• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi bentlebee,

Thank you for sharing your friend's context. This has hlped me to boost up my confidence.

My friend had the white paper and even got the same paper in different enveloppes twice at the same day....USCIS told us not to worry and not to ask more questions or it could mean they would sent a new paper and it could mean 6 weeks delay for a new interview.

She went to the interview with the white paper and nothing seemed out of the ordinary for the employees at USCIS and she was approved.

Regarding another post about I-134....my friend had almost 7 x the poverty guideline and proof where it came from but was still grilled with questions....the employee stopped asking any more questions when she her self pulled the I-134 out of her papers and gave it...It wasn't asked for but since he kept on asking question she felt it might be better to give the paper...only seconds later she got het passport stamped and the employee said "we don't have to worry you ever become a liability"....

It was weird to hear that, but in the end the only thing she wanted was the stamp and GC and giving the I-134 (although not requested at that time) made things go very easy.:)

Congratulations Zapatos,

I am so happy for you. Somebody told me that God never puts challenge on ur shoulder unless you can handle it.
You did such a fantastic job by moving forward what so ever the challenge is. We all have learned from you "Never give up!!".
You will definitely get the card :). Cheers!!
Good luck for tomorrow bianfid. Remember that it comes from above. "he" is the one giving it to you not somebody else. Hey guys, I just received a text message from USCIS that they have updated my case and that I should go online and check. I did it and it says "card production ordered". I guess it means that is it. But I will be satisfied once I get the card.

Hi all,
Reading posts and everyone's experience, I feel that I should have a sponsor's letter (I-134). Currently I work on-campus (of course since I am F1). I am not asked to bring I-134 to the interview. Althought, capeolive somewhere mentioned that having I-134 will give you a peace of mind. If in case they ask for one, I have to look for it later. So, I decided to have it with me while I go to the Interview.

I have heard that the sponsor can be in GC or Citizen. Right? I do not have much idea about FPL. If anyone can provide information on that, it will be great.

Sorry for your interview Zapatos. But keep praying! My interview is tomorrow. After Zapatos' experience I am kinda scared now. Please guys, pray for me. I hope I could share good news with you after it gets done.

Good luck tomorrow bianfid....I am kinda scare, especially because I will have an interview in the same building, but you have to be positive. He was only one negative case this year, I think. If I can remember all other had nice IOs. So everything is gonna be ok. Tray relax............

Good luck for tomorrow bianfid. Remember that it comes from above. "he" is the one giving it to you not somebody else. Hey guys, I just received a text message from USCIS that they have updated my case and that I should go online and check. I did it and it says "card production ordered". I guess it means that is it. But I will be satisfied once I get the card.

Woooooow that is great!!!! Congratulations zapatos!!!!!

Yaaaaaay! that's grrreeeat news! Good ending to all the drama. You can relax now!

Hi antar45,

If you have means to get an I-134, get it, have it with you for the interview.
Do not use it unless you are asked for it. Yes a citizen and permanent resident
can give it. Federal Poverty Guidelines is something government posts annually
for these kind of purposes. The sponsor has to have 125% of FPG. Let's say if
s/he has 4 people in her/his family s/he has to check column 5 for size of family unit.
I am putting down two links down. As I said do not use it if you don't have to...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/telegrams/telegrams_4437.html

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Hi all,
Reading posts and everyone's experience, I feel that I should have a sponsor's letter (I-134). Currently I work on-campus (of course since I am F1). I am not asked to bring I-134 to the interview. Althought, capeolive somewhere mentioned that having I-134 will give you a peace of mind. If in case they ask for one, I have to look for it later. So, I decided to have it with me while I go to the Interview.

I have heard that the sponsor can be in GC or Citizen. Right? I do not have much idea about FPL. If anyone can provide information on that, it will be great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

I have few questions. Well, you can say it confusion. Does USCIS send the interview appointment letter on standard paper or on a plain white paper?
Today I recieved a letter from my local USCIS field office and that's on white paper. The letter has a nice box with all the informations which are office location, date and hour, Ask for "officer name", reason for appointment "Adjustment of status - DV FY 2010", Bring with you "state ID, passport, 194, DV fee paid proof, dv lottery letter and proof you remaind in status".
Below it has mentioned to keep this appointment and bring this letter with you.

My main concern is that my biometrice is not done yet. And this appointment is two days after my biometrics. so confused?

I had the same question as you have, because my interview apointment also on the same paper! Everybody says that it's ok, so don't worry! just bring all the ask for and even more)

About your biometrics, I think it's also ok! USCIS makes the Biometrics appointment and your locol office made your interview appointment that's why the dates are close. But I think it's ok)

my congratulations, it's good news!!!

My field office is Memphis, TN.

How can they ask me for affidavit of support at the interview? It is not among the list of documents they ask/require me to bring. I think they must put it in writing and give prior notice for preparing it instead of just asking out of the blue moon.
I carefully checked the requirements for Adjustment of Status. Affidavit of support is required for those who are filing on the basis of employment and marriage to a US citizen and not for those who are filing on the basis of Diversity Lottery winning.

Hi Ahad!

I was thinking last night about your case, and I think it would be great if you get a job offer along with your letter fro myour university. You can ask your university give you a job offer or just find some company. And if there's any questions about your letter from university, you will show them your job offer and say that when your get right to work you will start working with that company. And now you can not work because of your status as a student and that you did not want to break any laws and you didn't want to work illigally. I think it will persuade them!!! Good luck!!!

Hi Everyone,

Just thought to send out a reminder to ask everyone to put their location of field office and their state in their signature. Some of us are missing that info even though they have mentioned it in their posts. If you get the chance please do it immediately before you may forget again.:) Thanks and all the best to everyone. [If you don't know how ... you can go to the top of the thread and once you are signed in you can hit the "settings" link and then on your left side you would see "My profile" where you would have the option to "Edit Signature"]

Hi Everyone,

Just thought to send out a reminder to ask everyone to put their location of field office and their state in their signature. Some of us are missing that info even though they have mentioned it in their posts. If you get the chance please do it immediately before you may forget again.:) Thanks and all the best to everyone. [If you don't know how ... you can go to the top of the thread and once you are signed in you can hit the "settings" link and then on your left side you would see "My profile" where you would have the option to "Edit Signature"]

I agree mentioning as much as possible in the signature but many of us had to get rid of some good information due to the limitation of the 500 letters...:(

My friends field office was Tampa and 4 months is the time they give online for AOS GC for regular cases and when we went to do info pass they told her it would be 4 months even for a DV case and her time line showed it was indeed 4 months....I always thought it was shorter for a DV case, but her lower case# made it possible to do AOS since she had the time for it...if you have a higher case # I wouldn't risk it...JMO!

I agree mentioning as much as possible in the signature but many of us had to get rid of some good information due to the limitation of the 500 letters...:(

Another way to do it if you're running out of space in your signature is to go to settings and add a Location name, this way, it shows up at the top right corner of the user name :)

Yes Bentlebee,

I agree that there is a limit on the signature. If we try to remove some unessential info and still cannot get the field location and state info, there is another option. If we go to the "Settings" link at the top of the page (after logging in), then under "My Settings" on the left side, you can select "Edit Profile". Under this section you can add your "Location" as your field office and the state. The "Location" field is under "additional information".

So now ... nobody has an excuse not to update:) (So pls update now ... try to add the field office city and the state ... you may see how i did it ... thanks)

I see Nokira beat me to it ... but i had written it ... so i decided to post it.

Yes Bentlebee,

I agree that there is a limit on the signature. If we try to remove some unessential info and still cannot get the field location and state info, there is another option. If we go to the "Settings" link at the top of the page (after logging in), then under "My Settings" on the left side, you can select "Edit Profile". Under this section you can add your "Location" as your field office and the state. The "Location" field is under "additional information".

I see Nokira beat me to it ... but i had written it ... so i decided to post it.

LOL, great minds think alike ;)

Hey guys!!!
I HAD AN AMAZING INTERVIEW!!
1st of all, i'd like to thank all those who supported me thru this entire process.

I went pretty early as some of you advised it to me. I went with my gf. we got there 2 hrs before the interview time but we got in the building at 9:00. I was scheduled for 10 am. The officer opened a door and called my name while my gf was in the restroom. I told him she asked me to keep her handbag till she gets back and that I couldn't just leave it on the seat . He kinda joked about it by saying his wife makes him do the same thing very often.
She finally got out of the restroom, got her handbag back and wished me good luck. The officer was very nice tho. Once in his office, I took the oath and sat down. He asked me if I got a work authorization. That was the question I didn't want him to ask because I have worked off campus and that's a violation. Then he continued, do you have a job? I said no. The only docs he asked were the originals of my BC and my state ID and passport. He made some comments about my grades at school, asked me formal questions about terrorism, drug, etc...
He finally told me everything looks fine, that I'll approve me. He told me congratulations and I will receive my GC within 10 days. He said he won't take my I-94 but as soon as I receive my gc I should mail the I-94 to them. He also recommended me to go online and sign for the selective services so that I can be able to apply for citizenship in 5 years.
At the end of the interview he handed me a small piece of paper that was a survey on the quality of the services I received at the USCIS. we shook hands and I left.
That was the experience I had today ;);)