• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thank you Daima
good to have you with us even after you got your GC
By the way what was your status befor GC and cooldoude also

Hi houselight,

No problem, I think I'm one of one of the first people to get the GC in here, so I have to be around for the rest of you because we all supported each other from the beginning. Anyway, I was an F1 on OPT, but my husband was the Primary applicant and he was on H1B

Congrats Houselight, Ewroka and all the rest of ya all guys. I received the welcome letter 2 days ago and I just receicev my green card.

Thanks to God, it is now over. Good luck to all of you that are still in the process.

Yaay! I'm so happy of you, what an ending!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,
I have been disconnected from this forum. I was tired, angry, frustrated and.... I better write my history of the last 3 weeks:

02/25/10: Went the the Appointment. Form the beginning she told us that she doesn't know why our case is on this office because we moved and now we are supposed to be attending to another office. Well, she continues and everything was smooth, everything normal but The officer "needed to verify that we have not been illegally at any moment in this country".. WT..??? Why if I have been under a H1B during 7 years and with a new renewal on the way.!!! Well, this is what she wanted. The I-94 was not sufficient nor the information that she found on the system about me. BTW, is Thursday afternoon, she doesn't work on Friday and Monday the office is closed, and because we moved recently, she will submit the case to the other office. :mad:

We waited one week and went to the new office (Infopass): the file have not been arrived. They told us that they will call or send a notification by mail in less than a week.
We waited again and nothing arrived the next two weeks. We took another Infopass on 03/26, and talked to a super nice Brazilian guy who was shocked when he heard our history and verified the case on the system. He notified the supervisor and we waited until they called us to talk. The supervisor explained to us that it was a gross mistake to put our case to wait because everything is OK and she was passing our folders to her best officer to proceed with our interview immediately. And there we go, talking to a grandma who was like an angel, and in less than 10 minutes they came with the verification of the visa availability and we have our passport stamped and all the information in the system. Finally the supervisor and an another lady came in to ask who was the officer and to tell them all the details about the first interview.

In the afternoon I received the confirmations via email from USCIS, then on Thursday the confirmation of card production and today Saturday we received the welcome letters. I guess next week we have our cards.

Moral of the story : Carry with you every single piece of paper that can be useful to demonstrate all the single points that they need to verify .

Wow! So this is what happened to you! Well, I'm glad you are back and there's a happy ending! Now you can relax!

Hey Guys
update !!

My sister going face IJ tommorow ..........after Boia decision to pursue her case in court..........
she might be grant in court by the IJ or ..........the judge transfer her case to immigration office for interivew
we will know tommorow..............

All the best!

Hi guys..
why do some people get their passport stamped at the interview and some don't?
Is it also normal that on the USCIS website my status changed from Card production to Post decision activity? That's weird tho

The online update change is normal. I think when you are approved it changes to CPO and when it's been mailed it goes to PDA. But it's not that reliable, so just wait for the card in the mail, lol!

Hi Guys! I RECEIVED MY GC TODAY!!!!!. My journey is finally over. I wish good luck to those still in process. You will all get it. I'll always be around to answer questions that some of you might have :D:D

Hi Guys! I RECEIVED MY GC TODAY!!!!!. My journey is finally over. I wish good luck to those still in process. You will all get it. I'll always be around to answer questions that some of you might have :D:D

Congrats...you even received it faster then my friend who got hers in 12 days after her interview.:)

Hi shasha88,

Whatever financial documents you can get will help you,
like bank accounts, job offers etc. There is one important thing
for the interview; do not show anything unless asked for.
Sometimes they don't ask for income papers or affidavit of
support. You have my best wishes for the interview.

Post your interview experience. Also where are you at, which city?

Thanks everybody for your assistance. I am gonna have my interview on Tuesday, March 30. I just have a quick question. I tried to find a sponsor to fill out an affidavit support for me, but I could not find one. But I do work at the university which I make about $9,000 a year, and I also got a letter of affidavit of employee from my manager. Could you guys help me on this one?? Pray for me guys too......

My NL is ..EU000078xx
Here is the information:
5/25/09, received 1st NL May 25th, 2009
6/15/09, Send papers to KCC
8/5/09, Received 2nd letter from KCC.
9/20/09, Send $ 375
10/5/09, Return receipt
10/13/09, Medical done
number current for October
10/13/09, Package send to Chicago (USCIS) for Adjusting Status, incl. $1010.-
10/16/09, Package arrived in Chicago
11/16/09, Fingerprints done
03/04/10, Received Interview Letter
03/30/10, Have an Interview (Praying for it)

Hi fitness901,

Good luck to you guys with your sister's case tomorrow...

Hey Guys
update !!

My sister going face IJ tommorow ..........after Boia decision to pursue her case in court..........
she might be grant in court by the IJ or ..........the judge transfer her case to immigration office for interivew

Hi bianfid,

Congratulations on your card. The journey is finally over for you.
I hope the card you got brings goodness to your life...

Congratulations bianfid. I am happy for you. Enjoy your new card!

scaraballo,

Also one more important thing they check is your income.
You don't have to send your financial information with your
application but if you do then at the interview they ask you
less questions about your financials.

Basically they don't want DV winners to become public charge here.
Some documents that show you have sufficient income are
employment letter, bank account, W-2, 1099, tax returns,
job offers etc. If you don't have sufficient income they might
ask for an affidavit of support. Someone with a sufficient income
can give it (Form I-134).

It is important that you have sufficient information about the process
for yourself. Take your time and make sure that everything is in order
before you send your application...

My financial situation is one of biggest fear. I am a graduate student with F1, with wife and daughter. My income as a graduate assistant is just about $8,000. I receive about $8,000-10,000 wire transfer from my country approximately every 6 months.
Questions:
1. Can these funds be sufficient to satisfy USCIS requirements?
2. Can I use my foreign (my country) bank statements as available funds?
3. It is hard for me to find an I-134 sponsor here since I don't have any relative around or close friend around here. Any suggestions in ways of finding I-134 sponsors?

Hi scaraballo,

1. USCIS' requirements of sufficient income, if they decide to exercise it,
is 125% of Federal Poverty Guidelines which in your case is $22,888
annually.
2. Foreign funds can be accepted but usually they want to see last one year of the account.
3. When somebody sponsors you with an I-134 his obligation continues 5-10 years, so not many people would give one.

You can check the following website for Poverty Guidelines...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_4437.html

My financial situation is one of biggest fear. I am a graduate student with F1, with wife and daughter. My income as a graduate assistant is just about $8,000. I receive about $8,000-10,000 wire transfer from my country approximately every 6 months.
Questions:
3. It is hard for me to find an I-134 sponsor here since I don't have any relative around or close friend around here. Any suggestions in ways of finding I-134 sponsors?

Hi again,

Also any job offer would help. If you get scholarship from university it would help.
I am quoting Ahad's post from a week ago it might be helpful...

"I have prepared a letter from my university that is an income statement letter and a job offer letter at the same time.
To my surprise they included the total amount they are giving me (including tuition) and the number is quite good,
also the amount coming from the job offer for summer and fall is also adding more value to it."

Questions:

Wooow! That was really fast, congratulations and enjoy your new status!

Thank everyone:D Now I'll try to apply for state residency in order to be able to pay resident tuition. Non-resident tuition sucks like hell

Thanks everybody for your assistance. I am gonna have my interview on Tuesday, March 30. I just have a quick question. I tried to find a sponsor to fill out an affidavit support for me, but I could not find one. But I do work at the university which I make about $9,000 a year, and I also got a letter of affidavit of employee from my manager. Could you guys help me on this one?? Pray for me guys too......

My NL is ..EU000078xx
Here is the information:
5/25/09, received 1st NL May 25th, 2009
6/15/09, Send papers to KCC
8/5/09, Received 2nd letter from KCC.
9/20/09, Send $ 375
10/5/09, Return receipt
10/13/09, Medical done
number current for October
10/13/09, Package send to Chicago (USCIS) for Adjusting Status, incl. $1010.-
10/16/09, Package arrived in Chicago
11/16/09, Fingerprints done
03/04/10, Received Interview Letter
03/30/10, Have an Interview (Praying for it)

Great news! Tomorrow is your interviews!!!! Shasha we are with you!!! Don't worry everything will be ok!!! Keep my fingers crossed for you!!!! We are waiting for good news from you!!!

Hey Guys
update !!

My sister going to face IJ tommorow ..........after Boia decision to pursue her case in court..........

Good luck for tomorrow!!!