• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Capeolive! Thanks for the reply. I am working on getting my high school transcript ( they don't give diplomas over there) . Once I get it I will send it over to one of these agencys that does transcript evaluation and equivalency. I Think this should be enough... I guess I have the entire summer to work on this. I was looking at your previous postings (since you are pretty knowledgeable) and I notice that in your cover letter with all your docs. you did not had any copies of police clearance from your country( isnt it a requirement?). Since I am here for more than 10 years, does it means that I don't need one? I also notice that you have 5 pages of evidence of physical presence before december 21, 2000. Did you really need that many? Could you give me some examples? Thanks a lot!

It would be better if you get a copy of
your high school diploma. You can get it
one way or another as long as it exists.
You can for instance give a proxy from your
country's embassy to somebody in your
country and he/she can get it for you.
You have plenty of time to get it.[/QUOTE]

hey capeolive,
last time u were asking me that you might need the place i am in now to predict the interview.I am here in dallas tx now so depending on that location what might be the predicted interview of CN AS259**

Hi Sumeet,

I am wondering how they accepted your I-485 for AS259XX so early? I have been reading in this forum that KCC don't accept it well ahead. My CN is AS288XX but waiting till it becomes current to file. It is kind of good news that they accepted your i485 well ahead; wish you luck and to all in this forum.

Hey nepal2010, i2009,capeolive and others please suggest. My field office will be Fresno, CA. Is there anyone in this field office?

I have been thinking of doing CP but my spouse is the DV winner and he she is in F1 status so trying our luck on doing AOS. I am kind of reluctant on doing medical and filing...what's the point of losing that much of money if I don't have chance. With this sky high CN..any suggestion and opinion will count a lot to us.

Appreciate your help.

Hey maila,
lets see this months visa bulletin. Its a week more to come or might be lil more. So if the number comes in dis months visa bulletin i.e gets current for the august , u should have a good chance for AOS. Otherwise go for CP. Its a once in a life opportunity man, dont miss it. U will later know those couple of thousand bucks will be the best investment of ur life.

maila,
so keep ur documenta ready once u saw da number gets current for august go head and apply in advance. U can apply 50 days prior to ur priority date. Good luck!!!

Hi nepal2010,

Sometimes they ask for certain things specifically
in the letter, sometimes they ask for general things.
It depends on who prepares it. At the time of the
interview they may or may not ask for additional
things. But they have right to ask.

What you should do is: prepare what you can
and don't worry about the things you cannot get...

Hey newone,
congrats for gettin da sponsor n best of luck for the sponsor. I saw on ur case they are asking for the sponsor letter and employment letter. But in my interview letter they havent asked for nythings like that. They ask me to bring passport, i20, i94 and the first letter of dv. So i m assuming they r not gonna ask for the i134 in da interview. Do nybody knw ny case where they weren't asked for the sponsor letter in their appointment letter but was asked to show in the interview.

Hi R2010,

For AOS you don't need police clearance unless
you were arrested it is only required for CP.

To do AOS under section 245 (i) you need the following:

[I"]6. Evidence of Eligibility to file under section 245(i) - Application for a Labor Certification filed on or
before April 30, 2001.
7. Evidence of Physical Presence in the US Before December 21, 20OO - As required under Section
245(i) - 5 pages."
[/I]

Evidence doesn't have to be 5 pages, on those 5 pages I had 5
different proofs like driver's license, lease, some accounts etc.

Hi Capeolive! Thanks for the reply. I am working on getting my high school transcript ( they don't give diplomas over there) . Once I get it I will send it over to one of these agencys that does transcript evaluation and equivalency. I Think this should be enough... I guess I have the entire summer to work on this. I was looking at your previous postings (since you are pretty knowledgeable) and I notice that in your cover letter with all your docs. you did not had any copies of police clearance from your country( isnt it a requirement?). Since I am here for more than 10 years, does it means that I don't need one? I also notice that you have 5 pages of evidence of physical presence before december 21, 2000. Did you really need that many? Could you give me some examples? Thanks a lot!

It would be better if you get a copy of
your high school diploma. You can get it
one way or another as long as it exists.
You can for instance give a proxy from your
country's embassy to somebody in your
country and he/she can get it for you.
You have plenty of time to get it.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi maila,

You can apply around 50 days before your number
becomes current. For instance if your number will be
current in August you'll know it around June 10 when
July Visa Bulletin is issued. In the case of Summet
due to an uninformed lawyer he filed in January which
was way too early, so his application was rejected...

For the applicants with rather high numbers most of
the time CP is preferred over AOS...

If you add your signature from settings we will
have an idea where you are at and can give you better advise...

Hi Sumeet,

I am wondering how they accepted your I-485 for AS259XX so early? I have been reading in this forum that KCC don't accept it well ahead. My CN is AS288XX but waiting till it becomes current to file. It is kind of good news that they accepted your i485 well ahead; wish you luck and to all in this forum.

Hey nepal2010, i2009,capeolive and others please suggest. My field office will be Fresno, CA. Is there anyone in this field office?

I have been thinking of doing CP but my spouse is the DV winner and he she is in F1 status so trying our luck on doing AOS. I am kind of reluctant on doing medical and filing...what's the point of losing that much of money if I don't have chance. With this sky high CN..any suggestion and opinion will count a lot to us.

Appreciate your help.

Last edited by a moderator:
They just sent me a standard interview letter nothing special.
Some of the most important things they check at the interview are:
An unexpired passport, birth certificate, and whether you have been
maintaining your legal status in US. These things are checked for sure,
the rest depends on the immigration officer...

Thx for the info capeolive,
what r the things they asked u to bring on ur interview???

Hi nepal2010,
thank you.
I'm not sure about I-134 on the interview.
But if you can not find sponsor, try to find some job offer and you'll be fine.

Here is what they sent me.
Maybe can help you or can help to someone else.
They sent me probably standard letter:

1. receipt of the paid required fee of $ 375,00 ,to the DOS
2. ORIGINAL certified copy of your birth and marriage certificate(s)
3. If you have ever been arrested, provide the related Police Report and the ORIGINAL or certified Final -
Court Disposition for each arrest, even if the charges have been-dismissed or expunged. If no court
record is available, provide an original letter from the court with jurisdiction indicating this.
4. ORIGINAL award letter from the Department of State, Kentucky Consular Center'
5. proof that you have a high school diploma equivalent to a l2th year education in the United States.
-o a qualifying job that you have performed, two of the last five years, that requires at least two years
of training or experience to perform (online.onetcenter.oig will help you determine if your job
qualifies. Your job must be a SVP 7 or higher.
6. An original letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and
Federal Income Tax reruns or Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary
and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US, an original letter of
employment on company letter head Federal Income Tax returns for the current year.
7. proof of legal status in the United States.

That's everything I submitted.
But 5 and 6 they put this or that.
I wanna be prepare and don't let them chance to ask for more evidence.

They just sent me a standard interview letter nothing special.
Some of the most important things they check at the interview are:
An unexpired passport, birth certificate, and whether you have been
maintaining your legal status in US. These things are checked for sure,
the rest depends on the immigration officer...

Wow than mine is not just a standard letter :D.......

Hi Everyone,

Visited the site after a lapse of 2 to 3 days and I can see alot of people on this forum have moved one more step towards their final goal. Congratulations !!! Hoping each and everyone reaches their goal before the end of the DV 2010 period. All the best to all the DV2011 winners.

Thankyou nepal2010, newone, capeolive, Norkira, Daima, i2009 and all the others that followed my journey and sent good wishes. This forum is real good. To those giving guidance hats off to you. You all deserve the best here in the USA.

Once again a BIG THANK you to everyone and a BIG GOD BLESS to all those nearing your goal !!!!!

Hey Guys

Capeolive i2009 new one and Nepal2010 ,thank you for your good wishes............Today is the day and i hope it finish for good,
i will let you know later in the evening or tommorow morning.