• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congrats drake, crucian, thoman and all the others who got good news these last couple of days. I got a couple of little updates myself...just reassuring me that my case is headed on the right direction :)
Ohhhh happy days :)

Congratulations Norkira, I'm glad to hear that your case was accepted and it is moving. You will receive your biometric appointments soon. Good luck!

Hi guys,

I went to Application Support Center in Philadelphia to have
my biometrics taken today. Even though the place was
packed they were working very efficiently. In about two hours
my biometrics were taken and I returned home to start a new
waiting stage: waiting for the interview notice...

I congratulate the folks who got their cards recently and
wish a smooth and expedited process to the fellow applicants...

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, So i'm in New York and have been waiting for interview letter for almost 2 month now. is that normal? did anyone in New York get to the interview?

Hi ayoussry,

Make an InfoPass, sometimes it helps. Try to talk to some supervisor if you can.
You can also call KCC to find out if your file has been requested by New York Field
Office yet. InfoPass sometimes creates miracles. Give it two weeks if the first one
doesn't work, make another one. If not at the end you can go to your congressman's
office. Be positive and do what you can, the result will follow...

OK, So i'm in New York and have been waiting for interview letter for almost 2 month now. is that normal? did anyone in New York get to the interview?

Hello there everyone. Congratulations to those who have received their green cards!!! Really glad to read all the great news!

Also good to hear some of the guys who have finished their biometrics and received interview appointment letters.
I am particularly happy for middle.com and gdh. I also received my interview appointment today for April 1.

I have one question to ask:
are the originals of birth certificates and high school certificates are ABSOLUTELY required? I submitted their copies which my parents scanned and sent me back in January. But for some reason, I still have not received the originals (they sent them via mail last month). I am worried about that......

Hey Ayoussry, I am in NYC like you. They are very slow. I waited 2 3/4 between the biometrics and the interview letter to arrive. So be a little patient!!!! just take an infopass for your case. I went there maybe 4 or 5 times between that time period. But it is normal for NYC.

Trust me they are very important. I have a friend who had her interview at NYC, it was horrible. The lady asked the original of everything submitted and notarised to compare it with the original, if it is not fake and if you did not change anything.

Hi Ahad,

First of all congratulations on getting your interview letter
in such a short time. There are not many absolute things
when it comes to AOS through diversity lottery.
It varies a lot. In practice it depends on the immigration
officer who is going to interview you. It is always better
to be over prepared than under prepared though.
You become eligible to apply for Diversity Visa by graduating
at least from high school or having a 2 year work experience.
In a lot of countries for instance to go to university you have
to submit the original of your high school diploma and you
never get it back. For instance your going to a university
or having an undergraduate or graduate degree itself
means that you have graduated from a high school.

IO can ask you original of your birth certificate at the
interview. You still got 3 weeks:
a) You can get a birth certificate from your embassy
b) Your parents can send you another one via UPS or FedEx
c) Also try to get an official copy of your high school diploma

Practices changes from IO to IO.
But you still got enough time,
use your time wisely.
Be positive and prepared...

Hello there everyone. Congratulations to those who have received their green cards!!! Really glad to read all the great news!

Also good to hear some of the guys who have finished their biometrics and received interview appointment letters.
I am particularly happy for middle.com and gdh. I also received my interview appointment today for April 1.

are the originals of birth certificates and high school certificates are ABSOLUTELY required? I submitted their copies which my parents scanned and sent me back in January. But for some reason, I still have not received the originals (they sent them via mail last month). I am worried about that......

Hi

Can someone tell me if this is normal. On 3/8/10, I received my letter for my biometrics scheduled for 3/22/10. Today, 3/10/10 my spouse received a letter for biometrics scheduled for 3/24/10. My daughter's letter has not yet come, I guess I should expect it in another 2 days

My question - Is it normal to give different dates for biometrics to be done? Our NOA's came on the same day in different envelopes.

Will our interveiws be done on the same day?

Was expecting all our paper work to progress together.

Would appreciate your valuable inputs / experience.

Great news!!!! my congratulations with your interview appointment!!! I was really wondering about your appointment, because gdh and me got ours and you didn't post any news!!! But now I am glad for you!!!

I also submitted the copies of the BC and the HSC and now I am wating for the originals by mail too. From the expirience of the others I see that they don't ask for the originals, but to be ready for everuthing I think it' better to have all originals. Did they send you by regular mail or UPS or Fedex?? If it's regular mail, it should take like 20-30 days to be delivered.

Hi,
I recieved my NOA with the notice date 02/08. But I have not recieved biometrics appointment notice or anything. When I checked my case update online, I saw that the last update they made was on 03/03 and today is already 03/10. Usually, I have seen NOA is followed by Biometrics soon. But not mine. Can anyone have any suggestions what I should do now?

Congratulations on your interview letter.
i believe you can the duplicates of those two. use all your resources to get them and have them send to you using some more reliable means.
and i really don't think that the embassy will help.

i have the same story. it did not take that long for the biometrics, EAD and i131 though

Thank you everyone for your advices, capeolive, zapatos, middle.com, sogdian.

middle.com I was tangled up with my studies and work. But I did read about you and gdh, I was just waiting for my letters in order to have something to share as well. I almost messed it up again. I missed the biometrics appointment and went there the next day, they rescheduled it and we took it 2 days later.

capeolive, you are right, my high school certificate was at the university from where I graduated long time ago. My parents went there and somehow got it and made notarized translations, scanned and sent me, and then they sent it via regular postal mail (I told them because I though I had enough time).
The sent it over a month ago.
I am worried now. I did what you suggested, Sogdian, my parents got another duplicate of my birth certificate from the civil registry center back home, I probably will ask them to expedite it. I agree that the embassy will not help, if it doesn't create more problems.
But there is no way of getting another copy of high school certificate.
When I applied for Green Card Lottery, I chose master's level for the highest level of attainment. Wouldn't it be sufficient if I present my diplomas and transcripts of my bachelor's and master's degrees? I am right now in a PhD program.

Congratulations Ahad for your interview appointment. As capeolive said, it varies from IO to IO, some don't even ask for the originals but some others do. My suggestion is to bring everything that is required and originals are required.

One note on this: My birth certificates and HS diploma were not the originals but certified copies of the originals. In my country, at the time I was born, the BC were kept in large books so they can't give me the original. My HS diploma is kept by the University where I got my BS degree and they don't return it back, they can only give me a certified copy.

Good luck!

Hi

Can someone tell me if this is normal. On 3/8/10, I received my letter for my biometrics scheduled for 3/22/10. Today, 3/10/10 my spouse received a letter for biometrics scheduled for 3/24/10. My daughter's letter has not yet come, I guess I should expect it in another 2 days

My question - Is it normal to give different dates for biometrics to be done? Our NOA's came on the same day in different envelopes.

Will our interveiws be done on the same day?

Was expecting all our paper work to progress together.

Would appreciate your valuable inputs / experience.

Hello 2010FORME,

I think it is normal to get biometrics appointments in different days. My wife and I got the appointments for the same day but hers was in the morning and mine in the afternoon. I have read of some people going together, even though their appointments are for different days, and they don't seem to mind taking the biometrics all together.

My 8yo child did not get a biometrics appointment. I called the service number, printed in the biometrics appt letter, and they told me that it is not required for her.

Good luck!