• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi everyone,

I have been overwhelmed by anxiety when I just realized that a second notification letter was received by all of you upon sending form ds-122 back to KCC. I may have made a huge mistake because I haven't yet sent anything back to KCC. I have been informed that adjustment of status applicants need not send anything back to KCC and my number just became current. I had prepared all my i-485 application documents and was just about to send it to Chicago.

Do you think this is a fatal problem because I observed that it takes about 2-3 months to receive the second letter and that will only leave me 3 months for the adjustment of status process which may not be adequate.

Also, can one of you please let me know how the 2nd NL is different from the 1st NL? Is it the 2nd NL that you include in the I-485 application rather than the first notification. Do you know whether it will be rejected if I don't have the 2nd NL?

I feel very desparate, I congratulate all of you who have received their green cards and I can only hope now that I may still follow the process in hopes to receiving it.

Sent it TODAY!!! Since most people will have sent all their papers as requested, maybe KCC is not dealing with so many cases any more and they will handle your case a.s.a.p. Normally it takes 2-6 weeks to process a case. Sent it by the fastest mailing way you can find and put on the enveloppe clearly that it is for a DV case and "urgent". You can't sent your package to Chicago until your case is processed by KCC otherwise Chicago will sent it back to you. You need to do CP in order to be on time...IMO AOS is too much of a gamble since you are late sending your papers back to KCC. JMO! Good Luck:)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks i2009. Yes the NOA is I797C (Notice of transfer of EB case to Westminister CA)
The I-797C, Notice of Action says that our EB case has been transferred to Westminster, CA 92683. However in the USCIS website status check for the same case number it shows that the EB case is transferred to Santa Ana , CA .
I would sincerely appreciate if any one knows and can explain why the different two locations are indicated? BTW has the EB case been transferred due to our up comminf DV case?

Thanks a ton.

Hello 2010FORME,

Thank you for the information. I did not know that they send I-797 to inform of the file transfer, that's good to know. I would not mind that the online status shows a different location, the website service is a mess. What matters is what's in the I-797.

I do believe that your case was transferred due to your DV application (EB cases seldom require interviews). You should be receiving your interview letter pretty soon and it seems that they will have all your documents ready so that's great.

Good luck!

Hi fitness901
Thank you i was waiting for the interview for more than 6 weeks
i did an infopass 10 days ago and they told me that everything is fine and i should receive my appointment letter in 10 days and it happened
Hopefully everything goes fine with me and ewokra.

Congratulations houselight75! I hope that everything goes well for you, ewokra and everyone on this journey!

Hi eworka
Thank you for your reply So you the lucky one who will go first
i think this is the first time in this forum that 2 person will have the same interview date in the same office
When i did infopass i felt that they understand our case very well so i want to tell you don't worry and hope to see you there and be the first one who congratulate you

Hi I2009
thank you and hope to get your card soon i know it's hurt to wait all this time but be patient you will arrive to the shore soon.

Hello oceu,

At this point it will be wise to call KCC.

With your filling out form DSP-122
you tell KCC whether you want to do
Consular Processing overseas or
Adjustment of Status in US.

When you fill out the form DSP-122
make sure fill out "4." accordingly.

I would call KCC immediately.

Hi everyone,

I have been overwhelmed by anxiety when I just realized that a second notification letter was received by all of you upon sending form ds-122 back to KCC. I may have made a huge mistake because I haven't yet sent anything back to KCC. I have been informed that adjustment of status applicants need not send anything back to KCC and my number just became current. I had prepared all my i-485 application documents and was just about to send it to Chicago.

Do you think this is a fatal problem because I observed that it takes about 2-3 months to receive the second letter and that will only leave me 3 months for the adjustment of status process which may not be adequate.

Also, can one of you please let me know how the 2nd NL is different from the 1st NL? Is it the 2nd NL that you include in the I-485 application rather than the first notification. Do you know whether it will be rejected if I don't have the 2nd NL?

I feel very desparate, I congratulate all of you who have received their green cards and I can only hope now that I may still follow the process in hopes to receiving it.

Hi i2009,

That's what they say about EB cases but in practice it is not the case.
Four people got their cards through EB application where I work
all of them were interviewed. Also I know 10's of people got
their cards trough EB all had their interviews except one...

Their EB case's being transferred is most likely is due to their upcoming interview though...

Hello 2010FORME,

Thank you for the information. I did not know that they send I-797 to inform of the file transfer, that's good to know. I would not mind that the online status shows a different location, the website service is a mess. What matters is what's in the I-797.

I do believe that your case was transferred due to your DV application (EB cases seldom require interviews). You should be receiving your interview letter pretty soon and it seems that they will have all your documents ready so that's great.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
oceu,

Depending on where you live in US and whether you have traveling restrictions
Consular Processing in a US Consulate overseas might be the best option for you.

Hi everyone,

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding oceu's question,

The second notification letter does not need to be included in the AOS package as opposed to the first notification letter that is the proof of eligibility. If oceu decides to go for CP then it would take 1-2 months for KCC to process his/her case and schedule the CP interview. I don't know when oceu's case number will be current; if it is current now, the AOS can be sent now to the Chicago Lockbox and, at the same time, send the DV fee and the DS-122 to KCC asap.

oceu does not need to wait for the second notification letter and/or the DV payment receipt to submit the AOS package. Am I wrong?

Hi i2009,

I think oceu's best bet is to call KCC and go from there...

What's going on with your case? Keep doing InfoPass,
may be you might see a supervisor by chance...

I'll step out about an hour...

Regarding oceu's question,

The second notification letter does not need to be included in the AOS package as opposed to the first notification letter that is the proof of eligibility. If oceu decides to go for CP then it would take 1-2 months for KCC to process his/her case and schedule the CP interview. I don't know when oceu's case number will be current; if it is current now, the AOS can be sent now to the Chicago Lockbox and, at the same time, send the DV fee and the DS-122 to KCC asap.

oceu does not need to wait for the second notification letter and/or the DV payment receipt to submit the AOS package. Am I wrong?

Hi eworka
i think this is the first time in this forum that 2 person will have the same interview date in the same office
When i did infopass i felt that they understand our case very well so i want to tell you don't worry and hope to see you there and be the first one who congratulate you

Congratulations houselight, good luck on your interview, I'm sure everything will be fine. By the way, Cooldude and I had our interviews on the same day at the same office, an hr apart. I think we also had the same IO.

Anyway, good luck to you!

Hi I2009
thank you and hope to get your card soon i know it's hurt to wait all this time but be patient you will arrive to the shore soon.

thanks houselight75. I think that Daima and cooldude had their interviews the same day at the same Local Office. Sorry, you guys are not the first LOL

Hi i2009,

I think oceu's best bet is to call KCC and go from there...

What's going on with your case? Keep doing InfoPass,
may be you might see a supervisor by chance...

I'll step out about an hour...

I agree with you, the best thing for oceu is to call KCC.

I will keep taking infopasses about once a week until I know that my file has been transferred. Thanks for your suggestion.

Thank you Daima
good to have you with us even after you got your GC
By the way what was your status befor GC and cooldoude also

Oops, I just saw that Daima commented on the same while I was writing.

Big YES! Daima and Cooldude help, even after they both got their GC, are much appreciated!

Hi guys,

Just checking in. Been a while since my last post. Congratualtions to everyone with successful interviews. For those still waiting, your time will come. Good luck!! :)

Blue

Hello BlueT41,

Good to see you here. Are you enjoying your new status? I am pretty sure you are.

Hi eworka

it is an interesting coincidence but i just talk to one of my Turkish friend and he said he is going to have his interview on 4/08/2010 at 8:30 am. isn't that interesting? if we can find another person we can play okey (it is a table game played with four people. it is famous in Turkey) :D:D maybe the officer like to play:::D

Hi everyone,

Hi, oceu

I would send DS-form ASAP together with the payment 375$ FOR EACH PERSON!!! When I dicided to do AOS I emailed them and here's there answer:

If you are in the United States, you may be eligible to apply to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status. The option to adjust status may no longer be available to all applicants. To determine whether you are eligible to adjust your status you MUST contact the CIS. Once the CIS confirms your eligibility to adjust status they will provide you with the additional information that you need. When contacting your local CIS office they may inform you that you will not be eligible to file your adjustment until your case number is current and available for processing. Please refer to the visa bulletin at www.travel.state.gov to view the current case numbers being processed. This bulletin is updated after the 15th day of each month.

If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $375.00 per person directly to the Department of State. Information regarding where this fee should be paid is included in your information packet. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. (Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.) Also, please forward the completed DSP-122 form back to KCC. This will allow the next instruction letter to be processed to you.

U.S. Department of State

Diversity Visa Program

P.O. Box 979079

St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

We do request that you complete and return the DSP-122 to the Kentucky Consular Center so that we may update your file. Question 4 of this form states: Name of United States Consular Office where you would like to process your application”. When adjusting status with the Citizenship and Immigration Service, please list the address of your local CIS office.

So, my advice, send DS form to KCC and payment 375$ for each applicant, and also send documents for AOS, it's ok if you don't send them reciept about payment 375$, you should have it for your interview, so you will have time.
Good luck!!!