• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thnx for your reply capeolive and i2009, I think i am gonna write yes on the form and will just mention that on the cover letter as well. to let the OI know that my case was declined the first time how ever I am in dilemma what to write on the tab where it says" If yes, give date and place of filing and the final disposition.
Should I just write yes and say Jan 4, and for place U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
and final disposition:- Declined for early filing.

One more thing guys, since I am on F-1 status, my status is reflected by the valid I20 so do I just the current I20 or I have to send them copies of all the I-20's that I have,I dont have all the I-20's how ever, I only have 1 missing and got all together 5 of the I20's.so what will make more sense sending them all the I-20's or just the current one..

Hi Summet,

It sounds right to me...

Thnx for your reply capeolive and i2009, I think i am gonna write yes on the form and will just mention that on the cover letter as well. to let the OI know that my case was declined the first time how ever I am in dilemma what to write on the tab where it says" If yes, give date and place of filing and the final disposition.
Should I just write yes and say Jan 4, and for place U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
and final disposition:- Declined for early filing.

Hi Summet,

You should send the copies of all of the I-20's you got.

In principle you should send the copies not the originals of most
documents and have the originals with you for the interview...

One more thing guys, since I am on F-1 status, my status is reflected by the valid I20 so do I just the current I20 or I have to send them copies of all the I-20's that I have,I dont have all the I-20's how ever, I only have 1 missing and got all together 5 of the I20's.so what will make more sense sending them all the I-20's or just the current one..

thanks capeolive,
I think that is what I am gonna do, send the copies of all the I-20s that i have left in my drawer. But i am still confused about the thing to write in the tab for the question"if applied for PR before" Like I post on this firm before I am assuming it to be the date I filed for the AOS that is 4th of jan and for the place I thought its gonna be priority mail department in chicago locker. and reason for declination being early filing. Please comment and on my next post I will be having my cover page ready which I made with help from Capeolive and Nepal2010. All the documents that are in the lists are not with me how ever I am planning to get them ready by this tuesday, if not I will have few missing.

thanks capeolive,
I think that is what I am gonna do, send the copies of all the I-20s that i have left in my drawer. But i am still confused about the thing to write in the tab for the question"if applied for PR before" Like I post on this firm before I am assuming it to be the date I filed for the AOS that is 4th of jan and for the place I thought its gonna be priority mail department in chicago locker. and reason for declination being early filing. Please comment and on my next post I will be having my cover page ready which I made with help from Capeolive and Nepal2010. All the documents that are in the lists are not with me how ever I am planning to get them ready by this tuesday, if not I will have few missing.

Monday, June 22, 2010

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: AOS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

NATURE OF SUBMISSION: CONCURRENT ORIGINAL SUBMISSION of I-485 & I-765

Re: Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status (Form I-485) of
SUMMET – a winner of DV-2010, case number 2010AS000*****
and concurrently filing form I-765 (Employment Authorization)

To Whom It May Concern:

I, SUMMET, am applying to adjust status using form I-485 as a winner of Diversity Immigrant Visa DV2010 program. My Diversity Visa Lottery Case Number is 2010AS000***** and based on the July 2010 Visa Bulletin published on June 2010, the number is current for April. I have attached the Notification Letter from Kentucky Consular Center as proof of DV Lottery selection. I entered the U.S. with inspection and have maintained a legal status since then. The USCIS local office have verified that I have met the eligibility requirement to file for adjustment of status.
Along with Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status), I am concurrently applying for Employment authorization using form I-765.e
I did applied for adjustment of status on Janauary 2010, however the application got declined for the reason that my number was not yet current for 90 days from the date I applied. So, I have also attached the copy of the EAD card and the Travel document that I got after filing for the Adjustment of status the first time as well as the letter of declination.
Please find all enclosures listed below which also includes the applicable fees of $1010 payable to U.S Department of Homeland security and the supporting documents of eligibility.

Enclosures:
A. Personal Check for $1,010 ($930 for filing Form I-485 and $80 for biometric services)
Payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”
B. Two Passport style Photographs in an Envelope with names at the back in an envelope
( and the Alien number)
C. Form I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Signed and
Dated)
Supporting Documents: (Evidence of Eligibility)
I. Diversity Visa 2010 Selectee (Case No: DV2010AS000*****)
1. Notification Letter from Kentucky Consular Center (KCC)
2. Letter from KCC acknowledging intent to apply for Adjustment of Status
3. Receipt of Payment for DV Processing Fees to Department of State of $375.00
II. Copy of Birth Certificate and the translation (Evidence for eligibility to enter DV lottery)
III. Copy of all pages of Passport and non immigrant visa issued (Evidence of Current Status in U.S.)
IV. Proof of maintaining valid USCIS status while in U.S.
1. I-94 Card Copies of Front and Back (Evidence of legal entry)
2. Copy of all I-20
3. Official Transcripts from attended university and college in sealed envelope
4. Copy of Current Enrollment as Full-time Student
V. Educational degrees (Evidence of Required Education)
1. School Leaving Certificate (photocopy)
2. High-school degree (photocopy)
3. Associate degree (Photocopy)
Additional Documents
1. Copy of U.S Social Security Card ( front and back)
2. Copy of State ID (Driver’s License)
3. Copy of 2 EAD cards front and back.( 1 for OPT and another received after filing for AOS the first time)
4. copy of Travel document ( received after filing for AOS first time)
5. Copy of the letter send my local office declining the AOS first time.
6. Copy of visa bulletin for JULY 2010.
D. Form G-325A: Biographic Information (Signed and Dated)

E. Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)

F. Form I-765: Application for Employment Authorization (Signed and Dated)
1. I-94 Copy (Front and Back)
2. Copy of Visa
3. Copy of Passport ( all pages)
4. Birth Certificate original and the translation.
5. Copy of State ID (Driver’s License)
6. 2 Passport Photos (Listed at the back of the photo are: Name, Date of Birth, I-94
No., and Diversity Visa Case Number)

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (972) XXX-XXX or email me at sumeet@hotmail.com.
Sincerely yours,

guys this is going to be exact same cover that I am going to be sending the USCIS and I am trying to get these documents that I have mentioned here. I got the whole cover letter applying for I-485 and I-765. But I was wondering if I am only applying for I-485 can i use the same cover taking out the ones on bold red...
please comment..every bit of information is highly appretiated.
and once again thnx you capeolive and Nepal2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Summet,

There is no point applying for I-765.
Just take that out. Post another one
without I-765 so that we can work on it.
Later I'll post more comments...

Monday, June 22, 2010

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

NATURE OF SUBMISSION: CONCURRENT ORIGINAL SUBMISSION of I-485 & I-765

and concurrently filing form I-765 (Employment Authorization)

To Whom It May Concern:

I, SUMMET, am applying to adjust status using form I-485 as a winner of Diversity Immigrant Visa DV2010 program. My Diversity Visa Lottery Case Number is 2010AS000***** and based on the July 2010 Visa Bulletin published on June 2010, the number is current for April. I have attached the Notification Letter from Kentucky Consular Center as proof of DV Lottery selection. I entered the U.S. with inspection and have maintained a legal status since then. The USCIS local office have verified that I have met the eligibility requirement to file for adjustment of status.
Along with Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status), I am concurrently applying for Employment authorization using form I-765.e
I did applied for adjustment of status on Janauary 2010, however the application got declined for the reason that my number was not yet current for 90 days from the date I applied. So, I have also attached the copy of the EAD card and the Travel document that I got after filing for the Adjustment of status the first time as well as the letter of declination.
Please find all enclosures listed below which also includes the applicable fees of $1010 payable to U.S Department of Homeland security and the supporting documents of eligibility.

Enclosures:
A. Personal Check for $1,010 ($930 for filing Form I-485 and $80 for biometric services)
Payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”
B. Two Passport style Photographs in an Envelope with names at the back in an envelope
( and the Alien number)
C. Form I-485: Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Signed and
Dated)
II. Copy of Birth Certificate and the translation (Evidence for eligibility to enter DV lottery)
III. Copy of all pages of Passport and non immigrant visa issued (Evidence of Current Status in U.S.)
2. Copy of all I-20
Additional Documents
3. Copy of 2 EAD cards front and back.( 1 for OPT and another received after filing for AOS the first time)
6. Copy of visa bulletin for JULY 2010.

E. Form I-693 Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Sealed Envelope)

F. Form I-765: Application for Employment Authorization (Signed and Dated)
1. I-94 Copy (Front and Back)
2. Copy of Visa
3. Copy of Passport ( all pages)
4. Birth Certificate original and the translation.
5. Copy of State ID (Driver’s License)
6. 2 Passport Photos (Listed at the back of the photo are: Name, Date of Birth, I-94
No., and Diversity Visa Case Number)

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (972) XXX-XXX or email me at sumeet@hotmail.com.
Sincerely yours,

guys this is going to be exact same cover that I am going to be sending the USCIS and I am trying to get these documents that I have mentioned here. I got the whole cover letter applying for I-485 and I-765. But I was wondering if I am only applying for I-485 can i use the same cover taking out the ones on bold red...
please comment..every bit of information is highly appretiated.
and once again thnx you capeolive and Nepal2010

The address you have is ONLY for courier services,
like FedEx or UPS. Make sure to use one of them.
And you can do it Monday...

Monday, June 22, 2010

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

I didn't understand this part it does NOT match up. Change it.
Read it again and again and re-post it. Also take out your
email address from the post you might get unwanted fans.
Be careful there are a lot of crazy people around.

Just edit it...

and based on the July 2010 Visa Bulletin published on June 2010, the number is current for April.

Hi Summet,

Some more suggestions in bold letters...

Monday, June 22, 2010
Monday, June 21, 2010

and based on the July 2010 Visa Bulletin published on June 2010, the number is current for April.
This is wrong information but I would take out the whole thing.

Along with Form I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status),
Take that out as well.

I did applied for adjustment of status on Janauary 2010, however the application got declined for the reason that my number was not yet current for 90 days from the date I applied.
I applied previously for AOS on January 4(whatever) , 2010, however my application was rejected
due to filing more than 90 days before becoming current. I am adding the rejection letter.

yeah, I am sending it from fedex, so is that fine if I use that addesss or I have to edit that as well with something else...
thanks for ur time and interest capeolive.

I am gonna have my real email address on the cover letter how ever the one I used there is just a imaginary email. I feel sorry for the guy who will really have that email add..

I did some of the editing like you said, will appretiate some more comments....

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chicago, IL 60603-5517

NATURE OF SUBMISSION: ORIGINAL SUBMISSION of I-485

To Whom It May Concern:

I, SUMMET, am applying to adjust status using form I-485 as a winner of Diversity Immigrant Visa DV2010 program. My Diversity Visa Lottery Case Number is 2010AS000***** and based on the July 2010 Visa Bulletin the number is current for August. I have attached the Notification Letter from Kentucky Consular Center as proof of DV Lottery selection. I entered the U.S. with inspection and have maintained a legal status since then. The USCIS local office have verified that I have met the eligibility requirement to file for adjustment of status.
I applied previously for AOS on January 4, 2010, however my application was rejected due to filing more than 90 days before becoming current. I am sending the copy of rejection letter with the copy of the EAD card and the Travel document that I got during that process.

Enclosures:
A. Personal Check for $1,010 (Payable to “U.S. Department of Homeland Security”)
( and the Alien number)
Dated)
2. Copy of all I-20
Additional Documents

Please, take action on the above application at your earliest convenience. Should you have any question or need further information, please contact me at (972) XXX-XXX or email me at XXXX@hotmail.com.
Sincerely yours,

Hi Summet,

Instead of writing:

I would write:

RE: I-485 Application for Adjustment of
Status (AOS) for LASTNAME, Firstname -
Diversity Visa Lottery Winner
with Case Number: 2010AS000*****

Hi Summet,

I personally would NOT include the following sentence.
If there is a "novice" person checks it and sees "August"
it may not be good. You may or may not add it. But I wouldn't.
If you want to ask around, again tomorrow...

and based on the July 2010 Visa Bulletin the number is current for August

I wouldn't include it.

Hi Summit,

I would just add "a letter explaining early application and rejection"

I would also add the copy of "the rejection letter"

Wow, now you have quadruple X hotmail email. Be careful you might get a lot of emails...

i would like to know how long a medical exam can take to expire, coz i did mine last year july, 7 2009 but my case is current this year on august 2010. Do i need to do a new one?

Answers to your questions about fees are on page 8 of I-485 instructions:
$930 for I-485 and $80 for biometrics (total $1010) payable to "U.S. Department of Homeland Security" (you are right)

Information on where to file your 485 is on page 5 of I-485 instructions:

i.e., for DV cases:

USCIS Chicago Lockbox Address:
For US postal service (USPS) deliveries:
USCIS
PO Box: 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For express mail and courier deliveries:
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Please refer to the USCIS site to download the latest instructions on 485.

Thank guys...I've download it yesterday, but I thought AOS pkg is not mail to USCIS from us so i skip that page