• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Guys one step ahead,
i received an email stating CPO for EAD. I wonder if receiving an EAD means name check is clear!!! I wish i dont have to use it nyway!!!

My greatful Thanks to Capeolive, nepal2010, i2009 and everyone in this forum for your valuable informations. I was been busy trying to collect my documents so that i can apply after my number becomes current for this august.
I was having few dicsussion with my lawyer and like nepal2010 said, its worth spending 2000 bucks more in the long run and its once in life opportunity. And maila, i think your case is almost similar to me, so ya the reason i go accepted for the EAD and travel in my opinion was once they process ur application they will send you those documents since they will have already got the payment however, the document will only be valid till your application is valid and here is the tricky part if ur application is denied then all those documents will be called invalid and using those documents is against your status. So dont apply for AOS till you see your number being current. and thats what i am waiting on. The only reason i applied early was because of my lawyer and I am paying for it. I have to pay 1010 again. so dont be looking for few thousand dollar, if u believe that u might get it then go for it.All the best and hopefully your number will also be current by august.

And ya nepal2010, i know last yr the process was fast, my fren's dad had his number about in the range of 30*** and still end up having the interview and got the GC. Hope that My interview will be by september. I will keep you guys updated and I think we both are in the same boat, i am also from nepal and here on F1.

All da best for u summet. The good thing for u is dallas office process dv cases real fast. At least better than some of the other field office mentioned in da forum. So ya keep da documents ready n file as soon u see da number for august. If everything goes fine u should have ur interview by da end of august. Even at da worst, u will get ur interview with in september. Somebody told me every year significant number of dv visas go unused coz of da strict time limit. So USCIS try to process da case real fast at da end of da year.
Lets hope for good man!!!

Hi thomen,

Good to hear from you. I am sorry you had to get
old designed card. But hopefully in 5 years we all
will get our US Passports.

...And yes thank to God no body was denied so far...

Some people were experiencing problems with their cases
and stopped posting though...

This is great news...I am very happy for both of you, i2009 and capeolive...i2009, i admire your patience and always calm and balanced attitude in this process...i would have gone mad if my process would have been 7 month...capeolive, you are this forum! your advise helped plenty of people!!!

By the way, it looks like none was denied the gc through DV AOS, is that true?

Hi Olsson,

It is a good thing you got the biometrics appointment.
Your case started to move. I believe you will have enough
time to get the approval before the end of the fiscal year.
For now best thing you can do is not to worry and pray.

You have my best wishes and prayers in the process, just hang in there...

Dear all,

As I mentioned in my previous posts, after waiting 60 days finally I got my Biometrics Appointment set. But, there are few things that is going in my mind about interview timings as well as where should my case be by the end of september. Like should I have to have GC on my hand by then or at least be through the interview. I 'm from Phoenix, Arizona and I do not know how long will they make me wait for the interview appointment after Biometrics. if there is anyboday who has been tracking all these or has any idea about aforementioned information please let me know. Thank you

Hi Summet,

Good luck, in your process. Make sure everything is in order this time...

My greatful Thanks to Capeolive, nepal2010, i2009 and everyone in this forum for your valuable informations. I was been busy trying to collect my documents so that i can apply after my number becomes current for this august.
I was having few dicsussion with my lawyer and like nepal2010 said, its worth spending 2000 bucks more in the long run and its once in life opportunity. And maila, i think your case is almost similar to me, so ya the reason i go accepted for the EAD and travel in my opinion was once they process ur application they will send you those documents since they will have already got the payment however, the document will only be valid till your application is valid and here is the tricky part if ur application is denied then all those documents will be called invalid and using those documents is against your status. So dont apply for AOS till you see your number being current. and thats what i am waiting on. The only reason i applied early was because of my lawyer and I am paying for it. I have to pay 1010 again. so dont be looking for few thousand dollar, if u believe that u might get it then go for it.All the best and hopefully your number will also be current by august.

And ya nepal2010, i know last yr the process was fast, my fren's dad had his number about in the range of 30*** and still end up having the interview and got the GC. Hope that My interview will be by september. I will keep you guys updated and I think we both are in the same boat, i am also from nepal and here on F1.

Hi new one,

It is great news that they sent your EAD.

I hope to be around when you get your PDA
for your Green Card and congratulate you then...

Hi capeolive,
thanks!
Hope you'll be here after you get your GCs.
You help us a lot.
So hope we'll have your help after you get your cards.
But anyway your card is next, so waiting and praying with you.

hey thanx to all you guys for ur reply,
I again got into the trouble. my lawyer's grandmother died and she is in leave for a month and the other one thats taking care of my case is again sick and she told me that once she recover than she will look after my case which i think is gonna be late since, according to ya all suggestion if i see my number for august on this visa bulletin to be published on 10th of june than i have to apply then to have better chances. I am just confused what to do now. I have started making the documents that i will need like medicals and pp photo. other than that i already had the older documents that i can even use this time..

So two of my friends got their new Green Cards yesterday. Interesting enough, the pictures are in black and white. Also, my girlfriend applied with the married last name, and they still made the green card with her maiden name, even though couple months ago they sent a form for them to verify that all the info to be printed in the Green Card was correct, and her name WAS spelled with the married last name. Who knows... FYI, they got the GC through asylum, but I was curious to see how the new card looked liked....and... it was OK. In the website, it looks much brighter and colorful, in person, it somehow seemed dark and doesn't stand out as much as the old one. I thought that was interesting. What's important is that the new cards are more secure.
Anyways, hope everyone has a nice weekend, and may those who are waiting get a speedy/good response :)

Guys here is the reply of my lawyer for few of my question to her...please do let me know that how many of you guys agree with what she have to say..
So, If I am reapplying for the AOS again what are my next steps going to be.

1.It looks like my number will be current on August so what is the best time to reapply? [U]We need to check aug visa bulletin[/U]
2. Documents to be prepared. [U]Have to be re prepare[/U]d
3. Do I need to pay all the fee again or it can be waived.? Has to be re paid
4. Since, I already got my travel documents and EAD, do I again need to go for biometrics and apply for new EAD again.? A new one will issue
5. Do I need to do the medical again? no
6. Do I need affidavit of support? no
7. just because the case was denied first time, is there anything more I got to do (documents) to reapply? no

the underlined were the answers for my questions.. so please let me know how many of you guys buy that idea. I have got everything ready again and I will be going to the lawyer coming week to submit the forms so that we can reapply

Hi new one,

I am planning to stick around,
I hope you do the same...

Hi capeolive,
thanks!
Hope you'll be here after you get your GCs.
You help us a lot.
So hope we'll have your help after you get your cards.
But anyway your card is next, so waiting and praying with you.

Hi Norkira,

So, you say old cards are better than the new ones.
We might have to disagree on this one...

Just kidding, it's good to see you are still around...

So two of my friends got their new Green Cards yesterday. Interesting enough, the pictures are in black and white. Also, my girlfriend applied with the married last name, and they still made the green card with her maiden name, even though couple months ago they sent a form for them to verify that all the info to be printed in the Green Card was correct, and her name WAS spelled with the married last name. Who knows... FYI, they got the GC through asylum, but I was curious to see how the new card looked liked....and... it was OK. In the website, it looks much brighter and colorful, in person, it somehow seemed dark and doesn't stand out as much as the old one. I thought that was interesting. What's important is that the new cards are more secure.
Anyways, hope everyone has a nice weekend, and may those who are waiting get a speedy/good response :)

Hi Summet,

I agree with her mostly, except for the affidavit of support.
At the interview they might ask you about your annual income
and if you don't make enough money they should ask for an I-134.

You don't have to send I-134 with the DV Package, you can get it later.
Sometimes they don't ask for it at all but they have a right to ask for one.

Make sure double, triple check everything and do not make any mistakes.
Good luck with your application...

Guys here is the reply of my lawyer for few of my question to her...please do let me know that how many of you guys agree with what she have to say..
So, If I am reapplying for the AOS again what are my next steps going to be.

1.It looks like my number will be current on August so what is the best time to reapply? [U]We need to check aug visa bulletin[/U]
2. Documents to be prepared. [U]Have to be re prepare[/U]d
3. Do I need to pay all the fee again or it can be waived.? Has to be re paid
4. Since, I already got my travel documents and EAD, do I again need to go for biometrics and apply for new EAD again.? A new one will issue
5. Do I need to do the medical again? no
6. Do I need affidavit of support? no
7. just because the case was denied first time, is there anything more I got to do (documents) to reapply? no

the underlined were the answers for my questions.. so please let me know how many of you guys buy that idea. I have got everything ready again and I will be going to the lawyer coming week to submit the forms so that we can reapply

hey thanx to all you guys for ur reply,
I again got into the trouble. my lawyer's grandmother died and she is in leave for a month and the other one thats taking care of my case is again sick and she told me that once she recover than she will look after my case which i think is gonna be late since, according to ya all suggestion if i see my number for august on this visa bulletin to be published on 10th of june than i have to apply then to have better chances. I am just confused what to do now. I have started making the documents that i will need like medicals and pp photo. other than that i already had the older documents that i can even use this time..

Hi Summet,
I think it's time that you get things in your hands.
If you are not sure how to to do that.
Start to read from the first page.
Get all documents again.
Check everything three times.
Ask if you don't know something.
Sent them when you become current.
You don't have time to wait for them.
Good luck............we are here if you need us....