• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Sumeet,

I am wondering how they accepted your I-485 for AS259XX so early? I have been reading in this forum that KCC don't accept it well ahead. My CN is AS288XX but waiting till it becomes current to file. It is kind of good news that they accepted your i485 well ahead; wish you luck and to all in this forum.

Hey nepal2010, i2009,capeolive and others please suggest. My field office will be Fresno, CA. Is there anyone in this field office?

I have been thinking of doing CP but my spouse is the DV winner and he she is in F1 status so trying our luck on doing AOS. I am kind of reluctant on doing medical and filing...what's the point of losing that much of money if I don't have chance. With this sky high CN..any suggestion and opinion will count a lot to us.

Appreciate your help.

Hello maila,

Wait a few more days for the Visa Bulletin for July 2010, I expect that the cut-off numbers for Asia should move significantly in August. If you see your number becoming current in August, then it means that it is OK for you to file your AOS petition.

CP has pros and cons the same as AOS does. For example, CP usually is faster but a consular decision is almost impossible to appeal, you can get stuck out of the country until they make a decision in your case (FBI clearance, request for more evidence, etc). So, every case is different.

I hope that the next visa bulletin brings good news for you.

Good luck!

Hello jasmine182 and 2010Forme,

I have a question for you, did the status of your case change since it was set to "Card production ordered" and before you received your Green Cards? The reason I ask is because there is a note in the "Card production ordered" status saying that the status should change after the cards are sent.

Below is the note in the online status page:
"...Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application..."

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, my status was saying card production ordered for a long time, and the only thing I received was welcome letter. But then it suddenly changed to the previous step, that welcome notice has been sent, and after a few days I have received a GC.

I have a question for you, did the status of your case change since it was set to "Card production ordered" and before you received your Green Cards? The reason I ask is because there is a note in the "Card production ordered" status saying that the status should change after the cards are sent.

"...Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application..."

Thanks

Hi i2009,

In most of the cases after CPO you get several LUD's
meanwhile your status stays at Document Production'
When your status moves to Post-Decision Activity it is
when they send the card, depending on where you live
it takes anywhere between 2 to 5 business days to receive
the card.

Where is your status at, did you move to PDA yet?

Thanks

Hello i2009,
mine was on card production for a long time then went back to approvement step and then I recieved the card. just like chivik's. Best of luck, I'm praying for the rest of us.

Thanks

Thanks jasmine182, capeolive and chivik,

My case still is in Card Production Ordered so I guess the cards are not in the mail yet. I'll keep waiting, there is nothing else I can do.

What about you capeolive, any hard lud in your case status?

You are ahead of me, so I am waiting for you to get yours first.

Thanks jasmine182, capeolive and chivik,

My case still is in Card Production Ordered so I guess the cards are not in the mail yet. I'll keep waiting, there is nothing else I can do.

What about you capeolive, any hard lud in your case status?

Hi Guys
Could someone please share experiences on being on F1 visa and unauthorized employment. If you know of another thread too, please let me know. Thanks.

Hi Guys
Could someone please share experiences on being on F1 visa and unauthorized employment. If you know of another thread too, please let me know. Thanks.

Hello WithGod,

Unfortunately, unauthorized employment is a violation to the immigration status, it means that the F1 visa is not valid any longer and that the person is out of status. I strongly suggest that you talk with a couple of immigration attorneys and decide how to proceed.

Good luck

Update on my case

I just got SMSs and emails with the message that my case status has changed to "Post-Decision Activity". I am very happy, I can't wait to get the actual cards, it's been really long for me.

Capeolive, yours is on its way, hang in there!

I just got SMSs and emails with the message that my case status has changed to "Post-Decision Activity". I am very happy, I can't wait to get the actual cards, it's been really long for me.

Congratulations i2009!
It's really time for you to feel hapiness of having green card.
So happy for you.

After a long time i checked my case status on line.
And they changed my status for I-765 Card Production Ordered.
It said they ordered production of my new card on May 28th.
So hope soon I'll have it.

Congratulations i2009. It was about time, your card has been sent.
Now start checking your mail box. I feel like I got a hard LUD myself,
because I have been waiting for you to get your card before having
expectations on mine. Congratulations, again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys

Are all other F1 requirements ok?

Was he getting paid by cash (under the table) or did he give away SS# etc and getting paid by pay slips with taxes taken out? did he file any tax with W2 s got from un authorized work?

If it was cash work, you can get away by not disclosing since no records were sent to govt.
But if latter, still do not disclose BUT no guarantee they will not find out....just sail your luck and see.
I suggest you go CP route if possible......its all (both) your decision....and you need to get over the hole you put yourself in by marrying your 'un-lawful' sweetheart!!

Remember....you may not get successful in your GC but do not let love fail too !!

Good Luck !

Hi new one,

I think before sending your EAD your status will change to Post-Decision Activity.
PDA means they sent the card, there are some exceptions due to the mystery though.
But I believe you will get your green card soon and won't need EAD anyways...

After a long time i checked my case status on line.
And they changed my status for I-765 Card Production Ordered.
It said they ordered production of my new card on May 28th.
So hope soon I'll have it.

Hi Guys

Hi WithGod,
in green card procedure through marriage,
you have to pay something because you worked without permission.
I don't know how that is going on in here.
So it's better to ask some attorney for advice.
Good luck

Hey Guys

Capeolive i2009 new one and Nepal2010 ,thank you for your good wishes............Today is the day and i hope it finish for good,
i will let you know later in the evening or tommorow morning.

Keep my fingers crossed for your sister!!! Good luck!!!

Great news!!!! It means they have already sent your GCs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeh!!!!!!!!!!!!!