have that. I just kept touch base with Bikash (if you remember) who changed from AOS to CP but he is still waiting for his interview letter but his number is current for August. Am wondering why taking so long as it is already July. Hope our case will get smoother...wish us luck. Appreciate your and everyone's support.

Hi maila,

I just wanna add that police certificate
must have been issued no more than a year
before your visa interview.

Almost got a heart attack today, when I went to the dv site to check my parent's and husband's status just in case, to see maybe they also won, and they have NOT been selected.

I also check my status just for fun and it was also shown as Not Selected. I called KCC and they said it was a glitch int he system(thanks God:))

Anyway, I mailed my forms on 5/26 and still did not get second letter from KCC. I see that some people got them alread for 2011

The girl at KCC told me that they do not send any second letters until August.

Form you experience, does it sound right that second notice from KCC is sent in August?

Hi lisa6,

something similar had happened
to my friend last year.
She called them to check if she won,
because she lost her confirmation number.
Some lady told her
"congratulations you won!!!
Can you please hold on a second".
After 5 minutes she came back and said:
"I am sorry I made a mistake" :(.
In that 5 minutes she saw her whole future :D.
Sometimes they can be very cruel.
They don't understand how important that is for us.

What number did you call to check?
Can you please tell me.
I would like to check for my family.

Hi new one,

2011 DV Lottery results can be checked from the following site.
You need to use internet explorer, firefox is not accepted...

https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/(S(cwzagozscl15ny45wfoaru55))/Secure/StatusCheck.aspx

Hi lisa6,

something similar had happened
to my friend last year.
She called them to check if she won,
because she lost her confirmation number.
Some lady told her
"congratulations you won!!!
Can you please hold on a second".
After 5 minutes she came back and said:
"I am sorry I made a mistake" :(.
In that 5 minutes she saw her whole future :D.
Sometimes they can be very cruel.
They don't understand how important that is for us.

What number did you call to check?
Can you please tell me.
I would like to check for my family.

I dont know about the deal now, but when I wanted to check my status online, it was available late for my case number last year. I hope that might have been the case for you guys who are not able to get online access.
Hi capeolive,

thank you.
But I already checked on the site.
If lisa6 was told they had a glitch in the system,
why not recheck calling them :D.
Just to be sure.

Hello, how long before our number becomes current can we send the AOS package to USCIS? IT seems like you send it more than a month ahead of time. Is there any guideline for this? Thanks for any help.