• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi ivanovaz,

Your number is going to be current in May.
It is interesting that you sent in your application in around 75 Days ago and they did not return it.
Anyways even if Philadelphia Field Office requests your DV file from KCC they won't send it at this point.
They can send it after May 1st though (if they feel like it)
You should go for bio appointment for I-765 but most likely you will get your green card before the EAD
and you'll never need an EAD ever. Good luck in your process...

capeolive,

My local USCIS office is in Philadelphia.
Yes, there was just one bar code in the bottom of the NOA for my I-485 and there is another bar code in the bottom of the NOA for my I-765.

To clarify:

june620 had the Interview 31 Days after BIO
zapatos had the Interview 133 Days after BIO

Thanks capeolive,
yes it helped, but you see it depends from case to case how long is gonna take or maybe it depends how fast IO works on the case. Who knows.....we'll see.....

Hi new one,

Your number will be current in May. You should wait until May 15
then call KCC to find out if they have transferred your file to USCIS NYC.
For them to send your file, NYC should request it though. Towards the end of
fiscal year they speed up the process...

Thanks capeolive,
yes it helped, but you see it depends from case to case how long is gonna take or maybe it depends how fast IO works on the case. Who knows.....we'll see.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for advice capeolive,
but still we have plenty of time, so I think I'm gonna relax and wait, at least by the end of the May.
But I'm sure I gonna get my interview letter soon after biometrics :D I have some strange filing that everything will go smooth. :D:D:D

i was wondering if there is any cases of AOS denial after getting the number current on time and even got the interview. I mean is nybody's application for AOS(dv based) is denied at the interview?? if dat happen what's next?? Can they reapply again before the deadline?? Do u guys know amy such cases??

Quick question about all you new green card holders, and old ones, why not :)
Do you have your fingerprints in the actual green card? My husbands green card says "fingerprints not available", and so far, all our friends who have the green card say theirs is in the card. Is this something we should be calling them about??? We clearly did give the fingerprints for our biometrics. Please advise.

Thanks so much.

i was wondering if there is any cases of AOS denial after getting the number current on time and even got the interview. I mean is nybody's application for AOS(dv based) is denied at the interview?? if dat happen what's next?? Can they reapply again before the deadline?? Do u guys know amy such cases??

If something really big comes out the person will be arrested on the spot, denied and sent to a special center and there are a lot of people waiting to be deportated at some centers....so you probable never will hear from them since they don't have the luxury of keeping their laptop....

When my friend had her interview 2 other employees came in and the 3 were discussing the deportation of one person who was at the center for a long time...even got married in the center and falsely applied for a marriage status...that person was going to be deportated days after my friends interview and it was weird for her to hear thye conversation....

Hi everyone,
My husband got the green card before me....he beat me this time ;). I'm still waiting for mine...hopefully Monday.
I also wanna say congrats to jasmine for the interview letter. Good luck to you and the others.

Hello Norkira

i was not around to wish you " Congra" to your husband soon yours.................you guys are the luckest person on the thread Got green card with out interview.Have fun and thank God he Got his first this time. NICE and i am happy for you

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question about all you new green card holders, and old ones, why not :)
Do you have your fingerprints in the actual green card? My husbands green card says "fingerprints not available", and so far, all our friends who have the green card say theirs is in the card. Is this something we should be calling them about??? We clearly did give the fingerprints for our biometrics. Please advise.

Thanks so much.

I was not DV winner to get my Green card but mine has my fingerprint in the back..........it is good to call and ask

Hello Norkira

i was not around to wish you " Congrats" to your husband soon yours.................you guys are the luckiest person on the thread Got green card with out interview.Have fun and thank God he God his first this time. NICE and i am happy for you

Thanks fitness901, I sure am VERY thankful to God. I know without his help, this wouldn't have happened. It's almost a miracle, really. Just being picked as a winner tells you how lucky we are, let alone getting the card without an interview.
Good luck to you also :)

Hello nepal2010, I don't personally know of such cases, but if you're denied, I believe you have the right to appeal to reopen the case. If you do so, of course, better be convinced that injustice is being done to you; otherwise, I agree with other responses, if you've been here illegally, or arrested and stuff, chances are you will be denied. I always wondered if people did such things (got arrested, been here illegally), would it be better for them to do CP instead of AOS. It'd be interesting to get other people's opinions on this.

Hi friends,

Latest on my struggle to get my file close by:

* I sent an email to a person in charge at KCC.
* I also sent a mail to this person in charge.
* I also called KCC again today with the hope of getting another person and finally I did.

A lady answered the phone I said to myself "Thank God"
She said "What is your case number?' I said "Thank God" again.
At that point I did not even care what kind of answer I would get to my question.
I was so happy to get a break...
But still I asked my question "Has my file being transferred?"
She said "No, not yet."
I said "Thank you..."

Now I am hoping to get some relief from the person in charge at KCC.

Hello capeolive,

I am glad to hear that you talked with a nice person this time and that you were able to contact a higher hierarchy person.

I hope you get a positive answer pretty soon! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

dear guys,
I got my interview letter, thank God. it says I should bring every related document. It doesn't specify explicitly what I should bring. I feel unsafe on the side of Medical Exam ( I sent the original copy to Chicago) and I don't have a sponsor. I can ask for the medical exam copy from doctor, though I'm not sure he is going to provide me a copy. But my main problem is if they ask for a sponsor will they give me extra time for that?

capeolive have you checked 2009 forums? maybe somebody had a similar situation or proposed a better solution.

I'm praying each and every one of us.

Congratulations jasmine! Your case is moving so well. I am glad for you.

Just bring the originals of all the documents that you attached to your AOS package. Of course, bring the first notification letter and the payment receipt from the KCC, your passport, I-94, the interview appt letter, etc. As for the medical exam, I really don't think that you need a copy but if you have it then bring it. If you can get a sponsor for the I-134 then get it and show it only if the officers asks for it. During your interview only answer the questions asked, don't say anything more than needed.

All the best!

Hi everyone,
My husband got the green card before me....he beat me this time ;). I'm still waiting for mine...hopefully Monday.
I also wanna say congrats to jasmine for the interview letter. Good luck to you and the others.

Wow Norkira, I am so happy for you. You are a double lucky person because you won the Lottery and then your case was out of the ordinary. You'll receive your card today!

All the best on your new status.

Thank you to all who answered my question about how you find out if your visa is current.

I need your advice again:

I sent in my I-485 a few months ago and I already had my biometrics appointment. A month ago I sent in my I-765 (Application for Employment Authorization) and I just received an invitation to have my biometrics taken AGAIN for the purposes of the I-765. I am going to call and tell them that they already have my biometrics but, before I do that, I wanted to make sure that you are only required to have your biometrics taken once. Please, confirm.

Hello ivanovaz,

The biometrics is required for the I-485 and for the I-765. When you file the two applications together you should receive one appointment with two receipt numbers and two bar codes (one for each application). Now, I do understand that the biometrics is good for one year so they should not schedule another one for a case filed later.

Although it clearly is a mistake this second biometrics appointment, I would go and take it anyway because things can get messed up and you don't want that to happen.

Good luck in your process!

Ok, so I thought I'd share my experience.
My number is 2010EU00009***, was current in December. I received my interview letter (Jacksonville office) just at the end of March for April 15. So yea, it took for them exactly 4 months to process my case, as they say on their website. I made a few infopass appointments while waiting on this letter and people each time were nice and stuff, but very unhelpful lol
The interview went the same scenario as for many of you who already had it. The officer was professional and nice, asked me my passport, and asked a few questions from I-485. Then he said they they will try to get me my LPR status, but they need to find out if visa available for me, but (of course) their connection was down. That's it. Waiting again.

I have a question to those who had their interviews in Jax. How long did it take for you guys to receive your welcome letters and greencards? Did online status change for you?

Thanks, and good luck to all of you who are still waiting.

Hi Chivik,

Please check my signature for the timeline. My online status changed on the day of the interview and few days later, kept changing until the GC was sent.

All the best!

Hi everyone,

Woow, Congratulations! Yours is on the way!

Hi nepal2010,

Sometimes people get denied on certain grounds:
Like criminal factors, not being eligible for dv, financial insufficiency,
fraud, entering or residing here illegally etc. As far as I know you
have to get legalized by the deadline. To reapply again depends on
why the person is denied in the first place...