• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi

Can someone tell me if this is normal. On 3/8/10, I received my letter for my biometrics scheduled for 3/22/10. Today, 3/10/10 my spouse received a letter for biometrics scheduled for 3/24/10. My daughter's letter has not yet come, I guess I should expect it in another 2 days

My question - Is it normal to give different dates for biometrics to be done? Our NOA's came on the same day in different envelopes.

Will our interveiws be done on the same day?

Was expecting all our paper work to progress together.

Would appreciate your valuable inputs / experience.

Congrats! Yes it is normal, my husband's Bio appt was 3 days earlier than mine, but we both went to his date and they allowed us to take them. So don't worry.

Thank you everyone for your advices, capeolive, zapatos, middle.com, sogdian.

middle.com I was tangled up with my studies and work. But I did read about you and gdh, I was just waiting for my letters in order to have something to share as well. I almost messed it up again. I missed the biometrics appointment and went there the next day, they rescheduled it and we took it 2 days later.

capeolive, you are right, my high school certificate was at the university from where I graduated long time ago. My parents went there and somehow got it and made notarized translations, scanned and sent me, and then they sent it via regular postal mail (I told them because I though I had enough time).
The sent it over a month ago.
I am worried now. I did what you suggested, Sogdian, my parents got another duplicate of my birth certificate from the civil registry center back home, I probably will ask them to expedite it. I agree that the embassy will not help, if it doesn't create more problems.
But there is no way of getting another copy of high school certificate.
When I applied for Green Card Lottery, I chose master's level for the highest level of attainment. Wouldn't it be sufficient if I present my diplomas and transcripts of my bachelor's and master's degrees? I am right now in a PhD program.

Congratulations Ahad! Just be sure to have originals of everything you submitted, they may or may not ask, but better safe than sorry. I think most of us have a degree or two higher than high school, but still they required to see the HS, so it's the policy. All the best as you prepare for the interview.

Hi 2010FORME,

You can go to ASC on the day of the first biometrics appointment.
In this kind of cases they usually accept walk-in biometrics.
Try to go there early though...

Hi

Can someone tell me if this is normal. On 3/8/10, I received my letter for my biometrics scheduled for 3/22/10. Today, 3/10/10 my spouse received a letter for biometrics scheduled for 3/24/10. My daughter's letter has not yet come, I guess I should expect it in another 2 days

My question - Is it normal to give different dates for biometrics to be done? Our NOA's came on the same day in different envelopes.

Will our interveiws be done on the same day?

Was expecting all our paper work to progress together.

Would appreciate your valuable inputs / experience.

Hi,
I recieved my NOA with the notice date 02/08. But I have not recieved biometrics appointment notice or anything. When I checked my case update online, I saw that the last update they made was on 03/03 and today is already 03/10. Usually, I have seen NOA is followed by Biometrics soon. But not mine. Can anyone have any suggestions what I should do now?

As I understood from other guys experience that everything depends on the Field Office, some of them works fast some works slow. You can schedule your Infopass and ask them about your biometrics appointment, it can help! Concerining your online statuse, they do not post everything, it's not well developed system yet. In my case i could not see my status till i did my biometrics, after that I can check only i-485 and i-765 (till now the status never changed) and I still can not check my i-131 (it says that my case number cannot be found). So don't worry about online status, just go and talk to your local USCIS. Good luck!!!

Hi antar45,

I think you can schedule an InfoPass for next week.
Hopefully you'll get your biometrics appointment letter
and you won't have to go for your InfoPass apppointment.
As for case update system they are still working on it
to improve the system. Do not rely on it alone...

Hi,
I recieved my NOA with the notice date 02/08. But I have not recieved biometrics appointment notice or anything. When I checked my case update online, I saw that the last update they made was on 03/03 and today is already 03/10. Usually, I have seen NOA is followed by Biometrics soon. But not mine. Can anyone have any suggestions what I should do now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys anyone here waiting for interview letter from the LA uscis I did my bio on the 22 DEC 09 I think due to the xmas period and what not the wait time will be a little longer If anybody could let me know their wait time at this office that would be comforting. As I may very well go insane before it arrives.

Hi steve2010,

Waiting is tough especially in an expedited application.
Most of the applicants in the forum interviewed between
20-60 days after biometrics. You have been waiting way too long.

What you can do is:
1. Make an InfoPass (if it doesn't work make another one)
2. Call KCC and find out if your file has been requested by Los Angeles Field Office yet
3. Call USCIS
4. You can write to USCIS or NBC
5. Finally you can go to your congressman's office
6. Be nice to the people you talk
7. Be positive and do what you can.

I hope you get your interview letter soon...

Hi Guys anyone here waiting for interview letter from the LA uscis I did my bio on the 22 DEC 09 I think due to the xmas period and what not the wait time will be a little longer If anybody could let me know their wait time at this office that would be comforting. As I may very well go insane before it arrives.

You are mistaken Capeolive. Some of us have been waiting for more than 3 months after the biometrics to receive the interview letter. I will take my case, I have been waiting for 3 months. I did my bimetrics on Nov 2nd and received the interview letter on Jan28th. It depends on the field office. I will suggest that he makes an infopass often just to remind them that his case is over there. But for now. I do not see nothing wrong with his case.
Linda where are you and is it going? I have my interview on Monday.
Hi steve2010,

Waiting is tough especially in an expedited application.
Most of the applicants in the forum interviewed between
20-60 days after biometrics. You have been waiting way too long.

What you can do is:
1. Make an InfoPass (if it doesn't work make another one)
2. Call KCC and find out if your file has been requested by Los Angeles Field Office yet
3. Call USCIS
4. You can write to USCIS or NBC
5. Finally you can go to your congressman's office
6. Be nice to the people you talk
7. Be positive and do what you can.

I hope you get your interview letter soon...

Hello 2010FORME,

I think it is normal to get biometrics appointments in different days. My wife and I got the appointments for the same day but hers was in the morning and mine in the afternoon. I have read of some people going together, even though their appointments are for different days, and they don't seem to mind taking the biometrics all together.

My 8yo child did not get a biometrics appointment. I called the service number, printed in the biometrics appt letter, and they told me that it is not required for her.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply i2009.

We have our appts as follows

Mine - 3/22/10 at 10am

My husband and daughter (15yrs) - 3/24/10 at 10am

We are trying to take a chance and go for the biometrics on 3/22/10 at 10 am for all 3 of us.
Has anybody in this forum expericenced a similar situation and was allowed to combine the biometrics with that of the family member who has the earliest appt.? Doing it together is it okay or would it create problems and best left on the dates mentioned in the appt letter.

Thank you.

Hi 2010FORME,

You can go to ASC on the day of the first biometrics appointment.
In this kind of cases they usually accept walk-in biometrics.
Try to go there early though...

Thank you capeolive.
I only hope this will not cause any confusion not going as per their specified date.

Mine - 3/22/10 at 10am

We are trying to take a chance and go for the biometrics on 3/22/10 at 10 am for all 3 of us.
Has anybody in this forum expericenced a similar situation and was allowed to combine the biometrics with that of the family member who has the earliest appt.? Doing it together is it okay or would it create problems and best left on the dates mentioned in the appt letter.

Thank you.
I believe you all can give your biometric information at once during your appointment. It takes 5 min. to take biometric information from each person. Just go together and try.

Mine - 3/22/10 at 10am

Thank you.

Hello 2010FORME,

I don't think that it would create any confusion if you all have the biometrics done at the same time, it seems to be an automated process, they scan the barcode in the appointment letters (they don't need the file to be present at the time of the biometrics). But, this is USCIS, anything could happen...

Good luck!

new one,

As per i2009 if you have Alien number write it down if not put n/a.
Just to clarify "if you have filed any application with USCIS and got
a 9 digit number with NOAs and EAD looks like AXXXXXXXXX or
A# XXX-XXX-XXX you have it if not put n/a
Take your time with application and make sure not to make any mistakes.
Before you send it make a copy of the file you send.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to ask...

Hi guys,
I have one question.....
What do we need put in G325A as FILE NUMBER???

Thanks

Capeolive,
Thanks for fast answer. So, no I didn't get any NOA jet, so I don't have any A#. Should I just leave that blank or write none?

I think I am fine with everything else, waiting for my number become current and I will sent all to Chicago.

You are guys amazing, helped me a lot. Last night I finished reading all 100 pages.......and now I am little bit relaxed because I saw all your good experiences.
Congratulations to all you guys!!! Thanks you are sharing your experience with us.

Hi new one,

You can just put n/a then.
Check out April Visa Bulletin probably it will be out today or tomorrow.
As soon as it is out check bottom of the page for:
C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY
if your number is current you are good to go.

I have to clarify something though:
We are not "gays" amazing, rather we are "GUYS" amazing. Please edit your post!

Capeolive,
Thanks for fast answer. So, no I didn't get any NOA jet, so I don't have any A#. Should I just leave that blank or write none?

I think I am fine with everything else, waiting for my number become current and I will sent all to Chicago.

You are gays amazing, helped me a lot. Last night I finished reading all 100 pages.......and now I am little bit relaxed because I saw all your good experiences.
Congratulations to all you guys!!! Thanks you are sharing your experience with us.

Capeolive,

You are guys amazing, helped me a lot. Last night I finished reading all 100 pages.......and now I am little bit relaxed because I saw all your good experiences.

Soooorry :D

April Visa Bulletin is out:

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_4747.html

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN MAY

For May, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA 39,200

Except:
Egypt: 23,600
Ethiopia: 22,500
Nigeria: 16,200

ASIA 16,400

EUROPE 29,250

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 4

OCEANIA 1,100

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,200