• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi zubi,

It is valid for one year so you should get a new one.
Plus if your number will be current in August, you
can apply now. Actually you could have applied any
time after June 10, 2010. There is not much time left
until the end of this Fiscal Year. Do not waste the "precious"
time you got. Think about applying, now...

i would like to know how long a medical exam can take to expire, coz i did mine last year july, 7 2009 but my case is current this year on august 2010. Do i need to do a new one?

by adding another letter explaining early application and rejection. Do you mean , I write one more letter addressing the IO about my experience with the lawyer who applied it early and got rejected. Or what you want me to include on that.I am going to be sending the Rejection letter anyways, but I am sure that the letter should add more strength on it. Any idea capeolive how to start with in the Letter.And I have more more edited version of the cover page with all your instruction..

Yes, that's what I meant. You should add a "separate" letter
explaining the early application. You should also list it in the
cover letter...

I have got to wrap it up for the night...

by adding another letter explaining early application and rejection. Do you mean , I write one more letter addressing the IO about my experience with the lawyer who applied it early and got rejected. Or what you want me to include on that.I am going to be sending the Rejection letter anyways, but I am sure that the letter should add more strength on it. Any idea capeolive how to start with in the Letter.And I have more more edited version of the cover page with all your instruction..

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: AOS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

NATURE OF SUBMISSION: ORIGINAL SUBMISSION of I-485

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of Status (AOS) for XXXX, SUMMET - Diversity Visa Lottery Winner with Case Number: 2010AS00025XXX

To Whom It May Concern:

I, SUMMET, am applying to adjust status using form I-485 as a winner of Diversity Immigrant Visa DV2010 program. My Diversity Visa Lottery Case Number is 2010AS000*****. I have attached the Notification Letter from Kentucky Consular Center as proof of DV Lottery selection. I entered the U.S. with inspection and have maintained a legal status since then. The USCIS local office have verified that I have met the eligibility requirement to file for adjustment of status.
I applied previously for AOS on January 4, 2010, however my application was rejected due to filing more than 90 days before becoming current. I am sending the copy of rejection letter with the copy of the EAD card and the Travel document that I got during that process.
Please find all enclosures listed below which also includes the applicable fees of $1010 payable to U.S Department of Homeland security and the supporting documents of eligibility.

Enclosures:
A. Personal Check for $1,010 (Payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”)
B. Two Passport style Photographs in an Envelope with names at the back in an envelope
( and the Alien number)
C. Form I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Signed and
Dated)
Supporting Documents: (Evidence of Eligibility)
I. Diversity Visa 2010 Selectee (Case No: DV2010AS000*****)
1. Notification Letter from Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)
2. Letter from KCC acknowledging intent to apply for Adjustment of Status
3. Receipt of Payment for DV Processing Fees to Department of State of $375.00
II. Copy of Birth Certificate and the translation (Evidence for eligibility to enter DV lottery)
III. Copy of all pages of Passport and non immigrant visa issued (Evidence of Current Status in U.S.)
IV. Proof of maintaining valid USCIS status while in U.S.
1. I-94 Card Copies of Front and Back (Evidence of legal entry)
2. Copy of all I-20
3. Official Transcripts from attended university and college in sealed envelope
4. Copy of Current Enrollment as Full-time Student
V. Educational degrees (Evidence of Required Education)
1. School Leaving Certificate (photocopy)
2. High-school degree (photocopy)
3. Associate degree (Photocopy)
Additional Documents
1. Copy of U.S Social Security Card ( front and back)
2. Copy of State ID (Driver’s License)
3. Copy of 2 EAD cards front and back.( 1 for OPT and another received after filing for AOS the first time)
4. copy of Travel document ( received after filing for AOS first time)
5. Copy of the letter send my local office declining the AOS first time.
D. Form G-325A: Biographic Information (Signed and Dated)

E. Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (972) XXX-XXX or email me at XXXX@hotmail.com.
Sincerely yours,

Thanks capeolive, for your great healp, if I got that full form right then i will do ATTN "AOS" and I will come up with something for the letter addressign the IO for the rejection letter, so far I have no idea, so if any one can help me to start it with, I will really appreciate that.
thanks to all the members in the firm again for showing such a great interest.

Hi new one,

It is good to see you around helping folks.
I see you did your homework well, may be
I can just take it easy couple of days.

Thank you for helping. Keep up the good work.

Don't think that I forgot about your interview.
You are on top of my list. I have being praying
for your upcoming interview along with the others...

Hi capeolive,

Thanks for support.
I appreciate it.
Please be around, maybe I'll need last minute help :D.
I hope not. Everything is ready.

newone good luckfor your interview, By the way what are the documents are you planning to take with you for the interview.

newone good luckfor your interview, By the way what are the documents are you planning to take with you for the interview.

Hi Olsson,

thank you for good wishes!!!

Hear is a list of documents I will take with me for the interview:

Passport and I-94
All original documents:
-Receipt of the paid fee 375$ DOS
-Birth certificate and translation
-Letter from the court that no record exist
-Award letter from DOS, KCC
-Second NL
-Copy of Barcode sheet
-High school diploma -with state license
-Certificate as regular student
-Certificate with all passed exams
-Employment letter
-Tax returns
-Bank statements for this year
-DS2019s-proof of status
-I-134 with copy of sponsor's ID
-Bank statement
-Employment letter
-Tax returns transcript

- My medical exam- copy
-SSN
-State ID

Also I made a copy of all those documents to have them.
Better to be over prepared.

I put them in order how they asked in my interview letter.

Dear leongsce and to all,

For early file, we are allowed to submit AOS package to Chicago ahead of 90 days in advance of visa bulletin formally becoming CURRENT, aren't we?

Let's say, if visa bulletion will be definitely becoming CURRENT on September, so can we trigger early file on 1st June OR 1st July?
Some said June (because not include September), others said July (because include September).

I think this thread would be helpful for whom belongs to very high CN.

Please advice.

Thank you so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Izzy120 shoud it be "Attn: FBAS" or "Attn: AOS"

My bad, it should be "AOS" NOT "FBAS." I copy/pasted the address from the instructions, thus the error, I should've been more careful. SORRY!!!

You are definitely doing a great job by doing it yourself, besides, there are so many great people here to guide you with it. I really hope that yours will process soon without any delay! My best wishes for you!

For early file, we are allowed to submit AOS package to Chicago ahead of 90 days in advance of visa bulletin formally becoming CURRENT, aren't we?

Let's say, if visa bulletion will be definitely becoming CURRENT on September, so can we trigger early file on 1st June OR 1st July?
Some said June (because not include September), others said July (because include September).

Please advice.

Thank you so much.

hi crna,
according to a murthy law firm newsletter dv applicants can file 90 days in advance. but the article has been dated so long ago i don't know how valid it will be. this link below is the article...
http://www.murthy.com/arc_news/a_lwadj.html
however, it is a common practice to file when you see your cn becoming current in the advance notification section of the vb. so assuming the vb gets published june 10th, there are about 50 days to august (20 days in june, 30 days july).
for me, i am current in aug ... i have sent in my package.
if one goes by the murthy law firm's article, then you are able to file now. but many in the forum feels otherwise, as some people have got their package rejected because of filing too early. but there are also some who have filed way early (more than 90 days, don't remember who but are from this forum) and they had no problems. i think it all boils down to the io. it's still a risk but the decision is yours. i think at this stage of the fiscal year, time is of the essence.
all the best to you.

I think you havent seen the amount of time it takes to go through all the process if u still wait u might be late, i am sending mine on tuesday...

thnx Izzy120,
i really do appretiate your support, i have my fingers crossed i might come up with some question when i will advance in filling the application. i am positive to be getting all your feed back.

Hi zubi,

Yes, you can send it now and you should.
Read the thread you will see that:

You can send in your application when
you see that your number will be current in
advanced notification of the visa bulletin.
Check the signatures, you would see that
many people applied around 50 days in advance.
My number would be current in April but I sent in
my application in February. If your number is below
the advanced notification of July visa bulletin, get
everything ready and apply. Also from settings
post your signature like other people. Good luck...

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN AUGUST

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 64,300

Except:
Egypt: 26,000
Ethiopia: 25,625
Nigeria: 22,000

ASIA 28,700

EUROPE CURRENT

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 5

OCEANIA CURRENT

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

are you sure that i can send it now? it wont be earlier???

Hi CRNA,

There are two important rules:

1. You CANNOT apply before your fiscal year starts. Applications are accepted between October 1st to September 30th of following year.

2. Within the fiscal year you can apply when you see the number at Advanced Notification, which is between December to September around 50 days in advance.

These are the rules that have been practiced. 90 days is not valid, in practice there is no way to find out what would the numbers be after 90 days...

Please advice.

Thank you so much.

thanks capeolive,
I think that is what I am gonna do, send the copies of all the I-20s that i have left in my drawer. But i am still confused about the thing to write in the tab for the question"if applied for PR before" Like I post on this firm before I am assuming it to be the date I filed for the AOS that is 4th of jan and for the place I thought its gonna be priority mail department in chicago locker. and reason for declination being early filing. Please comment and on my next post I will be having my cover page ready which I made with help from Capeolive and Nepal2010. All the documents that are in the lists are not with me how ever I am planning to get them ready by this tuesday, if not I will have few missing.

Hello Summet,

I understand that you need to use the information in your rejected I-485 Receipt Notice (i.e. Receipt Date and Location).