• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Norkira,

Congratulations on your husband's green card.
I hope I can congratulate you at beginning of the week...

Hi everyone,
My husband got the green card before me....he beat me this time ;). I'm still waiting for mine...hopefully Monday.
I also wanna say congrats to jasmine for the interview letter. Good luck to you and the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,
My husband got the green card before me....he beat me this time ;). I'm still waiting for mine...hopefully Monday.
I also wanna say congrats to jasmine for the interview letter. Good luck to you and the others.

Woooooow Norkira, I just told my sister about your case and I was so curious what will happen :):):) That's sooooo amazing, you are now the most happiest one on this forum, or maybe the most happiest lottery winner:D.
Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you. A couple more days and you'll have your green card too....
All the best !!!

Hi everyone,

This amazing!! green card without interview!!! My congratulations!!!!! Yeh, your green card is on its way!!! Good luck to you and your family!!!

Hi Ivanovaz,
I also got letter to biometrics for I-485 and also for I-765 with two barcodes, because I sent both applications together. So that's normal. Just do it as they said.

Does anyone know what happened with winner ayoussry. He/she is also from NY so I'm curious is there any progress whit his/hers case???

Hi ivanovaz,

If you add your signature we can help you better.
On top of the page go to settings then edit signature
and do it please. Put down your case number ending
with triple X, where you are applying from and
when you did what etc.

Look at the NOA you got for biometrics appointment letter
if you have 2 bar codes at the bottom of page with 2
different application numbers on top it means they did the
biometrics for both I-485 and I-765. If you have just one
bar code it means it was just for I-485...

Please, add your signature.

Thank you to all who answered my question about how you find out if your visa is current.

I need your advice again:

I sent in my I-485 a few months ago and I already had my biometrics appointment. A month ago I sent in my I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) and I just received an invitation to have my biometrics taken AGAIN for the purposes of the I-765. I am going to call and tell them that they already have my biometrics but, before I do that, I wanted to make sure that you are only required to have your biometrics taken once. Please, confirm.

Hi new one,

There are 2 people got their cards in New York that I know of:
1. june620 who got the card in 88 Days after NOA,
2. zapatos who got it in 167 Days after NOA

I don't have info on ayoussry, you can check earlier pages of the forum...

Does anyone know what happened with winner ayoussry. He/she is also from NY so I'm curious is there any progress whit his/hers case???

Congratulations Norkira. This is so cool to have a green card just after 15 days your case became current.
Jasmine, congratulations on receiving the interview letter. Just take your passport, birth, high school, marriage certificates and DV lottery papers and I am sure you will be fine. But you can take whatever you can/have in order to be on the safe side.

Ok, so I thought I'd share my experience.
My number is 2010EU00009***, was current in December. I received my interview letter (Jacksonville office) just at the end of March for April 15. So yea, it took for them exactly 4 months to process my case, as they say on their website. I made a few infopass appointments while waiting on this letter and people each time were nice and stuff, but very unhelpful lol
The interview went the same scenario as for many of you who already had it. The officer was professional and nice, asked me my passport, and asked a few questions from I-485. Then he said they they will try to get me my LPR status, but they need to find out if visa available for me, but (of course) their connection was down. That's it. Waiting again.

I have a question to those who had their interviews in Jax. How long did it take for you guys to receive your welcome letters and greencards? Did online status change for you?

Thanks, and good luck to all of you who are still waiting.

They have enough visa's at this point of time....for the last couple of years not all visa's have been given out.
My friends status changed after her interview to "acceptance" and she got a txt message that her card was produced. If I were you I would call USCIS and try to get some one on the phone who can help you answer some of your questions and ask if you are on administrative processing or if you are approved....in most cases if you are approved they would stamp your passport and keep your I-94 card....in some cases it was different.

Good Luck:)

They have enough visa's at this point of time....for the last couple of years not all visa's have been given out.
My friends status changed after her interview to "acceptance" and she got a txt message that her card was produced. If I were you I would call USCIS and try to get some one on the phone who can help you answer some of your questions and ask if you are on administrative processing or if you are approved....in most cases if you are approved they would stamp your passport and keep your I-94 card....in some cases it was different.

Good Luck:)

Thanks, bentlebee,
I think I'll call them on Monday to find out. It's so funny how now I really don't like weekends, because neither USCIS nor USPS work lol

Hi, capeolive

Thank you for your answer. I added my signature, like you requested.

Seems like I will have to go and have my biometrics taken again for the I-765. If only I had sent the I-485 and I-765 together!

dear guys,
I got my interview letter, thank God. it says I should bring every related document. It doesn't specify explicitly what I should bring. I feel unsafe on the side of Medical Exam ( I sent the original copy to Chicago) and I don't have a sponsor. I can ask for the medical exam copy from doctor, though I'm not sure he is going to provide me a copy. But my main problem is if they ask for a sponsor will they give me extra time for that?

capeolive have you checked 2009 forums? maybe somebody had a similar situation or proposed a better solution.

I'm praying each and every one of us.

Congratulations jasmine182!!! Bring all your originals and I think the copy of the Medical Exam will be fine. If you can find sponsor that would be great, but if not maybe they will not ask for it. Especially if you didn't send them with application, I think they will not ask.
Good luck!!!

Hi ivanovaz,

Where is your USCIS Field Office, in which city?
Also, was there only 1 bar code at the bottom of your NOA for BIO interview?

Thanks for the signature...

To add your Location go settings then Edit Profile then at the Additional Information in Location add your City...

Hi, capeolive

Thank you for your answer. I added my signature, like you requested.

Seems like I will have to go and have my biometrics taken again for the I-765. If only I had sent the I-485 and I-765 together!

Hi new one,

There are 2 people got their cards in New York that I know of:
1. june620 who got the card in 88 Days after NOA,
2. zapatos who got it in 167 Days after NOA

I don't have info on ayoussry, you can check earlier pages of the forum...

I was reading older posts and found ayoussry, he did his biometrics and got EAD and was complaining for not getting interview appointment. And he mentioned that he is from NY also. So I was just curious what is going on with his case.........just that I can compare how things are going on in NYC office.
But anyway thanks!!!

Take a loko at the following for 2 people from New York.
I hope it helps you.

NAME CUT-OFF NOA BIO INT CARD
june620 (New York, NY) October 10/11 (37 Days) 11/15 (31 Days) 12/16 (10 Days) 12/26 (Total 88 Days)
zapatos (New York, NY) November 10/09 (23 Days) 11/02 (133 Days) 3/15 (11 Days) 3/26 (Total 167 Days)

I was reading older posts and found ayoussry, he did his biometrics and got EAD and was complaining for not getting interview appointment. And he mentioned that he is from NY also. So I was just curious what is going on with his case.........just that I can compare how things are going on in NYC office.
But anyway thanks!!!

To clarify:

june620 had the Interview 31 Days after BIO
zapatos had the Interview 133 Days after BIO

But anyway thanks!!!

Thanks capeolive, new one, middle.com and Ahad. It's been a very exciting journey for sure, and I feel lucky, blessed and grateful. If only it'd be as easy for the rest as it was for me. I mean, I did my share o work, too, of course, but at the end it totally paid off quicker than usual.

On a different side of note, I have to say keep up the good work capeolive, you've truly been helping out everyone a lot, and I know God will help you back, too.

Good luck.

Hi Norkira,

I was kind of disappointed when I heard your husband got the card ahead of you.
You should call USPS and complain...

It makes me so happy to hear people are getting their green cards.
Don't be like one of those who disappear after getting their cards.
Stick around...

Thanks capeolive, new one, middle.com and Ahad. It's been a very exciting journey for sure, and I feel lucky, blessed and grateful. If only it'd be as easy for the rest as it was for me. I mean, I did my share o work, too, of course, but at the end it totally paid off quicker than usual.

On a different side of note, I have to say keep up the good work capeolive, you've truly been helping out everyone a lot, and I know God will help you back, too.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
capeolive,

My local USCIS office is in Philadelphia.
Yes, there was just one bar code in the bottom of the NOA for my I-485 and there is another bar code in the bottom of the NOA for my I-765.

Congratulations jasmine182!!! Bring all your originals and I think the copy of the Medical Exam will be fine. If you can find sponsor that would be great, but if not maybe they will not ask for it. Especially if you didn't send them with application, I think they will not ask.
Good luck!!!

Thank you so much new one! I hope they don't ask for that.