• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Summet,

You don't need a police report for the interview.
They do a background check when you do your
biometrics. Just try to get an I-134, in case you
need it. At this point in FY you don't want to lose
any time. You should get your NOA this week.
Then you'll have to do little more waiting, that's it...

Thanks new one,
that was a good piece of suggestion, have got all my documents ready as well for my interview, however, i didnt submit the police report from my country because i though i didnt need it, and i have no criminal background, just the only thing i am working on is to get the sponser, so far non in dallas has been asked for one how ever, i just want to play safe.

Yea capeolive,
I dont want to be taking any kind of risk at the end of the fiscal yr, so I am gonna get that thing ready, i dont have any one here that I know can be the sponser coz every one i know is also a student however, I am trying by best to get hold of some body. And about the NOA, i am just waiting on that, not coz i am afraid if i am get it or not but coz i want to see what's my next step be. "if they again gonna call me for the biometrics or not, coz if they do then, it will be weird and unusual that, they will be doing the fingerprinting for the same person at the same place for same purpose in less than a year. Just having fingers crossed.
Hi Summet,

You don't need a police report for the interview.
They do a background check when you do your
biometrics. Just try to get an I-134, in case you
need it. At this point in FY you don't want to lose
any time. You should get your NOA this week.
Then you'll have to do little more waiting, that's it...

Thanks new one,
that was a good piece of suggestion, have got all my documents ready as well for my interview, however, i didnt submit the police report from my country because i though i didnt need it, and i have no criminal background, just the only thing i am working on is to get the sponser, so far non in dallas has been asked for one how ever, i just want to play safe.

Hi Summet,

you're more than welcome!
Stay positive and patient!

I don't know about police report.
But I sent them certificate from the court
that no record exists.
They asked for it (I-485 instructions page 3
at the top)..........
And also in my interview letter I was asked
to bring the original of it.

I will get them one if they ask for it, but i think they will do the back ground check anyways so, i think it should be good.
Hi Summet,

you're more than welcome!
Stay positive and patient!

I don't know about police report.
But I sent them certificate from the court
that no record exists.
They asked for it (I-485 instructions page 3
at the top)..........
And also in my interview letter I was asked
to bring the original of it.

Dear all....... I2009 ,capeolive and new one for your wishes for my sister

I was little disappoted about the whole out come in court last time.........i was wishing to come to forum to tell good news and her all hard journey but..............thing did turn different way ,so the good thing is the journey not over yet we trying our best until the end.

i am hoping time come to tell the whole thing , i do not want to spoil it now ....i am still on forum time to time am kind of feel it give me some kind of hope to be around .

We still need your prayers

again thanks Capeolive and I2009 for your thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Summet

I am glad your case start moving .........I think this time you need to relax and lot of prayers

All my prayers to you ..........just forget about your past lawyers move on. i Wish i could able to tell you the worst about a lawyers we been in my sister Journey.

You will be okay
Good luck

Hi friends,

Just checking in, it's been a while. Congrats to all GCs and interview letters received. Haven't read everything I missed but I'm sure there's a lot f good news. Capeolive, you are doing a great job, well done! i2009, you too. I'm glad you're still helping the new comers. I've been doing my assistance thorugh PMs, so I haven't completely left the forum.

Good job every1 and all the best to upcoming interviews, etc. Can you guys believe it??? It's towards the end of our Fiscal year, wow!! We've come a long way!

Have a great 4th of July. Don't have too much fun and be safe!

Hello Daima,

It's great to see you around. I hope that you had a great 4th of July as well.

I agree with you, back in July 2009 I was counting the days for the FY2010 to start and now it seems incredible that we are getting close to the end of it. Isn't it amazing of how much we all have been through this past year?

Thanks one more time for all your help!

I was little disappoted about the whole out come in court last time.........i was wishing to come to forum to tell good news and her all hard journey but..............thing did turn different way ,so the good thing is the journey not over yet we trying our best until the end.

i am hoping time come to tell the whole thing , i do not want to spoil it now ....i am still on forum time to time am kind of feel it give me some kind of hope to be around .

Hello fitness901,

I am sorry that the latest court hearing was not good. I can imagine how hard it is for you and your sister right now but keep on fighting. I am hoping that you soon will be able to come to the forum to share great news with us. Keep a positive attitude!

Best of luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
I remember we used to have confusion about getting DV and losing F1 status when we go for CP. It seems US embassy do not consider technically applying for DV as intent to immigrate. Here is a transcript from US Embassy in Nepal. Hope it will helps.

---
6. Question Submitted by Santosh: Dear Sir/madam, I would like to know whether one is capable of applying for DV if s/he has already received a F1 visa?
Answer: Yes, so long as you meet the basic requirements set under the DV program and are a national of a country that is eligible to participate in the Diversity Visa Program.

Hello maila,

Applicants of some non-immigrant visas (F, B1, B2, J, TN) need to prove that they are coming to the US only temporarily; if the Consular Officer discovers that the applicant intents to immigrate to the US then the visa will not be granted. Said that, if you apply for an immigration visa then there is no doubt of your intent to immigrate.

There are some information that DHL keeps the information regarding the DV applicants and they are feeding a huge database. It seems that this database is not being used at this time but it potentially could help officials in many ways (mainly for security, finding people, etc). So, if they want to use the database, they could easily find the intent to immigrate of a person that had participated in the DV program regardless of being selected or not.

Hi fitness901,

As long as there is even a little trace of hope it is good news.
You have got to struggle until the end. I hope your sister gets
the better outcome for the long run.

We human beings do not know the future. What we got to do
is to struggle and pray for the best outcome for our future.
Life is not what we see now, there is also some future for
each of us. What we should do is to struggle and pray for
the best outcome for us and for our loved ones.

Your sister and your family got my best wishes and prayers.
I hope to hear the good news from you in the near future...

Hi capeolive,

thank you.
But I already checked on the site.
If lisa6 was told they had a glitch in the system,
why not recheck calling them :D.
Just to be sure.

I called the same number which was on first letter from KCC 6065267500. Girl on the phone asked for my conformation number not to check if i won, but to put it int he system:)

Thank you very much Capeolive for your sweet word ........really we need that.......
Mostly for her..........she is woman with strong faith...even thoug half of her
hope is in grave........
i hope God see that ............and keep praying

Thank you and i always forword to her your support word

Hi fitness901,

As long as there is even a little trace of hope it is good news.
You have got to struggle until the end. I hope your sister gets
the better outcome for the long run.

We human beings do not know the future. What we got to do
is to struggle and pray for the best outcome for our future.
Life is not what we see now, there is also some future for
each of us. What we should do is to struggle and pray for
the best outcome for us and for our loved ones.

Your sister and your family got my best wishes and prayers.
I hope to hear the good news from you in the near future...

Hi fitness901,

you have my best wishes and prayers.
Don't give up. Fight to the end.
I hope everything will be ok,
and you will find some good solution!
Stay positive!!!!

I called the same number which was on first letter from KCC 6065267500. Girl on the phone asked for my conformation number not to check if i won, but to put it int he system:)

Hi lisa6,
thank you!!!
Maybe I'll try to call them!

HI fitness,
thanks for ur concern.. ..I always have prayer for your sister, just have faith and I am sure justice will be in her side.
Just have strong faith coz this is th eonly thing that will let us advance in life.
my best wishes...
hey Summet

I am glad your case start moving .........I think this time you need to relax and lot of prayers

All my prayers to you ..........just forget about your past lawyers move on. i Wish i could able to tell you the worst about a lawyers we been in my sister Journey.

You will be okay
Good luck

I am so happy!!!

I have a big smile on my face :D:D:D.
Today I got my welcome letter:D.

I just cannot believe that almost is the end.
It's an amazing feeling.
I feel a freedom :D:D:D.
I am so happy that the FY2010 is almost over,
and I'm sure that all of us will have GCs.:D:D:D

HI..Summet
did you got your NOA letter yet?
I saw your Checks cashed as same day as mine.
and I got I797 NOA letter for I485, 131, 765, today, but didn't come with BIO app letter.
how's your case going.

hey zuno.
I havent got mine yet..might be getting it soon, but i only applied for I485 not for all other things
and ya the biometrics, u wont get till next couple of weeks, and after u get the letter u again have to wait few weeks to get it done
and thats how it works...so u take it easy, u will get it. just i am waiting on mine to be out so that i can see how my process be going, in your case, u will get biometric soon

HI..Summet
did you got your NOA letter yet?
I saw your Checks cashed as same day as mine.
and I got I797 NOA letter for I485, 131, 765, today, but didn't come with BIO app letter.
how's your case going.