• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi all,

I have few questions. Well, you can say it confusion. Does USCIS send the interview appointment letter on standard paper or on a plain white paper?
Today I recieved a letter from my local USCIS field office and that's on white paper. The letter has a nice box with all the informations which are office location, date and hour, Ask for "officer name", reason for appointment "Adjustment of status - DV FY 2010", Bring with you "state ID, passport, 194, DV fee paid proof, dv lottery letter and proof you remaind in status".
Below it has mentioned to keep this appointment and bring this letter with you.

My main concern is that my biometrice is not done yet. And this appointment is two days after my biometrics. so confused?

Hi antar45,

Don't worry, be happy that you got your interview letter and and the interview is right after your Biometrics, so you won't have a long wait in between. When my busband and I went for our Biometrics (the USCIS office is 2.5 hrs away), the ladies who took our Bios told us that they could've scheduled our Bios same time as interview to save us an extra trip because the Bio results come out fast. So you should be fine! Just prepare for your interview. Good luck!

Sorry for your interview Zapatos. But keep praying! My interview is tomorrow. After Zapatos' experience I am kinda scared now. Please guys, pray for me. I hope I could share good news with you after it gets done.

Good luck tomorrow in your interview. I hope everything goes well and smoothly for you. Don't be scared just prepared.

Best of luck and keep us posted, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Hi all,

I have few questions. Well, you can say it confusion. Does USCIS send the interview appointment letter on standard paper or on a plain white paper?
Today I recieved a letter from my local USCIS field office and that's on white paper. The letter has a nice box with all the informations which are office location, date and hour, Ask for "officer name", reason for appointment "Adjustment of status - DV FY 2010", Bring with you "state ID, passport, 194, DV fee paid proof, dv lottery letter and proof you remaind in status".

My main concern is that my biometrice is not done yet. And this appointment is two days after my biometrics. so confused?

Congratulations! you got your interview letter. That was fast. Awesome! As Daima said, don't worry about the biometrics. Actually, the biometrics and name check could be a matter of hours so it is likely that everything is done and ready for your interview.

Good luck

Good luck in your interview tommorow bianfid
i bet you going have reason to celebrate this weekend.............and share good news with us
Best wishes

Dear guys,
I have a few questions for the documents to take to interview. I am on F1 and I have an I-20, which says school is supporting me. Should I look at the total amount on that to compare with 125% poverty line? or is that only the living expenses part on the I-20 that matters? Should I also bring a I-134?

Also I sent my original medical exam report with my application, because it was sealed and couldn't copy it. Now should I ask the physician to give me another one to bring to the interview?

Hello Jasmine,

I don't know about F1 but it is at the Officer's discretion if an Affidavit of Support will be required. If you can, I would suggest that you bring one to the interview. You can also prove that you will not become a public charge with your assets.

You don't need to ask the physician for a copy of your medical report.

Good luck.

Source http://travel.state.gov/pdf/T1026V-DV-2010bulletin(3).pdf page 12 under item 32.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck for tomorrow bianfid. Remember that it comes from above. "he" is the one giving it to you not somebody else. Hey guys, I just received a text message from USCIS that they have updated my case and that I should go online and check. I did it and it says "card production ordered". I guess it means that is it. But I will be satisfied once I get the card.

What a good news Zapatos !!! every body worry about you yesterday ,as you said it is God who gave you .............have fun in the weekend enjoy it.

Hi jasmine182,

If you can get a I-134 I would advice you to get one.
At the interview do not present it unless you are asked for.
If your physician is close by it won't hurt to have a copy,
but most likely you won't need it...

Dear guys,
I have a few questions for the documents to take to interview. I am on F1 and I have an I-20, which says school is supporting me. Should I look at the total amount on that to compare with 125% poverty line? or is that only the living expenses part on the I-20 that matters? Should I also bring a I-134?

Also I sent my original medical exam report with my application, because it was sealed and couldn't copy it. Now should I ask the physician to give me another one to bring to the interview?

Hi antar45,

Congratulations this is your interview appointment letter.
If you have anything missing just get them ready...

Hi all,

Hi nepal2010,

If you live there alone leave it blank, do not write anything.

hey guys,
what do u write in c/o in care of section of first part of i485 if u are yourself living in that address right now. can u write ur name or just write the name of any other person living in dat address.

Hi bianfid,

zapatos had really a bad experience but this was due to one IO having a miserable day or a miserable life.
Most of the IO's are good people, do their jobs and do not discriminate against people.
For your interview if you have to drive leave your place early, be prepared, be positive and pray.
Our prayers are with you....

Sorry for your interview Zapatos. But keep praying! My interview is tomorrow. After Zapatos' experience I am kinda scared now. Please guys, pray for me. I hope I could share good news with you after it gets done.

Hi zapatos,

It means "the lady" had to approve you. She might be more miserable now. God help the people who will have to go through her in their process...
Congratulations on getting the one of the most difficult approvals...

Good luck for tomorrow bianfid. Remember that it comes from above. "he" is the one giving it to you not somebody else. Hey guys, I just received a text message from USCIS that they have updated my case and that I should go online and check. I did it and it says "card production ordered". I guess it means that is it. But I will be satisfied once I get the card.

Great!!!! Congratulations, I really am happy for you. You deserve it after that bad experience. Now relax, the card is on its way.

All the best on your interview bianfid. Hope it goes very smoothly.

Hi all,

Congratulations antar on your interview letter. Even if the biometrics are done the day of the Interview you will be fine ... you don't have to worry about that, if it did not happen till the interview you can just ask the IO and he will get you to the biometrics the same day. So don't worry. 2 days is plenty of time ... FBI returns results within 24 hrs.

Congrats Zapatos. That is very good news. It is true that God is the one who makes things happen and He is the one who answer our prays. All praise be to God.

Congratulations zapatos! What an epic battle you have had with such a sweet victory!!! You owe it to none but God himself, well done!!!

hey guys,
what do u write in c/o in care of section of first part of i485 if u are yourself living in that address right now. can u write ur name or just write the name of any other person living in dat address.

Write your own name in C/O section if you live there (it doesn't hurt or you could leave it blank)