• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi, it seems many threads here are by H1 visa holders which permits dual intent that is applying for a permanent residency status. Can someone let me know what happens to the F1 visa when applying for the adjustment of status? Is the F1 visa automatically cancelled, if yes how does the person remain enrolled in school to finish the studies. Is the risk of not being able to get the green card high, and if yes does the person risk obtaining a nonimmigrant visa in the future? Many sites on the web says so, hence it seems it is quite risky and scary to continue on the next stages by applying to adjustment of status.

I would be very happy if someone can help resolving some of these issues. Thank you so much.

Hi Simpleman and other lucky winners who recently got GC,

Congratulation. It is great news and am sure is great holiday gift. Hope 2010 will speed up the process and we will also be lucky to get DV processed faster than 2009 for Asia.

Happy Holiday and Happy New Year 2010.

Again, anyone doing AOS for Fresno, CA field office?

Hi, it seems many threads here are by H1 visa holders which permits dual intent that is applying for a permanent residency status. Can someone let me know what happens to the F1 visa when applying for the adjustment of status? Is the F1 visa automatically cancelled, if yes how does the person remain enrolled in school to finish the studies. Is the risk of not being able to get the green card high, and if yes does the person risk obtaining a nonimmigrant visa in the future? Many sites on the web says so, hence it seems it is quite risky and scary to continue on the next stages by applying to adjustment of status.

I would be very happy if someone can help resolving some of these issues. Thank you so much.

Hi oceu,

This topic has been discussed plenty of times in this thread too and others also. You can search the threads for this info. couple links are:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=287248&highlight=DV+AOS+F1+visa

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=280064&highlight=DV+AOS+F1+visa

Merry Christmas!!!

congratulations to all who have recently received their Green Cards. :)

I am still waiting for my Biometric notice and interview notice. Hopefully things will pick up after the holiday.

Merry Christmas to all!!!:D

Welcome letters received.

Thank you so much everyone. Received the welcome letters today which I thought was pretty quick. My journey is almost over...
Happy Holidays everyone and wishing everyone all the best with your cases. Just make sure you have all the documents. More than you think you might need and everything will go smoothly.

Thank you all once again.

Green Card Received!!!

Green card received today!!! Wonderful Christmas present!! :D:D Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and thank you all for your support!

Blue

Thank you so much everyone. Received the welcome letters today which I thought was pretty quick. My journey is almost over...
Happy Holidays everyone and wishing everyone all the best with your cases. Just make sure you have all the documents. More than you think you might need and everything will go smoothly.

Congrats simpleman!

Congratulation simple man and BlueT41! Great news right before Christmas :).
I also got wonderful SMS early this morning, that my card prod ordered. :)

Happy Holidays and good luck to everybody who is still waiting. I'm sure that everything should move smoothly in 2010.

Happy Holidays and good luck to everybody who is still waiting. I'm sure that everything should move smoothly in 2010.

Congrats Agentsmith. Excellent news and very good timing. Enjoy the holidays.:)

Congrats, I'm glad things are moving!

Yaaay, Congrats Simpleman, your card is on the way!

Hi All,

I received my and my wife's EAD cards in the mail on the 24th. I thought I received the interview appointments but when I opened the envelopes there is the EAD card. Since I am on H1B and working already not a big change but I guess it shows things are moving.
Hope to see my interview appointment soon...

2010EU000126*** (Region: Philadelphia)
May 18 NL received
May 27 DSP122+Barcode page sent to KCC
May 29 AOS payment sent
July 14 received KCC letter of receipt AOS
Aug 03 AOS payment receipt received
Oct 29 I-693 form completed by the Doctor
Nov 10 AOS package ready number become available
Nov 11 AOS package sent by UPS
Nov 12 AOS package received 11/12/2009 9:29 A.M.
Nov 19 Check is cashed
Nov 19 I-485 and I-765 receipt notices received via mail.
Dec 3 Received Appointment date for fingerprint on 12/16/09.
Dec 16 Biometrics Done.
Dec 24 I-765 applications approved, EAD cards received.

Hi All,

I received my and my wife's EAD cards in the mail on the 24th. I thought I received the interview appointments but when I opened the envelopes there is the EAD card. Since I am on H1B and working already not a big change but I guess it shows things are moving.

2010EU000126*** (Region: Philadelphia)
May 18 NL received
May 27 DSP122+Barcode page sent to KCC
May 29 AOS payment sent
July 14 received KCC letter of receipt AOS
Aug 03 AOS payment receipt received
Oct 29 I-693 form completed by the Doctor
Nov 10 AOS package ready number become available
Nov 11 AOS package sent by UPS
Nov 12 AOS package received 11/12/2009 9:29 A.M.
Nov 19 Check is cashed
Nov 19 I-485 and I-765 receipt notices received via mail.
Dec 3 Received Appointment date for fingerprint on 12/16/09.
Dec 16 Biometrics Done.
Dec 24 I-765 applications approved, EAD cards received.

Congratulations ayataf. I hope you receive your interview letter soon. I heard you about your H1B and the EAD but it means that your case is moving. That's great news.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone. I am so happy that my case is finally over.
I am sure green card is on the way. Will keep you all posted.

I will be around even after receiving the green cards. This place has been very helpful so I have to be around to help others too.

Hi All,

Congrats Ayataf. Any progress is good news. We hope to hear about your interview letter soon too. You can add your info about the dates in your signature. The way you do that can click on "User CP" in the menu on the webpage, then on the left side you will see many options, among which is, edit signature. You can go and add it over there and save it. All the best on your case.

SS card updated - restrictions removed

Hi everyone,

Just checked the mail after 3 days ... found my SS card. It does not have any restrictions anymore:) Just says the SS number, name, date issued and place for signature. It says on the instructions which come with the card not to laminate it! Wonder why!