• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi x2010x,

They probably sent you a standard interview letter.

You do not have a petitioner, that is for family based
AOS persons that petitions you.

Since you don't have a close relative that's living here you cannot get I-864.
Instead you can get an I-134 from a citizen or permanent resident
who has sufficient income. If you get it do not show it unless asked for it.

Also getting a job offer for a future time can be helpful...

Thanks i2009 and capeolive.

The interview appointment letter came from the Chicago Field Office and it is on plain white paper. When they ask for the affidavit of support I-864 they mention that they also need my tax returns for the last 3 years, W 2's and current job letter. Do I need to fill out the form or it is done by a sponsor? If by a sponsor, does it have to be a close relative? I don't have any relatives in the US. I worked on campus at the school for almost 2 years and I can only bring tax returns for the last 2 years. As for a current job letter, I don't have one because I finished the school and I'm not working anymore.
What's the difference between a petitioner and an applicant? They ask me to come to the interview with my petitioner.

DV2010EU25XXX
5/20/09: 1st NL from KKC
7/30/09: 2nd NL from KKC
8/20/09: Medical ex done
2/25/10: AOS package sent to Chicago (case nr current in April)
03/06/10: 2 NOA received
03/11/10: Biometrics Appointment received for 03/24/10
03/24/10: Biometrics done
03/24/10: Interview Appointment Notice received for 04/28/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks bentlebee.

So I don't need the I-864 form. I do have a job offer, but I didn't start working yet because I didn't receive my EAD. If I'll get it before the interview, I'll start working and bring current job letter. I also have enough money in savings, but I'm still concerned that I should have an I-134. It seems that it helps if you have one. I called USCIS twice and the guy I talked to said that whoever sent me the appointment letter made a mistake and I should let them know at the time of the interview. He also said that it won't help much if I do an info pass. Great help! :-(

I'll follow your advice and get what I need for my case and disregard the other things. This whole process was so confusing. Thank you guys for always answering my concerns. You helped me a lot.

DV2010EU25XXX

I just got my interview letter for april 8 at 9:00 am. it is faster than i expect.
a quick question: it says bring with you
1)Identity documents: photo ID , passport, i-94, birth certificate
2)A translator (if needed)
3)Employment Authorization Cards

i understood 1 and 2. but 3, i didn't get it. does it mean SSN Card or another thing. because i am a student and i got my ssn from school for basically to get credit card and rent a room. i have never worked in school or another place. school gave me a paper that shows i am working at the school for 2 hours a week. they gave that paper when i try to get ssn. could it be that paper? of course i am going to take both ssn card and that paper with me on the interview date. but, i am confused.

Congratulations!!! It's great news!!!!
If you've never got it, just you will tell them during your interview that's it. If you have some, even expired, take it with you!!! and take all paper you have, they will help you!

Thank you Ahad. I'm getting really nervous. :) It's less than a week. You must be too as your interview is just a day later than mine. Hope we'll have the same good experience.

Guys,
I wish you good luck on yours interviews!!!! I'm with you!!!

Thanks bentlebee.

So I don't need the I-864 form. I do have a job offer, but I didn't start working yet because I didn't receive my EAD. If I'll get it before the interview, I'll start working and bring current job letter. I also have enough money in savings, but I'm still concerned that I should have an I-134. It seems that it helps if you have one. I called USCIS twice and the guy I talked to said that whoever sent me the appointment letter made a mistake and I should let them know at the time of the interview. He also said that it won't help much if I do an info pass. Great help! :-(

I'll follow your advice and get what I need for my case and disregard the other things. This whole process was so confusing. Thank you guys for always answering my concerns. You helped me a lot.

DV2010EU25XXX

The last time my friend called before her interview was to ask about the white paper and the man on the other end told her not to mention it and not to call about it since it could delay her interview...he told her just go and take whatever you have prepared and you should be fine.

We already knew her bio metrics had come back good and her file was in Tampa.

If you have a job offer and savings, then you should be fine:)...you have more then most of the people have going into the interview:)

Good Luck:) and please post your experience.:)

Why do some people freak out when their interview letter is on a plain wait paper? As long as it's an interview notice, whether it is on white or green paper they should be happy to receive it. Mine was on a plain yellow paper and it was accepted without any problem. As someone said " the USCIS works in mysterious way"..:D

Guys,
I wish you good luck on yours interviews!!!! I'm with you!!!

Thanks man. Have you got any updates after the interview?
I got all the original documents from back home, safe and securely. I got medical forms in a sealed envelope from my civil surgeon, and I have prepared a letter from my university that is an income statement letter and a job offer letter at the same time. To my surprise they included the total amount they are giving me (including tuition) and the number is quite good, also the amount coming from the job offer for summer and fall is also adding more value to it. Total is looking quite good, actually making us look like a middle class rather than poverty line. I am happy about this. I think we are good to go and I hope we will have an easy interview....
gdh, good luch once again!

Thanks man. Have you got any updates after the interview?
I got all the original documents from back home, safe and securely. I got medical forms in a sealed envelope from my civil surgeon, and I have prepared a letter from my university that is an income statement letter and a job offer letter at the same time. To my surprise they included the total amount they are giving me (including tuition) and the number is quite good, also the amount coming from the job offer for summer and fall is also adding more value to it. Total is looking quite good, actually making us look like a middle class rather than poverty line. I am happy about this. I think we are good to go and I hope we will have an easy interview....
gdh, good luch once again!

I didn't get any new updates yet) I hope to get something soon)))
I am glad for you that you have a letter and a job offer, I hope nobody won't ask you about that, but still it better to have all those paper) And it's a good news that your originals came!!! My parents also sent me all originals, but nobody even ask if I have them, I'm not talking even to show them))) So, I wish you the best!!! I know, waiting is the worse thing, but now we need to wait))) I keep my fingers crossed for you and gdh!!! Yours interviews are on their ways!!!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks i2009. Yes the NOA is I797C (Notice of transfer of EB case to Westminister CA)
The I-797C, Notice of Action says that our EB case has been transferred to Westminster, CA 92683. However in the USCIS website status check for the same case number it shows that the EB case is transferred to Santa Ana , CA .
I would sincerely appreciate if any one knows and can explain why the different two locations are indicated? BTW has the EB case been transferred due to our up comminf DV case?

Thanks a ton.

Hi 2010forme,

Your husband's EB case's being transferred to CA is good news.
That was probably done due to your upcoming interview.

There is another possibility; if his case is current then
it might have being sent for EB interview.
Who knows may be they give you 2 cards instead of 1.

About different locations on NOA and online I am sure they
cannot explain it themselves. Just take the NOA to the interview...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks i2009. Yes the NOA is I797C (Notice of transfer of EB case to Westminister CA)
The I-797C, Notice of Action says that our EB case has been transferred to Westminster, CA 92683. However in the USCIS website status check for the same case number it shows that the EB case is transferred to Santa Ana , CA .
I would sincerely appreciate if any one knows and can explain why the different two locations are indicated? BTW has the EB case been transferred due to our up comminf DV case?

Thanks a ton.

Hi everyone,

I have been overwhelmed by anxiety when I just realized that a second notification letter was received by all of you upon sending form ds-122 back to KCC. I may have made a huge mistake because I haven't yet sent anything back to KCC. I have been informed that adjustment of status applicants need not send anything back to KCC and my number just became current. I had prepared all my i-485 application documents and was just about to send it to Chicago.

Do you think this is a fatal problem because I observed that it takes about 2-3 months to receive the second letter and that will only leave me 3 months for the adjustment of status process which may not be adequate.

Also, can one of you please let me know how the 2nd NL is different from the 1st NL? Is it the 2nd NL that you include in the I-485 application rather than the first notification. Do you know whether it will be rejected if I don't have the 2nd NL?

I feel very desparate, I congratulate all of you who have received their green cards and I can only hope now that I may still follow the process in hopes to receiving it.

Congratulation Ewokra and houselingt75..................you both have interview appointment same day and same Boston local office

What a coincidence !!!

Good luck both

Hi fitness901
Thank you i was waiting for the interview for more than 6 weeks
i did an infopass 10 days ago and they told me that everything is fine and i should receive my appointment letter in 10 days and it happened
Hopefully everything goes fine with me and ewokra.

Great !!! Some times it suprised me how it work.........ewokra got his Biometrics a month after you did and you got same interview date
But it does not matter if every thing work okay.........Hope my Sister get one soon too

again good luck you all

Hi everyone,

I have been overwhelmed by anxiety when I just realized that a second notification letter was received by all of you upon sending form ds-122 back to KCC. I may have made a huge mistake because I haven't yet sent anything back to KCC. I have been informed that adjustment of status applicants need not send anything back to KCC and my number just became current. I had prepared all my i-485 application documents and was just about to send it to Chicago.

Do you think this is a fatal problem because I observed that it takes about 2-3 months to receive the second letter and that will only leave me 3 months for the adjustment of status process which may not be adequate.

Also, can one of you please let me know how the 2nd NL is different from the 1st NL? Is it the 2nd NL that you include in the I-485 application rather than the first notification. Do you know whether it will be rejected if I don't have the 2nd NL?

I feel very desparate, I congratulate all of you who have received their green cards and I can only hope now that I may still follow the process in hopes to receiving it.

Hello oceu,

I don't think that it is a problem because I know of some people not sending those documents to the KCC and everything went fine. I would send the DS-122 to KCC just in case though.

What you need to send is the DV payment because the USCIS will request your file from KCC and the KCC will not mail it unless a payment has been made.

For AOS applicants, the second NL is the one that they acknowledge your decision to proceed for Adjustment of Status. It is different for CP applicants where the second NL letter contains the appointment and instructions to go to the US Consulate for the CP interview.

Bottom line, send the payment if you haven't and send the DS-122 just in case.

Good luck and keep us posted!