• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi,
I have a question. Do they ask for copies of medical exams at the time of the interview? I called my doctor to give me a copy of my medical ex, and he said that nobody asked before me for copies of their med. ex. for the immigration purposes and that they should be in the sealed envelope only. He also said that I don't need copies at the interview. It was like not wanting to give them to me. I'll have to call back. Did any of your doctors react like that when you asked them for the copies of your med. ex.? Really weird. Are they supposed to keep them in secret? Not show them to you?
Thanks.

DV2010EU25XXX (Chicago,IL)
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Medical ex done
2/25/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (case nr current in April)
03/06/10: 2 NOA received
03/11/10: Biometrics Appointment received for 03/24/10
03/24/10: Biometrics done
03/24/10: Interview Appointment Notice received for 04/28/10

From all expiriences I think nobody ask you to show the copy of med exam, but it's better to have it!!! just in case. And your doctor prabobly wants to make more money. They keep the copy for their records, so insist on giving to you a copy of your med exam!!! If he refuses to give you a copy you can tell him that you will call USCIS and ask them to check his license and his work, it'll scare him and he will send you a copy free)))))))))))))) But don't be rude when you tell this, just smile and make it as a joke)
So, good luck!!!

Thank you for your insightful advices everyone.
I checked the job market for PhDs with my field. It is not looking good. There are not much tenure track jobs and a lot of unemployed PhDs. I heard today on the radio someone who had PhD is actually working at the census bureau instead of doing teaching or research. he said it is much easier and he is earning more.
There is also an issue of "overqualification" if you go and apply for a position at the post office (which offers great benefits and excellent job security) with your PhD they might refuse you on the grounds of overqualification.
I have MPA degree and I can work in government agencies, city administrations, etc. The university from which I earned my MPA is much more prestigious than the university I am doing my PhD.
The workload in the program is just enormous. The combination of study and teaching assistantship leaves practically no free time and I am up at least 2 nights a week to keep up with the pace and I get paid less than a university landscape worker. In order to finish the program I have to keep going like this for 4 years. This is just ruthless exploitation...
I want to buy (finally) new clothes to my kids and stop frequenting second hand stores and food banks. I want to send them to a daycare. I want to live a normal life: wake up in the morning-go to work-come back-spend two hours with family-sleep. I am sick constantly trying to meet the deadlines of severly underpaid and overloaded work.....

Hey man you are really in desperate!! Please, forget about all of this at least for two day!!!! In a day you will have interview, so just relax, don't think about the problames, think about your interview and great future after you get your GC, and when you get your GC then you'll make a decision!!!
Remember your success at the interview is to be fresh, friendly and smile all the time)!!!
Good luck!!!

Hi gdh,

Tommorow is your day!!! Get ready! I think you are already ready))) and so excited)))
Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish you a great interview!!! Keep my fingers crossed for you!!! Keep us posted!!!!
Good luck!!!!

Hello gdh,

I hope you have a great interview tomorrow. Everything will be alright. Keep us posted when you can.

Good luck!

Ahad, I have not reached the level of Phd yet, I am still ending my bachelor in Economics, I am 23 years old and now that I knew that I was going to get the green card, I took some science classes ( physics and chemistry, biology) because I always want to try the MCAT and PCAT. I have the opportunity to take loans and achieve my goals tomorrow.
Isn it what they say : You struggle today to be better tomorrow. I just think that you need some rest, you are stressed. I can feel it in your writing. Take 2 days off, just to sleep and relax with your kids without thinking about it and then, think again. You can do it. It is not everyone in this counrtry who goes up to a Phd, if you made it up to here, it means that you are a fighter and you are capable of it. Remember, you made it with either a student visa or an H1B visa, which is courageous. You can do it. You have the final words, this is what I think.

Congratulations to all of ya that received the welcome letter, the actual green cards and the interview letter. I hope for Sasha and Fitness it is a smoothy day today since they are attending their interview.
Fitness, I would like to know the ending for your sister because YOU BELIEVE IN IT AND YOU FOUGHT FOR THAT TO HAPPEN" I wish you all the luck and blessings you might need.

Hi zapatos,

Would you change your signature so that the new members can see your successful journey?

Thank you Zapatos a lot

With My sister case the judge transfer it for May 4. Thank God she still has some time before the dateline. the lawyer will sent a motion this after noon to make it before May and explain to her(judge) how sensitive case it is. what a stress for my sister ...............Same time we all thank full eighteen month ago she was visited my immigration office early morning to deported her while her case was on appeal ...........it was hell ,they took her there and said "sorry" we didn't have appeal receipt ........Any way to get this point able to be in court is wonderful thing...........all this time the judge never wanted to open her case....... Two month after that big ciaos with immigration officers ..........she got NL from KKC good timing. every single progress for her is a bless.

Thank you all you guys..........i can wait to change my signature with card production soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahad

I am with middle.com ,forget about any thing now just you need to be happy what you got in your hand............focus on your interviw now

Good Luck on Thursday

Hi fitness901,

Congratulations on another positive step in your sister's case.
You are one step closer to the card...

Thank you Zapatos a lot

With My sister case the judge transfer it for May 4. Thank God she still has some time before the dateline. the lawyer will sent a motion this after noon to make it before May and explain to her(judge) how sensitive case it is. what a stress for my sister ...............Same time we all thank full eight month ago she was visited my immigration office early morning to deported her while her case was on appeal ...........it was hell ,they took her there and said "sorry" we didn't have appeal receipt ........Any way to get this point able to be in court is wonderful thing...........all this time the judge never wanted to open her case....... Two month after that big ciaos with immigration officers ..........she got NL from KKC good timing. every single progress for her is a bless.

Thank you all you guys..........i can wait to change my signature with card production soon

Hi gdh,

I hope you get a smooth interview and a good IO tomorrow.
Leave home early just in case. Please, post your experience
and name of the field office after the interview.
You have my best wishes for tomorrow...

Thank you Zapatos a lot

With My sister case the judge transfer it for May 4. Thank God she still has some time before the dateline. the lawyer will sent a motion this after noon to make it before May and explain to her(judge) how sensitive case it is. what a stress for my sister ...............Same time we all thank full eighteen month ago she was visited my immigration office early morning to deported her while her case was on appeal ...........it was hell ,they took her there and said "sorry" we didn't have appeal receipt ........Any way to get this point able to be in court is wonderful thing...........all this time the judge never wanted to open her case....... Two month after that big ciaos with immigration officers ..........she got NL from KKC good timing. every single progress for her is a bless.

Congratulations fitness901 on your sister's case. I can imagine how hard all of this is for her and for you. I hope that the lawyer's motion gets accepted by the judge and that you can change your status pretty soon.

Good luck

Hi guys,

I have an update about my case. I received a letter via FedEx from KCC dated March 29, 2010.
My case number will be current in April 1, 2010. I am posting it so that it might help some applicants.
The letter reads approximately as follows:

"Adjustment of Status Mail Form

USCIS has requested that your File to be forwarded to the immigration office for further processing.
The Department of State requires as follows:

1. Lottery Rank number be current and
2. Diversity Visa fees be paid prior to a transfer to USCIS

Before your case can be transferred to USCIS and continue to process you must pay
$375 per person."

And they want me to pay 3 X $375 for my family members whom do not live here.
I will, after getting my card, apply for them as a "follow-to-join" diversity visa application overseas.
After my researches I had found out that I didn't have to pay for my family members
because they were not doing AOS here and I already paid $375 for myself.
I think in that regard they made a mistake by asking me for the payment for
my family members. I'll call them tomorrow before taking any actions.

Good news is Philadelphia Field Office has requested my diversity visa case file.

I kind of new this: Not so good news for early applicants; even if everything is ready
and your files are requested they won't transfer the files before your number is current.
But there are still a lot of advantages of early filing. New applicants, keep early filing...

I'll let you know how things turn out...

Thank you middle.com, i2009 and capeolive for the good luck wishes for tomorrow! This is officially the longest day in the history of mankind. :) I think I'm ready. I put all the papers together that I could think of. I'll post my experience tomorrow after work.

thank you i2009, capeolive, middle.com and bentlebee for your comments and suggestions.

I have called KCC and they said it is very important that the DSP-122 is sent back, hence I did, along with the DS forms (I read people continuing with CP instead of AOS and vice versa, so I thought it might help to send them as well considering six months left for deadline). I have also sent the DV fee.

I had an infopass with the USCIS, and the lady told me that I don't need to wait for another receipt either from KCC or the fee and suggested that I send everything asap. She also mentioned that it is likely that the process may take 6-8 months. So, I will be sending the package to Chicago immediately.

In this forum, it seems the processing at USCIS is taking somewhere between 2.5 months to 4 months in most cases. I hope it will not take over 6 months, essentially ending the process past September.

Do any of you know whether a case may be transferred to CP at a later stage if it seems that the AOS process goes into the last 1-2 months of the timeline?

Congrats again to all of you who have received it and best wishes to those still waiting.

Thank you middle.com, i2009 and capeolive for the good luck wishes for tomorrow! This is officially the longest day in the history of mankind. :) I think I'm ready. I put all the papers together that I could think of. I'll post my experience tomorrow after work.

Hi gdh,

Yes you are ready! All the best! We will be waiting to hear from you.

Good morning Capeolive

It is real good news it requested !!!.........April is tommorow ,so soon you will get your interview date.

Good luck.......i was wonder thug how it work for your family ,they doing CP while you here.........it is new to me please explian to me

Thanks

thank you i2009, capeolive, middle.com and bentlebee for your comments and suggestions.

I have called KCC and they said it is very important that the DSP-122 is sent back, hence I did, along with the DS forms (I read people continuing with CP instead of AOS and vice versa, so I thought it might help to send them as well considering six months left for deadline). I have also sent the DV fee.

I had an infopass with the USCIS, and the lady told me that I don't need to wait for another receipt either from KCC or the fee and suggested that I send everything asap. She also mentioned that it is likely that the process may take 6-8 months. So, I will be sending the package to Chicago immediately.

In this forum, it seems the processing at USCIS is taking somewhere between 2.5 months to 4 months in most cases. I hope it will not take over 6 months, essentially ending the process past September.

Do any of you know whether a case may be transferred to CP at a later stage if it seems that the AOS process goes into the last 1-2 months of the timeline?

Congrats again to all of you who have received it and best wishes to those still waiting.

I would call an immigration lawyer and ask for advise. They usually give one free phone consult for 10 or 15 min. and you could ask what he will suggest to do. When my friend won we called our lawyer for her and he stated that since her cae # was low she could do AOS, but he clearly stated that AOS can take a lot longer then CP and he also stated you don't want to risk being too late. Compaired to other cae # from Europe that were similar of a little higher....they all got their interview earlier then she had hers over here, but in her case that didn't matter and saved her a trip to her home country in the middle of the College year...

You could also check the USCIS timeline website and look up your local USCIS and check the time frame. Tampa was stating 4 month for AOS and although DV cases should be handled faster, my friends case took exactly 4 months.