• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hey guys! I've got my card today! I want to say a huge thank you to everyone here! And I wish good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Congratulations chivik, I am very happy for you, your wait finally is over. Enjoy your new status!

Hello fitnes901,

I hope that your sister gets a positive and final decision tomorrow in her master hearing. Let us know how it went.

Best of luck to your sister

Hi Summet,

There have been 3 DV applicants in the forum.
Two of them had their interviews in about 60 days.
The third one had his in about 85 days. So, the average
for Dallas, TX was around 70 days. Plus the approval...

hey capeolive,
last time u were asking me that you might need the place i am in now to predict the interview.I am here in dallas tx now so depending on that location what might be the predicted interview of CN AS259**

nagatybasha,

You should seek legal advice and if still
want to take the risk proceed accordingly...

NuvF
it is not UNNECESSARY,the thing is i have obligation not to leave Egypt during the last year of my academic study,it is the Law here, which means that if i go for CP, I will not be able to travel during the 6 months afterwards, i though of AOS because i will be able to leave during Nov or Dec , which will work well for me
the only way to get CP for me is to skip the whole academic year, means to throw away the effort of 13 months of hard study
SO,MY OPTIONS HERE:
1- go for AOS from B visa, If it's not too complicated
2- Skip the academic year, which will be a total loss, and go for CP in Cairo
3- ..... i don'y know, any ideas ???
thanks to all of you for your great help

Hi Olsson,

It is good to hear your case finally started moving.
I hope the rest of the process becomes smooth for you...

Dear all,
Finally I got my Biometric Apoointment letter. Thank you Capeolive and i2010 for your valuable suggestions.

Hi Izzy120,

I would get new translations just to make it less complicated.
Yes, anybody who is competent can make the translations.
Just notarize them...

So, you think it might be better to get a new translation here in the US (with the way USCIS wants) instead of sending the one I have? Also, what USCIS says is so confusing, it almost seems like any person who is fluent in my native language (eg. me) can do it...but its not really clear (wish life was that easy, sigh).

Hi fitness901,

I hope your sister gets the approval at tomorrow's
master hearing. She got my good wishes and prayers...

My goodness! Capeolive, you have too much information about this process and am glad you are not keeping it all to yourself. That was really quick and thanks a lot.

Whiles am here am just going to go ahead and give you an update. When I originally applied I was single so I sent the first forms for just me and got my second NL. As a said earlier, my status changed and i have alerted KCC. I sent new forms and our marriage certificate. I called KCC and they said they have updated my file. Should I be expecting another 2nd NL?

One last Question, I work on campus but my husband works off campus which according to immigration laws is wrong because we are both on F1. Can you please advice on how to proceed based on that? Should I disclose that when filling for AOS. Will that disqualify us? Thanks.

One last Question, I work on campus but my husband works off campus which according to immigration laws is wrong.......

Well, you say it yourself...it is wrong and illegal, you may have to face the consequences.( is he getting W2 s for that job?, if so it is on record which USCIS/DoS 'may' find if dig deep)
Do not disclose it, its simple as that, try find an on campus job before the intvw.
Are you CP or AoS ? If CP those probs wont count for most part, but still do not disclose.

BTW, are you ready to DEFEND your LATE marriage, which was after even 1st NL??
You may have to prepare well no matter CP or AoS

Good Luck !!

hey does anyone perhaps have an idea about the next visa bulletin numbers to come out I know the july is out but i was wondering about august

Well, you say it yourself...it is wrong and illegal, you may have to face the consequences.( is he getting W2 s for that job?, if so it is on record which USCIS/DoS 'may' find if dig deep)
Do not disclose it, its simple as that, try find an on campus job before the intvw.
Are you CP or AoS ? If CP those probs wont count for most part, but still do not disclose.

BTW, are you ready to DEFEND your LATE marriage, which was after even 1st NL??
You may have to prepare well no matter CP or AoS

Good Luck !!

We are doing AOS...And yes we have enough information to prove the late marriage.

Hello new one,

What I would do is trying to find another sponsor and bring the new I-134 to the interview. But don't show it unless the Officer asks for it. Your interview letter does not ask for a new I-134 right?

You'll be fine!

Hi i2009,
thank you for suggestion.
I found new sponsor, and getting ready all papers that I need.

In my interview letter they said:

6. Furnish an original letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and Federal income Tax returns
OR an Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US,
an original letter of employment on company letter head, W2's and Federal Tax returns for the current year.

So I sent them letter of employment, and also I will bring original.
But also I found a new sponsor in a case that they ask for I-134.

Thank you sooooo much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i2009,
thank you for suggestion.
I found new sponsor, and getting ready all papers that I need.

In my interview letter they said:

6. Furnish an original letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and Federal income Tax returns
OR an Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US,
an original letter of employment on company letter head, W2's and Federal Tax returns for the current year.

So I sent them letter of employment, and also I will bring original.
But also I found a new sponsor in a case that they ask for I-134.

Thank you sooooo much.

I am so glad that you found another sponsor, everything will be alright. Just get ready and go there with a confident attitude.

All the best!

Hi WithGod,

As long as KCC updated your case file it should be OK.
When you send in your documents make sure to add a
letter along with the proof of marriage. I don't think
you'll get another 2NL.

As for working with an F1 visa; it is illegal and might cause
problem later on in the process...

My goodness! Capeolive, you have too much information about this process and am glad you are not keeping it all to yourself. That was really quick and thanks a lot.

Whiles am here am just going to go ahead and give you an update. When I originally applied I was single so I sent the first forms for just me and got my second NL. As a said earlier, my status changed and i have alerted KCC. I sent new forms and our marriage certificate. I called KCC and they said they have updated my file. Should I be expecting another 2nd NL?

One last Question, I work on campus but my husband works off campus which according to immigration laws is wrong because we are both on F1. Can you please advice on how to proceed based on that? Should I disclose that when filling for AOS. Will that disqualify us? Thanks.

Hi steve2010,

Visa Bulletins are issued around 10th of each month
you can find Advanced Notification for August in the
upcoming July Visa Bulletin...

hey does anyone perhaps have an idea about the next visa bulletin numbers to come out I know the july is out but i was wondering about august

Hey newone,
congrats for gettin da sponsor n best of luck for the sponsor. I saw on ur case they are asking for the sponsor letter and employment letter. But in my interview letter they havent asked for nythings like that. They ask me to bring passport, i20, i94 and the first letter of dv. So i m assuming they r not gonna ask for the i134 in da interview. Do nybody knw ny case where they weren't asked for the sponsor letter in their appointment letter but was asked to show in the interview.

addition to the above posts:
has anybody received their appointment letter asking for only those things as i mentioned above.