• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Online status update

For those who are still waiting for the interview letter; did your online status change at all since you submitted the AOS package? I submitted mine more than a month ago..I did my biometrics last week..My online status shows just "acceptance". It doesnt even say initial review.. I am trying to find out if this is normal or not. Thanks.

Online status update

For those who are still waiting for the interview letter; did your online status change at all since you submitted the AOS package? I submitted mine more than a month ago..I did my biometrics last week..My online status shows just "acceptance". It doesnt even say initial review.. I am trying to find out if this is normal or not. Thanks.

Hello cm1979, to your question, the answer is "no", nothing change on the online status : the same date from the beginning when they sended out the NOA with "acceptance" status...and I don't expect that it would change until they adjudicate the case after the interview.

SSN

For those interested. I decided to go to the SSA today and YES, as a PR you get a SS Card without any restriction. I will update you on that when I receive my new card. They actually took the old one.

Thank you Daima for the information. I'll keep it in mind when I get my CG.

Do you know if we will need to update the Driver License as well. I remember that my wife, when she got her EAD back in 2007, needed to update hers.

Online status update

Hello cm1979,

My online status for the I-485 still is in Acceptance, the I-131 and I-765 are in initial review. There were several LUDs, specially after the biometric appointment, but the status never changed.

My daughter's AP was approved and mailed but the online status still shows "Initial Review"

Good luck

Thank you Daima for the information. I'll keep it in mind when I get my CG.

Do you know if we will need to update the Driver License as well. I remember that my wife, when she got her EAD back in 2007, needed to update hers.

You should update it after the GC. In Florida at least, they put immigration info in the DL. So after GC, if you go, they should remove the "temporary" label from the DL. That's what they do in Fl. Also heard that prices are going up starting Jan for DL too. Although I haven't confirmed it yet.

You should update it after the GC. In Florida at least, they put immigration info in the DL. So after GC, if you go, they should remove the "temporary" label from the DL. That's what they do in Fl. Also heard that prices are going up starting Jan for DL too. Although I haven't confirmed it yet.

Can't wait to get that Temporary off, I'm due for a renewal next month! Actually the prices have changed already since September, it's ridiculous how high the are now! But I heard those other changes will take effect in January.

Hello cm1979, to your question, the answer is "no", nothing change on the online status : the same date from the beginning when they sended out the NOA with "acceptance" status...and I don't expect that it would change until they adjudicate the case after the interview.

Thanks a lot Happy 2010 and I2009. i am feeling definitely better now.

Finally some good news before Christmas!

So, I had infopass appointment yesterday. Went there and the after checking in I was called in one of the windows. Told the person there about my case that I had my interview on Nov 19th and I had received a letter request of evidence. I told him that I sent that already. Then he says oh so you should be hearing about your case anywhere from now to 6 months. I was like 6 months! I knew I was not going to get any more answers from that person so I told him if he could check if the letter I sent was with my file and if anything else was missing. He told me he could check that. He said he would order my file and asked me to wait.
I was just there waiting watching TV then I don't know it it was a coincidence or a miracle... The officer who took my interview was there talking to another lady at one of the windows. Once they were done I asked the lady if I could speak to the officer. I remembered his name from the interview and he said he was not supposed to be there but he just came to pick something. I told him that it would be quick. As soon as I introduced myself and told him mine was a DV case he said he remembered. He took the letter from me and made a copy and he said he was going to look at my case later that day. So I thanked him and wished him happy holidays. So I went to the mall and around 4:15 p.m. I received two texts saying there were updates on my case. I was eager to know what happened and to my surprise when I went online to check my case there it was. This is the message I saw for me and my wife
On December 21, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
So there it goes. I was so relieved and thankful for that officer. I think I was at the right place at the right time. It's almost over now. I am very happy. My case got approved just before Christmas....

So, I had infopass appointment yesterday. My case got approved just before Christmas....

Congrats simple man. I am so happy for you. It always helps to be able to talk to the right person.

And a reminder for everyone else who have to go to the interview ... take extra docs ... don't give them a chance to send a RFE as that delays the case.

Happy holidays simple man.:)

Congrats simple man. I am so happy for you. It always helps to be able to talk to the right person.

And a reminder for everyone else who have to go to the interview ... take extra docs ... don't give them a chance to send a RFE as that delays the case.

Thanks cooldude. I totally agree. Take all your documents even if you think you don't need them. You never know what the officer may ask. I thought I had everything with me but I missed out one document and that just delayed my case.

So, I had infopass appointment yesterday....I am very happy. My case got approved just before Christmas....

Wow simple man, so happy for you. Amazing how things worked out for you in the InfoPass. Now, you too are among the lucky ones with a great x-mas present.

I am very happy for all of you that already got their GCs and/or CPO. I hope that the rest would have a smooth and quick process in 2010. All the best guys!

I would also like to add to your suggestion something that I read in previous years forum. Try to get the contact information from the Immigration Officer, sometimes they are willing to provide their email address and/or phone number to contact them if you don't hear from them in 30 days.

A couple of months ago a high ranked person from USCIS gave an interview stating how much money USCIS needs and already spoke about increasing the fees for visa's, etc....so I expected that to happen, just as them being harder to approve GC for people who can't proof income, or have a sponsor or funding as this man was stating USCIS will have to check more backgrounds and only approve people who won't become a liability.

If they deny people (example) who apply under the DV lottery who already paid their fees which are non refundable, USCIS will make more money and after all everything in the US is a business and the lottery is making money and for sure not losing money.

The Dem. want to give illegals a path to become legal aliens and if they do so they have to look at legal aliens who want a GC as well or the government will face many lawsuits or class action lawsuits.

They just can't make poor illegals, legal without charging them a penny while legals have to pay so much more and are under such a scrutiny of backgrounds checks and funding checks, while others came here illegaly without a check and given the same rights as others who paid thousands...

Probably next yr the fees will increase a lot...in Fl. drivers licens fees increased from $ 15.- to $ 48.- and unless you have a GC or are a citizen, you have to renew the drivers license every yr or more, which is a lot of money....If you have a family of 4 who all are driving it is for sure not cheap.

I have friends who have a home here and travel on a tourist visa so leaving every 3 months...have a car over here and both have to pay every 3 months for a new drivers license which is 6 x $ 48.- per yr. for 2 people....luckily they can afford it, but some States give even drivers licenses to illegals and I wonder if they get it for longer than 3 months than a legal person....

Sounds unfair doesn't it!

Probably next yr the fees will increase a lot...in Fl. drivers licens fees increased from $ 15.- to $ 48.- and unless you have a GC or are a citizen, you have to renew the drivers license every yr or more, which is a lot of money....If you have a family of 4 who all are driving it is for sure not cheap.

I have friends who have a home here and travel on a tourist visa so leaving every 3 months...have a car over here and both have to pay every 3 months for a new drivers license which is 6 x $ 48.- per yr. for 2 people....luckily they can afford it, but some States give even drivers licenses to illegals and I wonder if they get it for longer than 3 months than a legal person....

Sounds unfair doesn't it!

Just went to the DL office and renewed the DL and paid $54.25. Didn't want to even ask what the other $6.25 [Edited: Just checked $6.25 is the Tax collector service fee!!! as if what was paid was not enough] as the DL renewal is for $48, as you said (in FL). I did ask when the DL which will be sent in the mail will expire, and i was told in 2017. Now that sounded like music to my ears :) especially paying $20 last year for renewal for only one year, and of course from this year, as your friends are paying ... that is pure abuse.

I would also like to add to your suggestion something that I read in previous years forum. Try to get the contact information from the Immigration Officer, sometimes they are willing to provide their email address and/or phone number to contact them if you don't hear from them in 30 days.

Very true indeed. Thanks for adding that i2009.

Mistaken about price increase in Jan

I was mistaken about price increase in Jan. Starting Jan, in FL, it would be required to take some docs when you go for renewal of DL. This is what it says:

Beginning January 1, 2010, Florida will have new documentation requirements for residents renewing or obtaining a new driver license or identification card. For office visits, you must bring original documents that prove your identity, social security number and residential address.

So, I had infopass appointment yesterday. Went there and the after checking in I was called in one of the windows. Told the person there about my case that I had my interview on Nov 19th and I had received a letter request of evidence. I told him that I sent that already. Then he says oh so you should be hearing about your case anywhere from now to 6 months. I was like 6 months! I knew I was not going to get any more answers from that person so I told him if he could check if the letter I sent was with my file and if anything else was missing. He told me he could check that. He said he would order my file and asked me to wait.
I was just there waiting watching TV then I don't know it it was a coincidence or a miracle... The officer who took my interview was there talking to another lady at one of the windows. Once they were done I asked the lady if I could speak to office Dave. I remembered his name from the interview and he said he was not supposed to be there but he just came to pick something. I told him that it would be quick. As soon as I introduced myself and told him mine was a DV case he said he remembered. He took the letter from me and made a copy and he said he was going to look at my case later that day. So I thanked him and wished him happy holidays. So I went to the mall and around 4:15 p.m. I received two texts saying there were updates on my case. I was eager to know what happened and to my surprise when I went online to check my case there it was. This is the message I saw for me and my wife
On December 21, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
So there it goes. I was so relieved and thankful for that officer. I think I was at the right place at the right time. It's almost over now. I am very happy. My case got approved just before Christmas....

Congratulations, Simapleman! This is greaat news, I'm very happy for you and your family!

Enjoy your Holidays!

So, I had infopass appointment yesterday. Went there and the after checking in I was called in one of the windows.....

Congratulations Simpleman!!! I'm so happy for you.