• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello guys ,
I just want to let u know that I am still around. I don't have nothing to write since I send that AOS. However I am in this form atlesst three hrs a day getting the updates of the fellow members. I will keep u guys updated over my case.

Hi all,

One question...
Stamp in my passport is dated on June 22, 2010.
Also it's Employment Authorized until June 21, 2011.
My SSN has note:
VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION.
I want to find extra job while I'm waiting for my GC.

So I think I just have to bring my SSN and passport.
And that's it.
I don't have to go anywhere to activate my new status.
???

Thanks

***FINALLY RECEIVED MY GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL***
Thanks to those who helped me through this process!! You guys were very kind and helpful…THANKS A LOT..
I have a question though…I did my case in state of Montana, and I know that I became the U.S. permanent resident, but am I a Montana resident too or should have to live in Montana in order to get the residency???

Yeah, tell me about it!!! It is almost funny when you come to think about it, we had tried every resort to stay here in the US and you know how it is with US immigration these days...chances were getting slim for us here in the US and we had to look for options despite how much we hated the idea of starting all over again in another country, the idea still lurks as we don't know anything for sure, I just hope everything works out fine with DV. I just hope they don't ask us to cancel our CAN PR first before they can issue us a US GC (which won't be a problem IF they WILL issue us the US GC).

Hi Izzy120,

usually is like that.
When you forget about something,
then perfect chance come out.
I think everything will be ok.
Don't worry.
Good luck!

Thanks to those who helped me through this process!! You guys were very kind and helpful…THANKS A LOT..
I have a question though…I did my case in state of Montana, and I know that I became the U.S. permanent resident, but am I a Montana resident too or should have to live in Montana in order to get the residency???

Hi shasha88,
congratulations!!!!
I wish you all the best.
Enjoy your new status.

Hi all,

One question...
My SSN has note:

And that's it.
???

Thanks

Hello new one,

The procedure is that after you get your Green Card you can go to the SSA office (Social Security Administration) and they will remove the restrictions from your SSN. They actually give you a new card with the same number. The I-551 stamp is as good as the actual card so I guess that you can go to the SSA and they will be able to register your new status.

Good luck with your job search!

Congratulations shasha88,

Great to hear that you got your green card. I am not sure if I understand your question but your residency is based on your declared address (where you live, where you get your bills, your tax declaration, your driver license, etc.). If you change your address, then you need to report to the USCIS of the change filing an AR-11 (you can also do it online). I hope this answers your question.

Best of luck with your new status!

what I will say new one is that.. at first i dont think that any one will ask you to show you the social security card, coz when i was in opt they asked me to give them the social security number and the copy of my work permit so I think that it should be the same with u, you can make the copy of your stamped page and give them your social security card, coz all they need to see is if u are authorized to work, and you dont have to go no where to activate your new status in my knowledge. All you have to do after getting your GC is go to your local social security office and get the new social security card with no restriction..hope this helps
Hi all,

One question...
My SSN has note:

And that's it.
???

Thanks

hi SHASHA88,
i CANNOT TELL U ABOUT MONTANA STATE ALONE BUT IN STATE OF TEXAS IF U SHOW THE PROOF OF STAY FOR CERTAIN PERIOD U ARE ALSO CALLED THE RESIDENT OF THAT STATE. IN TEXAS i THINK ITS ABOUT 2 YRS...CHECK YOUR LOCAL'S WEBSITE

guys I as tracking my AOS package and it was received at 9:22 am this morning, hope things goes fine and get back in track...

Hi mechta,

in DSP-122 Form you write where do you want to have interview.
Usually that will be office nearest the place you live.

Hi, New one!!! First of all, HUGE congrats!!!!!!!! Enjoy your GREEN status!!!!! I found out that NYC has 2 USCIS offices. Where did you have your interview?

Hello new one,

The procedure is that after you get your Green Card you can go to the SSA office (Social Security Administration) and they will remove the restrictions from your SSN. They actually give you a new card with the same number. The I-551 stamp is as good as the actual card so I guess that you can go to the SSA and they will be able to register your new status.

Good luck with your job search!

Hi i2009,

thaaaank you.
Than I'll do it next week.

what I will say new one is that.. at first i dont think that any one will ask you to show you the social security card, coz when i was in opt they asked me to give them the social security number and the copy of my work permit so I think that it should be the same with u, you can make the copy of your stamped page and give them your social security card, coz all they need to see is if u are authorized to work, and you dont have to go no where to activate your new status in my knowledge. All you have to do after getting your GC is go to your local social security office and get the new social security card with no restriction..hope this helps

Hi Summet,
thanks!!!
I was just wondering if I am allowed to work
without activate new status or whatever.
When my friends got green cards,
they didn't do anything to activate them.
So that makes me confused.

I just wanted to be sure, that I will not
make a problem if I start to work,
without activate it before.

Hi, New one!!! First of all, HUGE congrats!!!!!!!! Enjoy your GREEN status!!!!! I found out that NYC has 2 USCIS offices. Where did you have your interview?

Hi mechta,

Thank you!
I had my interview in Jacob K. Javits Federal Building.
That was the office nearest the place I live.

Hi mechta,

Thank you!
I had my interview in Jacob K. Javits Federal Building.
That was the office nearest the place I live.

O, familiar place!!! New one, hopefully you will not disappear from this forum. Your help will be appreciated!!!! I am facing the same process, in the same office…:)

Hi new one,

I didn't know that you got your EAD card as well.
You can start working right now. But when you get your green
card just go and change your social security card.

Hi all,

One question...
My SSN has note:

And that's it.
???

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi shasha88,

It has been a while, finally. Congratulations on your new status.
You can live anywhere you want in the US as long as you inform
USCIS of your address change with an AR-11 form. Keep this in
mind if you stay out of the US for more than 1 year you lose your
card. If you stay out of the country for more than 6 months you will
have to proof that your primary residency is here. Don't forget the card
is called "permanent" resident card...