• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Also I had 2 more questions, One was on payments you did to the State dept- DV, did you write both names under one check, or different checks but under one principal. The second question was during AOS do you also file 2 different 1-485 for adjustment of status or.

As Capeolive said, you have to send two separate files along with I-485 and two separate checks with AOS processing fees ($1010*2). Please check for the latest forms and latest fees from USCIS website when you send the AOS package. When it comes to DOS fees, you can write one check for both and send it along with the form you received with 1st NL. In the form you have to indicate the number of people. It's better to send DOS fees in a cashier's check or a money order. We didn't write our names but the case number. After July 13th the new DOS fee is $440 per person. You can confirm the amount by calling KCC.

Hi Guys,

Tomorrow is big day for us. My heart is thumping hard and worried about uncertainty. We were missed out by only few hundreds for August. Just wanted to throw in question about Asia being current or even moving few hundred this fiscal year??

We just received an email from KCC today confirming that our request for changing from AOS to CP is in their file. Thanks to Capeolive, i2009,NuvF, Nokira,Chooti, Sumeet and everyone.

Please pray for us.

Your number should become current. Most probably the visa bulletin will be out tomorrow. Wish you all the best!!!

Hi sagarghimire,

No, I am not from Nepal.

As I said sometimes they insist on the high school diploma.
So, it will be wise to add a copy of it with your AOS package.
If you cannot get it on time then you can take it to the interview.

If you add your signature, and location from the top of the page
from settings we might be more helpful.

Are you a 2010 or 2011 winner, what is your number, location etc?

Unless there is a very private matter I'd like to correspond on the
public side of the thread so that it might be helpful for the future
applicants...

Hello, I want to go for AOS so at what point are you saying that I need to convince them. I am just worried if my AOS package would get rejected due to missing certificate or so.
You mean I can convince them during Interview? Please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi new one,

No, improvement on my family's case as of today.
I still could not locate the file, has not arrived there
yet. I will try the conventional methods for about 10
more days then start the unconventional methods...

Thank you for your concern and good wishes though...

Hi capeolive,

sorry to hear that!
But all prayers are with you.
Stay positive!
Hope to hear good news soon!
I am sure soon you'll get a "battle".

Hey, CONGRATS!!! way to go!!! Hope you get to see your Green Card soon!!!

Hi Izzy120,

thank you!!! I hope I will have it in my hand soon.
Even I got my passport stamped, a little green piece
of plastic will make me feel like I am on the top of the world:D

Wow, it took me couple of hours to catch up with all the newly filled pages.

First of all, congrats to new one for the welcome letter. For me, that was it...I was happier than getting the actual card.

I've been away for the holiday, decided to give my new green card a try and went over to Canada, and boy, I could not believe how easy it was to pass the border back and forth. I do feel now like I'm FINALLY being treated like an American :) I hope you all get to experience this real soon.

Best wished to everyone of you.

Hi Norkira,
wooooow I believe it was a great feeling being
treated with respect! Hope you both (GC and you)
had fun abroad :D.
Thank you for good wishes!
It's really amazing to get it......

hey guys,
just a brief inquiry, had any one besides chooti who applied for AOS and got current on Aug. got their Biometrics letter yet??

Hi Guys,

Tomorrow is big day for us. My heart is thumping hard and worried about uncertainty. We were missed out by only few hundreds for August. Just wanted to throw in question about Asia being current or even moving few hundred this fiscal year??

We just received an email from KCC today confirming that our request for changing from AOS to CP is in their file. Thanks to Capeolive, i2009,NuvF, Nokira,Chooti, Sumeet and everyone.

Please pray for us.

Hi maila,

cross fingers for you.
I am sure you'll be current this time.
You will have enough time, they usually speed up the
process at the end of the fiscal year.

Good luck, you have my best!!!

Thanks for the posts Capeolive. I know Newark office is always very busy. I guess soon or later I will find out how effective they are regarding lottery AOS.

hi R2010,
I dont think you should be that worried about this thing because you only have 3 digits in your case#, so for sure you gonna be going to be the first ones going for the interview, and you have like a year from the time your number becomes current. for now just relax and do what u got to do for now to keep the process moving.
Thanks for the posts Capeolive. I know Newark office is always very busy. I guess soon or later I will find out how effective they are regarding lottery AOS.

guys from post of chooti and leongsce, i can see that usually the biometris notice is give within a week of NOA. HAVE to see if i will get mine..
Hey summet,
I m following your posts. Everything is right on track for you now. All the best!!!!

thanks a lot nepal2010 for having a regular track over my posts. I am just hoping the things to go smooth and right. And at the same time i am trying to get hold of someone to get my affidavit of support because i dont want to be taking any chances at the end of the fiscal yr. Besides you I talked to some other friends of mine who knew people going for interview in dallas, none of them were asked for the sponsor letter. I am just trying to play safe this time. let me know if u think of anything I should know about.
thanks again.
P.S what happen to your college deal? did they still got you paying the international fees or they did something better for you.
Hey summet,
I m following your posts. Everything is right on track for you now. All the best!!!!

Hey zuno,
I was just wondering if you have heard anything new on your case, coz we both are moving in the same pace so the things should go the same way with both of us. The only thing I am gettting confused over and over is , if i dont get my biometrics appointment, what should I be thinking, should I be thinking that they accepted my previous biometrics or that my process is stocked somewhere.??
any comments guys??
capeolive you have any vision or suggestion on this scenario??? I am just getting worried as the date is approaching.
HI...leongsce
From your signature that the time from received bio NOA to fingerprint took you 3 weeks!!
that ain't looking good for me @@

Hi Summet,

There are two possibilities for you:

A) They won't take the old biometrics into consideration and you will get a new biometrics.
B) They will accept the previous one and you won't get another one.

Unfortunately they don't have any system that the applicant can speed up the things.

You should know that most likely they can not interview you before your number is current.
Even if they do, they cannot approve your case before the number is current.

My advice to you:

Do not do anything, including worrying until August 1, 2010.

If you get a biometrics appointment by then, you can act accordingly.

If you get an interview appointment by then, that will be even better.

Do not expect to get anything for instance next week, if you do expect
to get some news next week and end up not getting anything, you'll just
stress yourself out for nothing.

Practice patience and prayers until August 1st...

Hey zuno,
I was just wondering if you have heard anything new on your case, coz we both are moving in the same pace so the things should go the same way with both of us. The only thing I am gettting confused over and over is , if i dont get my biometrics appointment, what should I be thinking, should I be thinking that they accepted my previous biometrics or that my process is stocked somewhere.??
any comments guys??
capeolive you have any vision or suggestion on this scenario??? I am just getting worried as the date is approaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do feel the same thing capeolive, I do know that I wont be called for interview till the august 1 and do know the procedure, the only thing i was worried about is that how can I know if they have accepted my old biometrics and I dont have to do it again.. I hope they will update my status where I can check my status.or send me something in written or let me know some how that I dont have to go for finger printing. I was just worried about that. other than that, I have had more patience than I have ever had.and thanks for your advice, really do appreciate that.
Hi Summet,

There are two possibilities for you:

A) They won't take the old biometrics into consideration and you will get a new biometrics.
B) They will accept the previous one and you won't get another one.

Unfortunately they don't have any system that the applicant can speed up the things.

You should know that most likely they can not interview you before your number is current.
Even if they do, they cannot approve your case before the number is current.

My advice to you:

Do not do any thing, including worrying until August 1, 2010.

If you get a biometrics appointment by then, you can act accordingly.

If you get an interview appointment by then, that will be even better.

Do not expect to get anything for instance next week, if you do expect
to get some news next week and end up not getting anything, you'll just
stress yourself out for nothing.

Practice patience and prayers until August 1st...

........ the only thing i was worried about is that how can I know if they have accepted my old biometrics and I dont have to do it again.. .........

1. If you get intvw. letter without bios done you will have to wait till the intvw to ask the IO about it. (ah but there's always the mis-INFO PASS if you want try before intvw.)

2. No intvw letter or bios for about 10 days into August, go buzz the mis-INFO PASS for what ever its worth !!

As Cape said, be patient for now..... till at least Aug 1st.

My hunch is you will be alright.

Best !!

Thanks NuvF,
I think I will buy your idea. about the next step, I will wait 2 more week to see if i getm y biometric and if i dont get anything by then or anything from the local office, I will just make an appointment from info-pass, atleast they can tell me if they got my file yet or not.
1. If you get intvw. letter without bios done you will have to wait till the intvw to ask the IO about it. (ah but there's always the mis-INFO PASS if you want try before intvw.)

2. No intvw letter or bios for about 10 days into August, go buzz the mis-INFO PASS for what ever its worth !!

As Cape said, be patient for now..... till at least Aug 1st.

My hunch is you will be alright.

Best !!