• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

So you are one of the exceptions using his/her real name on the forum.

Capeolive...thanks for the reply...I was just giving an example, not really using my real name...

Well, at first, I had thought of sending all documents (including the document that proves both people with different names and DOB are same along with the translation)...I was just wondering if they would accept the translation done in my native country...or I have to get a translation the way they (USCIS) want.

I was also thinking, maybe, why go through the hassle and just send them my University credentials...but then I guess to assume that they will figure it out would be a mistake I don't want to be making.

Hi R2010,

Congratulations on winning the lotto, it is God sent.
I am a winner of DV 2010 and I was grandfathered
under section 245i as well. I had had a pending
Employment Based application, pending way too
long. Because of 245i I did not have an option to
leave US and do CP and I decided to do AOS, I was
interviewed and got my CPO and expecting my card
any time now.

You number is pretty good which will be current
most likely around January. This will give you plenty
of time. I would do AOS through DV if I were you.
Good luck to you in your process...

Hi there, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! to all u 2011 DV lottery winners. Winners for 2010 best wishes. My case is a little complexed. I would appreciate any leads or advice.
I'm a 2011 DV winner SA000008xx. I've been reading the threads but i did not see anyone with the same situation as me. I am currently waiting for my GC through family (3P) for years now. Since I was grandfather by the 245i my lawyer told me I could apply for AOS with the DV2011. Just received labor approval I-140 filed through my current employer. Will this be a, +??. Anyone has any similar experience to share?? thanks!

I wouldn't worry about it so much.
Translations done here the way they
want might be less complicated.
Do not send too many documents
and complicate your case...

So you are even smart with the examples you give.
That's good because US needs smart people...

Capeolive...thanks for the reply...I was just giving an example, not really using my real name...

Well, at first, I had thought of sending all documents (including the document that proves both people with different names and DOB are same along with the translation)...I was just wondering if they would accept the translation done in my native country...or I have to get a translation the way they (USCIS) want.

I was also thinking, maybe, why go through the hassle and just send them my University credentials...but then I guess to assume that they will figure it out would be a mistake I don't want to be making.

Dear Capeolive,
Thanks so much for sharing you own experiencie. Your case is very similar to mine, I feel relief now knowing that the results can be positive with the 245i. Under what categorie did you apply for AOS (high school or work?) I am having problems retrieving my high school transcript from my country and my work experiencie is zone 3. Do you think my ged would help me somehow. You seem to know a lot about the matter. Pehaps you should becoem an immigration lawyer :)

Congratulations to jasmine182 and 2010Forme!

Sorry guys, I have been off for a while. It's great to get back to the forum and read that 2010Forme and Jasmine281 got their brand new Green Cards. Congratulations, I am very happy for you and I hope that the cards bring happiness to all of you.

All the best for you and for all that still are waiting!

Hi new one,

The instructions of form I-134 does not make
any differentiation between 2 year and 10 year
card holders. So I would say the person can be
a sponsor as long as he/she meets other requirements...

Hi capeolive,
thanks a lot!!!

Hi R2010,

It would be better if you get a copy of
your high school diploma. You can get it
one way or another as long as it exists.
You can for instance give a proxy from your
country's embassy to somebody in your
country and he/she can get it for you.
You have plenty of time to get it.

Dear Capeolive,
Thanks so much for sharing you own experiencie. Your case is very similar to mine, I feel relief now knowing that the results can be positive with the 245i. Under what categorie did you apply for AOS (high school or work?) I am having problems retrieving my high school transcript from my country and my work experiencie is zone 3. Do you think my ged would help me somehow. You seem to know a lot about the matter. Pehaps you should becoem an immigration lawyer :)

Last edited by a moderator:
hey capeolive,
last time u were asking me that you might need the place i am in now to predict the interview.I am here in dallas tx now so depending on that location what might be the predicted interview of CN AS259**

Hey summet,
m in dallas as well. Dallas office is doing good in processing dv cases and they know exactly how it works. U can get interview in about 2 to 3 mnth. In my case i got my int letter at exactly 2 mnth of da date i applied n another member of this forum who already got his card had the simillar experience. Looking at ur case number u can also consider about doing CP. But if luckily it gets current for august, that means u can apply on june 15 so may be u have ur interview by 1st or 2nd week of september. But from the last year posts, the field office process the dv case at faster pace at the end of the fiscal year.
Lets see through the end of this fiscal year n may be we can have a near guess!!

Hi nagatybasha,

As I said I would do CP in Cairo if I were you.
Your coming here with a B1/B2 visa and doing
AOS might complicate the things...

But if you have special circumstances you should
make your decision accordingly...

Frankly I am confused why you are seeking UNNECESSARY trouble and confusion trying to do AoS in US with added complication of entry with B visa.
Even if you do that, you should go with good lawyer advice, in my opinion you should NOT go that route but go for CP instead.
(are you worried your case will have complications at CP? and if anything goes wrong you will NEVER be able to enter US?. If that is the case you need to weigh in all the pros and cons, a good cost benefit analysis, more importantly 'proper' legal advice !!)

Good Luck !
NuvF
it is not UNNECESSARY,the thing is i have obligation not to leave Egypt during the last year of my academic study,it is the Law here, which means that if i go for CP, I will not be able to travel during the 6 months afterwards, i though of AOS because i will be able to leave during Nov or Dec , which will work well for me
the only way to get CP for me is to skip the whole academic year, means to throw away the effort of 13 months of hard study
SO,MY OPTIONS HERE:
1- go for AOS from B visa, If it's not too complicated
2- Skip the academic year, which will be a total loss, and go for CP in Cairo
3- ..... i don'y know, any ideas ???
thanks to all of you for your great help

Dear all,
Finally I got my Biometric Apoointment letter. Thank you Capeolive and i2010 for your valuable suggestions.

Dear all,
Finally I got my Biometric Apoointment letter. Thank you Capeolive and i2010 for your valuable suggestions.

Congratulations Olsson, I hope that the rest of the process is smooth and quick for you.

Good luck!

Guys I have couple questions.

If someone had same situation it's more than welcome to share with me.
I already submitted my I-134, with my AOS application.
But my sponsor doesn't have enough income.
So I found the other one.
Does anyone know is that gonna be a problem, because I already sent them I-134 that my first sponsor signed?
And also my new sponsor pays taxes for 2009 in installments. So is that a problem?
I was thinking also to call USCIS or make an infopass and ask them about that....or that's not good idea?

Thanks in advance, I will appreciate any suggestion.

Hello new one,

What I would do is trying to find another sponsor and bring the new I-134 to the interview. But don't show it unless the Officer asks for it. Your interview letter does not ask for a new I-134 right?

You'll be fine!

I would say 3 weeks, not 30 days. The letter should say so. I just called USCIS yesterday, it has been more than 3 weeks since the date on my welcome letter and requested explanation from USCIS.

Well, my welcome notice says that I should receive the Green Card in 30 days as opposed to 3 weeks.

Good news guys,
i got my interview letter!! its on plain white paper no worries.It asks me to bring current i20, state id, passport, i94 card!!It doesnt mention nything about affidavit of support. I dont knw if they ask for it at da time of interview. So the interview is on june 9, ten daz to go!!!! OMG!!! so ezcited n lil scare. Thx guys!! Pray for me !!!

Congratulations nepal2010, that's great news!

I wouldn't worry about it so much.
Translations done here the way they
want might be less complicated.
Do not send too many documents
and complicate your case...

So you are even smart with the examples you give.
That's good because US needs smart people...

So, you think it might be better to get a new translation here in the US (with the way USCIS wants) instead of sending the one I have? Also, what USCIS says is so confusing, it almost seems like any person who is fluent in my native language (eg. me) can do it...but its not really clear (wish life was that easy, sigh).

Hi friends,

Update on my case!

I received the "Welcome Letter" today.

I have been here for such a long time.
So in a way this was a rather delayed welcome.
But I don't have any hard feelings for my host.
At the end she welcomed me. I am grateful to her...

I thank each and everyone of you who supported me in this process...

I thank God the Creator of Heavens and Earth who brought me so far...

Congratulations capeolive, I am very happy for you. I hope that you get your card pretty soon.

Best of luck!