• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi guys, am really impressed at how you genuinely care about each others case. Am also a winner but my number number is so huge(AF 76XXX) that am confused at the moment. I really want to do AOS but time is not on my side. Anybody has experience with large numbers such as mine? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello empress1,

Your case number became current last year in September, I hope that this year the cut off numbers move faster for your country.

Although the USCIS seems to speed the processes at the end of the fiscal year, I think that going for AOS is a little too risky. CP is not guaranteed either and a denial could hinder your current status continuation especially if you are not in a dual-intent visa status.

Best of luck to you

I just had a truly awesome experience...

This is awesome. The best interview experience ever! I am very happy for you and I am sure that you will get your cards in no time. I hope you and your family enjoy your new status. Thanks for your support.

Hi thomen
Congratualtion for this smooth interveiw and welcom the the GC club
Could you tell me what's your fied office?
what was your status before GC ( F1 or H1 /....etc)

Our interview was scheduled for 9am, we arrived just in time. After 15 minutes waiting, a IO called us to inform that he will need another 10 min before he can take us in. After another 10-15 minutes waiting it was then finally our turn. The atmosphere was really relaxed, we made a couple of jokes how special we are winning the lottery etc...anyway, he went with each of us through some questions like mothers maiden name, address, telephone number and the usual questions like affiliate of communist party, prostitution, drug trafficking, polygamy etc...at the end of the questioning he said our paperwork looks really good and well prepared and he then informed us that we can consider ourself as approved!!! he went on and said that he will have to fax something to Dept. of State and once he gets the answer, which usually comes right a way, he will finish the paper work... we then asked if we just could wait until he gets the answer so that he could stamp our passports right a way, still today...and he agreed! He wrote on our appointment letter that we should come back in 1.5hrs...so we then actuallly went for breakfast and returned at the given time to get our passports stamped and to receive a letter which states that our application has been granted and that today we became lawful permanent residents of the USA and will get our actual cars within 30 days...I mean, how awesome is this....still can't believe it...with the stamps in our passports and the approval letter we can get our SS cards and so on...I am still amazed how smooth everything went today!

Bottom line, a lot depends on the IO and how well s/he knows the DV AOS process etc. as well as preparation of paper work (BTW, my online status still didn't change but I don't care anymore as I have the passport stamped and the approval notice in front of me:) )

Once more, thank you all for your contribution in this forum, not only could we save plenty in lawyers fee but also get psychological support knowing that you guys go/went through the same and at the end all of us will get the GC...
I will still hang in here and share my gained knowledge and experience with you.

Thank you all!

Wow!!!!!! Great!!!!! I have no words) My congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your interview went really awesome!!! Now, just wait a little bit and your GC will be in your mail box!!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!

i2009,
Thanks for the reply...am on F1 visa so that is definitely not dual intent. There was a case of someone going through the entire process without his number being current. I guess that was sheer luck. Am looking for a miracle as at now. Any suggestions will be nice also.

Thanks everyone...
Just updatied my signature: "card production ordered" just received the sms/email I was soo waiting for, for soo long

i2009, just hang in there...I am sure your case is also soon being pushed over the finish line!

Congrats Thomen!!! My interview is in 10 days and i hope it goes smooth like urs. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Our interview was scheduled for 9am, we arrived just in time. After 15 minutes waiting, a IO called us to inform that he will need another 10 min before he can take us in. After another 10-15 minutes waiting it was then finally our turn. The atmosphere was really relaxed, we made a couple of jokes how special we are winning the lottery etc...anyway, he went with each of us through some questions like mothers maiden name, address, telephone number and the usual questions like affiliate of communist party, prostitution, drug trafficking, polygamy etc...at the end of the questioning he said our paperwork looks really good and well prepared and he then informed us that we can consider ourself as approved!!! he went on and said that he will have to fax something to Dept. of State and once he gets the answer, which usually comes right a way, he will finish the paper work... we then asked if we just could wait until he gets the answer so that he could stamp our passports right a way, still today...and he agreed! He wrote on our appointment letter that we should come back in 1.5hrs...so we then actuallly went for breakfast and returned at the given time to get our passports stamped and to receive a letter which states that our application has been granted and that today we became lawful permanent residents of the USA and will get our actual cars within 30 days...I mean, how awesome is this....still can't believe it...with the stamps in our passports and the approval letter we can get our SS cards and so on...I am still amazed how smooth everything went today!

Bottom line, a lot depends on the IO and how well s/he knows the DV AOS process etc. as well as preparation of paper work (BTW, my online status still didn't change but I don't care anymore as I have the passport stamped and the approval notice in front of me:) )

Once more, thank you all for your contribution in this forum, not only could we save plenty in lawyers fee but also get psychological support knowing that you guys go/went through the same and at the end all of us will get the GC...
I will still hang in here and share my gained knowledge and experience with you.

Thank you all!

Hi drake,

Congratulations on your new status. I hope it helps you out in your life...

Hi, everyone, finally after a long wait. My case has been approved and I got my Welcome Letter today!!! So happy! Thanks all for the support~~
I will stick around here to assist others, especially those that have case waiting for long to be approved

Hi crucian,

Congratulations on your cards. May them bring you goodness.
What next is citizenship. Just hang tight for 5 years.
Don't worry any more just be happy...

Yesterday we got our GCs :). what is next:confused:

Thank you all for your help and good luck to everybody who's still in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello empress1,

Your number is really high. Your only chance looks like for the cut-off number
for Africa to become current. Check the visa bulletin cut-off numbers for previous
years from the link below. Also doing Consular Process is an option you can consider.
With the C.P. there is no waiting involved. Let's say if your number is current in September
they give you an interview date in September and everything finishes the same day. You have to
prepare required documents from your country in advance though.
If AOS in the US is what you want: Let's say your number becomes current in September.
You will be able to see this in August visa bulletin which will be released around July 10.
USCIS does things extra fast towards the end of fiscal years for DV applicants.
And you will have around 80 days. Who knows you may be able to go around the world in 80 days...
Best wishes...

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1770.html

Hi guys, am really impressed at how you genuinely care about each others case. Am also a winner but my number number is so huge(AF 76XXX) that am confused at the moment. I really want to do AOS but time is not on my side. Anybody has experience with large numbers such as mine? Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hi thomen,

Congratulations on your very smooth interview. Your IO was really cool.
What can I say "May all IOs be like him!"
Congratulations again, Enjoy your new status...

Thank you all!

Congrats drake, crucian, thoman and all the others who got good news these last couple of days. I got a couple of little updates myself...just reassuring me that my case is headed on the right direction :)
Ohhhh happy days :)

Hi Norkira,

It is good to hear that your process has started.
Your case is indeed headed on the right direction.
Congratulations on your NOAs...

Congrats drake, crucian, thoman and all the others who got good news these last couple of days. I got a couple of little updates myself...just reassuring me that my case is headed on the right direction :)
Ohhhh happy days :)

Hi Norkira,

It is good to hear that your process has started.
Your case is indeed headed on the right direction.
Congratulations on your NOAs...

Thanks capeolive, looks like our dates are pretty close. We'll definitely be going through the same stuff soon :) Best of luck to you :)

Thank you all!

This is great! I'm happy that everything went very smoothly for you! Congratulations!

No, I have not had any news regarding my case. Thanks for asking. I was hoping to see at least LUDs on my cases (the employment-based and DV) but nothing. The wait is awful!

My last LUD is when I had the biometrics done at the end of November/2009.[/QUOTE]

Hang in there my friend, I know the wait is just awful, but continue to be patient. You are almost there!

Hang in there my friend, I know the wait is just awful, but continue to be patient. You are almost there!

Thanks Daima and thomen for the encouraging words. I know I got to be patient and I hope that my case is still moving even though there are no LUDs on the online case status application.