• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi R2010,

There are 2 more things you should do when filing under section 245 (i):

"* Supplement A to form I-485 - Adjustment of Status under Section 245 (i).
* Personal check of $1,000 for Supplement A to form I-485 - USCIS Penalty Fee when filing under
Section 245 (i)."

Hi R2010,

For AOS you don't need police clearance unless
you were arrested it is only required for CP.

To do AOS under section 245 (i) you need the following:

[I"]6. Evidence of Eligibility to file under section 245(i) - Application for a Labor Certification filed on or
before April 30, 2001.
7. Evidence of Physical Presence in the US Before December 21, 20OO - As required under Section
245(i) - 5 pages."
[/I]

Evidence doesn't have to be 5 pages, on those 5 pages I had 5
different proofs like driver's license, lease, some accounts etc.
[/QUOTE]

After a long time i checked my case status on line.
And they changed my status for I-765 Card Production Ordered.
It said they ordered production of my new card on May 28th.
So hope soon I'll have it.

Glad to hear that you're getting your EAD soon.

Best of luck!

yay! it's definitely on its way!
I just got SMSs and emails with the message that my case status has changed to "Post-Decision Activity". I am very happy, I can't wait to get the actual cards, it's been really long for me.

Capeolive, yours is on its way, hang in there!

Hi Capeolive!

Thanks again for the advise!

I look forward to see you getting your GC soon!! :)

Hi R2010,

There are 2 more things you should do when filing under section 245 (i):

"* Supplement A to form I-485 - Adjustment of Status under Section 245 (i).
* Personal check of $1,000 for Supplement A to form I-485 - USCIS Penalty Fee when filing under
Section 245 (i)."
[/QUOTE]

Hi new one,

I think before sending your EAD your status will change to Post-Decision Activity.
PDA means they sent the card, there are some exceptions due to the mystery though.
But I believe you will get your green card soon and won't need EAD anyways...

Hi capeilive,
but it's good to know that things are moving.
And believe me I would like to have EAD right now.
I want to find an extra job, and that would be chance to got some better job offer.
So anyway if I get that's great, if not interview is soon:D.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got SMSs and emails with the message that my case status has changed to "Post-Decision Activity". I am very happy, I can't wait to get the actual cards, it's been really long for me.

That's great. It means they've mailed your cards. Can't wait for you to get them.

This is great news...I am very happy for both of you, i2009 and capeolive...i2009, i admire your patience and always calm and balanced attitude in this process...i would have gone mad if my process would have been 7 month...capeolive, you are this forum! your advise helped plenty of people!!!

By the way, it looks like none was denied the gc through DV AOS, is that true?

This is it...congrats :)

After a long time i checked my case status on line.
And they changed my status for I-765 Card Production Ordered.
It said they ordered production of my new card on May 28th.
So hope soon I'll have it.

That's most certainly a good new ;) Yayyy

Thank you so much Daima, chivik, thomen, Norkira, and everyone else. I really hope that this new status update means that the GCs have been mailed.

thomen, it's been crazy sometimes, specially at the beginning of the Employment Based case when I found out that I had to wait 5+ years. Maybe I learned how to deal with it.

Dear all,

As I mentioned in my previous posts, after waiting 60 days finally I got my Biometrics Appointment set. But, there are few things that is going in my mind about interview timings as well as where should my case be by the end of september. Like should I have to have GC on my hand by then or at least be through the interview. I 'm from Phoenix, Arizona and I do not know how long will they make me wait for the interview appointment after Biometrics. if there is anyboday who has been tracking all these or has any idea about aforementioned information please let me know. Thank you

Dear all,

As I mentioned in my previous posts, after waiting 60 days finally I got my Biometrics Appointment set. But, there are few things that is going in my mind about interview timings as well as where should my case be by the end of september. Like should I have to have GC on my hand by then or at least be through the interview. I 'm from Phoenix, Arizona and I do not know how long will they make me wait for the interview appointment after Biometrics. if there is anyboday who has been tracking all these or has any idea about aforementioned information please let me know. Thank you

Hello Olsson,

A visa needs to be granted before September 30th. Sometimes the visa is requested by the Immigration Officer during the interview but it is not always the case. I am pretty sure that the Immigration Officer will do it if the Fiscal Year is about to end.

Good luck

Hello Olsson,

A visa needs to be granted before September 30th. Sometimes the visa is requested by the Immigration Officer during the interview but it is not always the case. I am pretty sure that the Immigration Officer will do it if the Fiscal Year is about to end.

Good luck

Thank you for the reply

Wooow.....today my status changed Post-Decision Activity.
They mailed notice on June 3.

Great, I am very happy for you, I know that you were looking forward to getting your EAD card.

June 22 is approaching fast and it looks like you are all set for your interview.

Best of luck!

Hi WithGod,
in green card procedure through marriage,
you have to pay something because you worked without permission.
I don't know how that is going on in here.
So it's better to ask some attorney for advice.
Good luck

Thanks for all the input.

Great, I am very happy for you, I know that you were looking forward to getting your EAD card.

June 22 is approaching fast and it looks like you are all set for your interview.

Best of luck!

Hi i2009,
thank you.
Yes everything is ready and can not wait for 22.