• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congrts 2010frome and Jasmine182 ,for recived your green card
Nepal i wish you all my best for your interview on June 9, do the best you can and God be with you

"""""Anyways, I hope the cards you received help you out in your lives as a family.
Do not forget your culture, tradition, pass it on to your kids. Raise them as good human beings.
It is a though job in this society. You and your family have my best wishes and prayers...

Hey Capeolive

I love what you saying and it is really good advice for any body ............i am happy for you ...........i hope you will see you green card with 2 to 3 day......i hope soon you will join your family.

Dear guys,
I got my brand new green card. so fancy. hoping that everybody in this process gets that soon. I'm thankful to God. i also would like to send you a Texas size big THANK YOU. especially to capeolive, Norkira, middle.com, new one, cool dude, i2009, and everbody else for their support and information. May God be with you.

Awesome, congratulations, I am so so happy for you. May it ease your life in every imaginable way, as you work your way to the top, and may God be with you, too.

Dear guys,
I got my brand new green card. so fancy. hoping that everybody in this process gets that soon. I'm thankful to God. i also would like to send you a Texas size big THANK YOU. especially to capeolive, Norkira, middle.com, new one, cool dude, i2009, and everbody else for their support and information. May God be with you.

Congratulations jasmine182,
That's great!
Hope it will bring you amazing life and great new opportunities.
Good luck and enjoy!

Capeolive,
I appreciate your reply, I want you to get the full picture so you can help me with your experience:
Iam currently not in states, the plan is to travel to the states around December, which is the most suitable month to file AOS for me, I guess my number will be current in Feb, so I will be in the States just 2 months before the interview, do you think it is still a prroblem to file AOS while on a tourist Visa ?
thanks

the customer service guy said that i don't need to call KCC anymore, all the questions regarding my case will be handled by USCIS customer service from now on

This is confusing !
In the DSP 122, did you put a US address in #3 and wrote BCIS in #4?
Then only a case is transferred to from KCC to USCIS, that too is done if and only if your CN # is current in VB and you have paid $375 (this is the normal route for those who are doing AoS in US)

Frankly I am confused why you are seeking UNNECESSARY trouble and confusion trying to do AoS in US with added complication of entry with B visa.
Even if you do that, you should go with good lawyer advice, in my opinion you should NOT go that route but go for CP instead.
(are you worried your case will have complications at CP? and if anything goes wrong you will NEVER be able to enter US?. If that is the case you need to weigh in all the pros and cons, a good cost benefit analysis, more importantly 'proper' legal advice !!)

Good Luck !

Hi Seniors,

First off, let me congratulate those who received their new "green cards," my best regards for a happy life ahead for you and for those who are still waiting!!!

Now, I have a situation/question that I would like y'all to reflect your thoughts/advice on. I will be doing AOS.

My first name (eg. Ijjy vs. Izzy) and DOB (by 1 yr 2 months) is different in my high school transcript (its a long story). I have my correct first name and DOB in everything else, including my passport, SS card, ID, University degrees, and so on. I tried to get my high school correct it back then but in vain. So, I went to my local government office (who is responsible for issuing citizenship certificate, birth certificate, etc.) and had them certify (in my native language) that both person with two different first names and different DOBs were one and same person (i.e., Ijjy and Izzy with different DOBs were one and same person). I took that document to another local government office (strictly responsible for translation of documents to English) and had it translated to English. This was done in 2003 in my native country.

Now, here's the dilemma, if I submit my high school transcripts/diploma, it may look like someone's else degree/diploma. I could/and would send it with the certifying documents I mentioned above, but will they accept it (the certifying document) or they need me to send the translations per their books...

Or, could I just send in my University degrees/diplomas and not send my high school degree/diploma...will I still be OK? Has anyone done this (not sent in their high school credentials) and been OK/approved?

What do you think?

Highly appreciate your precious advice.

Izzy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, nagatybasha!!!
Could you please tell me, how do you know that your case was transferred to USCIS?
"May 25 2010 - called KCC to check - forms received by KCC - case transferred to USCIS "

Guys,
if someone is permanent resident.
But got green card for two years (through marriage).
Can be sponsor??? Or has to have GC for ten years?

Thanks

Hi, nagatybasha!!!
Could you please tell me, how do you know that your case was transferred to USCIS?
"May 25 2010 - called KCC to check - forms received by KCC - case transferred to USCIS "

I blv there is/was no transfer (not yet at least)....he/she is just confused with the KCC tel rep's comments.

I blv there is/was no transfer (not yet at least)....he/she is just confused with the KCC tel rep's comments.

Hello, NuvF!!! I think the same. And my next qoestion is : Who does usially transfer cases to USCIS? KCC or DOS? And how we will know about the transfer??? Thank you!!!!

Hello, NuvF!!! I think the same. And my next qoestion is : Who does usially transfer cases to USCIS? KCC or DOS? And how we will know about the transfer??? Thank you!!!!

KCC (which is part of DoS!) to USCIS field office. It is done only when number current in VB and provided you've paid $375.
After ~1-2 weeks from seeing CN on VB, call KCC, they'll tell you.

Hey guys! I've got my card today! I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here! And I wish good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Hi nagatybasha,

As I said I would do CP in Cairo if I were you.
Your coming here with a B1/B2 visa and doing
AOS might complicate the things...

But if you have special circumstances you should
make your decision accordingly...

Capeolive,
I appreciate your reply, I want you to get the full picture so you can help me with your experience:
Iam currently not in states, the plan is to travel to the states around December, which is the most suitable month to file AOS for me, I guess my number will be current in Feb, so I will be in the States just 2 months before the interview, do you think it is still a prroblem to file AOS while on a tourist Visa ?
thanks

Hi there, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! to all u 2011 DV lottery winners. Winners for 2010 best wishes. My case is a little complexed. I would appreciate any leads or advice.
I'm a 2011 DV winner SA000008xx. I've been reading the threads but i did not see anyone with the same situation as me. I am currently waiting for my GC through family (3P) for years now. Since I was grandfather by the 245i my lawyer told me I could apply for AOS with the DV2011. Just received labor approval I-140 filed through my current employer. Will this be a, +??. Anyone has any similar experience to share?? thanks!

On "Form DSP-122 4." Did you put down
BCIS or US Embassy Cairo? Even if
you did put down BCIS, opted for AOS and paid
$375 you can still call KCC and switch to CP.

Your case cannot be transferred to USCIS at
the point, may be you just called KCC too many times...

I don't know your special circumstances. If you
got anything complicated you may get legal advice...

the customer service guy said that i don't need to call KCC anymore, all the questions regarding my case will be handled by USCIS customer service from now on

Hi Izzy120,

If I were you I would send both high school and university diplomas
together and attach a letter explaining the situation. The more important
documents they check at the interview are your passport and birth certificate...

So you are one of the exceptions using his/her real name on the forum.

Hi Seniors,

First off, let me congratulate those who received their new "green cards," my best regards for a happy life ahead for you and for those who are still waiting!!!

Now, I have a situation/question that I would like y'all to reflect your thoughts/advice on. I will be doing AOS.

My first name (eg. Ijjy vs. Izzy) and DOB (by 1 yr 2 months) is different in my high school transcript (its a long story). I have my correct first name and DOB in everything else, including my passport, SS card, ID, University degrees, and so on. I tried to get my high school correct it back then but in vain. So, I went to my local government office (who is responsible for issuing citizenship certificate, birth certificate, etc.) and had them certify (in my native language) that both person with two different first names and different DOBs were one and same person (i.e., Ijjy and Izzy with different DOBs were one and same person). I took that document to another local government office (strictly responsible for translation of documents to English) and had it translated to English. This was done in 2003 in my native country.

Now, here's the dilemma, if I submit my high school transcripts/diploma, it may look like someone's else degree/diploma. I could/and would send it with the certifying documents I mentioned above, but will they accept it (the certifying document) or they need me to send the translations per their books...

Or, could I just send in my University degrees/diplomas and not send my high school degree/diploma...will I still be OK? Has anyone done this (not sent in their high school credentials) and been OK/approved?

What do you think?

Highly appreciate your precious advice.

Izzy

Hi new one,

The instructions of form I-134 does not make
any differentiation between 2 year and 10 year
card holders. So I would say the person can be
a sponsor as long as he/she meets other requirements...

Guys,
if someone is permanent resident.
But got green card for two years (through marriage).
Can be sponsor??? Or has to have GC for ten years?

Thanks

Hi chivik,

Congratulations on receiving your card.
Enjoy your freedom in a responsible way...

Hey guys! I've got my card today! I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here! And I wish good luck to everyone who is still waiting!