• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

hi capeolive,
I dont think they will do any exception but I will be more than happy if i can get everything done in the given time frame, and all the documents are all ready, just working on to find a sponsor.
Hi Summet,

After hearing about "if they are efficient" quote I am sure they will do an exception for you.
But even if they don't do an exception, you got plenty of time and you are at a nice place...

HI..Summet
did you got your NOA letter yet?
I saw your Checks cashed as same day as mine.
and I got I797 NOA letter for I485, 131, 765, today, but didn't come with BIO app letter.
how's your case going.

You will receive your biometrics soon. Our number is also current for August and we received biometric appointments.

I am suprised, that was so quick, u got biometrics letter just 3 days after you got your NOA. it looks like they are planning for ur interview to be on august. hope that do same with mine as well.
You will receive your biometrics soon. Our number is also current for August and we received biometric appointments.

@Chooti, your sig say,

06/21/10 Received AOS acceptance emails + SMS
06/25/10 Received NOAs

How is that possible??

If correct sure sign they are getting EFFICIENT in the last 3 mos !!

Good Luck !!

@Summet, my guess is you will NOT get another bio....reason.... seems they are EFFICIENT !!

Summet, I too think you may not get another biometric appointment. Let's hope we will get our interviews soon!

@NuvF, It seems they are processing the cases fast, perhaps because it is getting closer to the end of the year.

I hope so too. but I also have the same question in my mind, how did you got the notification of the NOA even before you got your NOA coz in order to get the notification, you have to put your receipt number. I guess, they are gettingmore efficient. I hope things will go alright and whatever you guys have said will come true , i am having my fingers crossed.
Summet, I too think you may not get another biometric appointment. Let's hope we will get our interviews soon!

@NuvF, It seems they are processing the cases fast, perhaps because it is getting closer to the end of the year.

I hope so too. but I also have the same question in my mind, how did you got the notification of the NOA even before you got your NOA coz in order to get the notification, you have to put your receipt number. I guess, they are gettingmore efficient. I hope things will go alright and whatever you guys have said will come true , i am having my fingers crossed.

I sent the G-1145 form along with the I-485. Then you get a text message and an email for NOA on the same day they start processing the application. If you check under form "I-485" in USCIS website, you will find this form as well. Anyway don't worry if you haven't sent it. The only difference is you get to know about your NOA just before 2-3 days you receive it in mail. Our case appeared online a week after we received NOA in mail.

That really sounds full of hope I hope things will go al right with my case as well. I just dont know how my process gonna look like coz if i get the biometrics, i will be able to calculate the time line, but if i dont then I dont know how to track my process, any one has any idea, the best way to keep track of it. Any number to call, any website to visit or any office.
I sent the G-1145 form along with the I-485. Then you get a text message and an email for NOA on the same day they start processing the application. If you check under form "I-485" in USCIS website, you will find this form as well. Anyway don't worry if you haven't sent it. The only difference is you get to know about your NOA just before 2-3 days you receive it in mail. Our case appeared online a week after we received NOA in mail.

chooti, can u also mention the city you are applying such that we can have a clear picture of the time frames and the processes.

Hey, CONGRATS!!! way to go!!! Hope you get to see your Green Card soon!!!

I have a big smile on my face :D:D:D.
Today I got my welcome letter:D.

I just cannot believe that almost is the end.
It's an amazing feeling.
I feel a freedom :D:D:D.
I am so happy that the FY2010 is almost over,
and I'm sure that all of us will have GCs.:D:D:D

Did they send a email that they mailing out Biometrics letter?
cuz I also mail g-1145 with AOS pkg ^^

No. It was just for NOA. After that you have to register in the USCIS website to get text messages/emails. Anyway our case appeared on the online system one week after we received NOA letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello forum 2010 friends,
As I am reading what you guys have been through already, I notice that, for some of you it was a smooth ride for the GC and for other it is or it was a nerve- wreaking experience!!! ( especially for those with high numbers). I am really hoping that everyone will have a HAPPY ending! My number will be probably current btw January or April 2011 so I will have more time for the process. However, I notice that I am yet to see a member with Newark-NJ experience (I was checking Capeolive excellent work with all the time frames!) Does anyone knows about how is Newark-NJ USCIS?

Wow, it took me couple of hours to catch up with all the newly filled pages.

First of all, congrats to new one for the welcome letter. For me, that was it...I was happier than getting the actual card.

I've been away for the holiday, decided to give my new green card a try and went over to Canada, and boy, I could not believe how easy it was to pass the border back and forth. I do feel now like I'm FINALLY being treated like an American :) I hope you all get to experience this real soon.

Best wished to everyone of you.

Hi R2010,

I don't remember any members of the forum
has posted any experience with Newark Field Office.
It is a busy field office. IO who do the interviews are
usually professional people regardless of the office.
You got a good number and plenty of time. You shouldn't
worry, just be prepared.

You can check the following ling for interview
experiences of some people at Newark, NJ.

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cty=Newark NJ&cnty=

Hello forum 2010 friends,
As I am reading what you guys have been through already, I notice that, for some of you it was a smooth ride for the GC and for other it is or it was a nerve- wreaking experience!!! ( especially for those with high numbers). I am really hoping that everyone will have a HAPPY ending! My number will be probably current btw January or April 2011 so I will have more time for the process. However, I notice that I am yet to see a member with Newark-NJ experience (I was checking Capeolive excellent work with all the time frames!) Does anyone knows about how is Newark-NJ USCIS?

If you have a wife already in US, and you are a principal 2011 DV winner are you also required to fill DSP 122 + DS 230 (for principal and spouse ) or just DSP 122 + bar code. I read somewhere and with my understanding -the DS 230 is for winners who are expecting to do CP or they are outside the United States and will do their DV process outside US. Following the instructions under dvselectee it does not say anything about DV winners with their spouse/wife who are already in US and were married before playing lottery to fill the DS 230, it ends with principal applicant filling and sending DSP 122 + bar code to Kentucky. Ok Chooti, I see you send only DSP 122 and later paid $750, is this because your spouse is in US or?

zuno,
you're in los angeles too!
first person i've come across in this forum who's aos'g in l.a. office.
let's share our experiences so that we can both keep tabs on what's going on at out field office.

If you have a wife already in US, and you are a principal 2011 DV winner are you also required to fill DSP 122 + DS 230 (for principal and spouse ) or just DSP 122 + bar code. I read somewhere and with my understanding -the DS 230 is for winners who are expecting to do CP or they are outside the United States and will do their DV process outside US. Following the instructions under dvselectee it does not say anything about DV winners with their spouse/wife who are already in US and were married before playing lottery to fill the DS 230, it ends with principal applicant filling and sending DSP 122 + bar code to Kentucky. Ok Chooti, I see you send only DSP 122 and later paid $750, is this because your spouse is in US or?

Yes, both i and my husband are in US. If both of you are in US and doing AOS, DSP-122+ barcode would be sufficient. As you said DSP-122 is filled by the primary applicant. Some applicants have sent DS-230 as well. Both the ways no harm. Anyway we sent only DSP-122+barcode. If you are doing AOS while other family members do CP, then you will also have to send the DS-230.