• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

1.In order to be considered for the in-state tuition, do we have to wait after we get the GC, or the previous residency without GC counts?

2.Even if we are not considered as a in-state, can we still get Financial aid, right after we get the card ( considering i have no tax return at all) ? I asked Financial Aid office several times but they kept saying" come back when you get the card "

Thanks

(btw what does "HR" refers to ? )

As others have stated...different schools different policies...but I can tell you my friend is getting In-State grants even though her parents and her primary residence away from College isn't in the same State as her school is.

She even has additional scholarship grants....as a visa holder.

Congrats i2009. It is always good to hear progress. Hope that you get the interview letter soon.

Thanks cooldude,

I had an infopass last Friday and the Officer told me that my case was pending and not appointment has been scheduled. Then, she was all confused about my other AOS process and the DV case. She wasn't able to tell me if she was talking about the employment-base or the dv AOS. She was nice, as opposed of the other people in the USCIS office, but not knowledgeable.

So, after all the burden of driving to the USCIS office, waiting in a long line outside in the cold, being treated badly, I got not answer but more questions. I guess that I have to get used to this...

Thanks cooldude,

I had an infopass last Friday and the Officer told me that my case was pending and not appointment has been scheduled. Then, she was all confused about my other AOS process and the DV case. She wasn't able to tell me if she was talking about the employment-base or the dv AOS. She was nice, as opposed of the other people in the USCIS office, but not knowledgeable.

So, after all the burden of driving to the USCIS office, waiting in a long line outside in the cold, being treated badly, I got not answer but more questions. I guess that I have to get used to this...

Today I went to an infopass appt. and got no help at all. All they said is they are waiting for our files to get to their office before they would schedule an interview. I just hope it does not take them too long to do so.

Today I went to an infopass appt. and got no help at all. All they said is they are waiting for our files to get to their office before they would schedule an interview. I just hope it does not take them too long to do so.

Hello IceMan,

I was hoping that they would give you some information regarding your case. I really don't understand how these offices work.

I hope you receive your interview letter soon.

Good luck!

Hello i2009,

I am still waiting for the interview letter and no change on the status on USCIS web site on my case.
Seems like, We are on the same page at the moment. Hopefully, we can get our interview date soon and be done with it in a nice way.

2010EU000126*** (Region: Philadelphia)
May 18 NL received
May 27 DSP122+Barcode page sent to KCC
May 29 AOS payment sent
July 14 received KCC letter of receipt AOS
Aug 03 AOS payment receipt received
Oct 29 I-693 form completed by the Doctor
Nov 10 AOS package ready number become available
Nov 11 AOS package sent by UPS
Nov 12 AOS package received 11/12/2009 9:29 A.M.
Nov 19 Check is cashed
Nov 19 I-485 and I-765 receipt notices received via mail.
Dec 3 Received Appointment date for fingerprint on 12/16/09.
Dec 16 Biometrics Done.

i2009 and Iceman, sorry to hear about your disappointing Infopass trips. Hopefully things will pick up after the holidays.

Just received wife's Perm Res card. My namecheck still pending.

Congrat to everybody who received their cards and / or had successfull interview.

Thanks cooldude,

You are welcome i2009. In the situation you were in, would it have helped if you asked for the supervisor to tell you with regards to your DV case? I know it is kind of difficult to ask for supervisor as it could upset the person you are dealing with. Well i hope for the best for everyone.

But didn't you already asked KCC and they said the file hasn't been requested as yet. Maybe you should have mentioned that KCC is waiting for the request from them to send the file. Ohh ... i wish these people at least try to sincerely help those who depend on them.

10 years!:):)

Daima,

Did you get a chance to go to the SS office? I think it is important to make sure the SS thing is updated. Some states use E-verify to see if you can work. If the SS office does not update your info, it could cause some problems which would then have to be fixed later on. Better get things done right from the start. Will keep everyone happy later.;)

Ice Man, even all my files are already at the field office,the name check is cleared and nothing is missing for adjudication ( that is what the local field office IO told me during my infopass visit last week), I was told to be patient and not to expect anything before beginning of january.So, somehow, it is good news to know that all the files are there, and now... all I just need is "more patience" for the waiting until january. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Same here...

Ice Man, even all my files are already at the field office,the name check is cleared and nothing is missing for adjudication ( that is what the local field office IO told me during my infopass visit last week), I was told to be patient and not to expect anything before beginning of january.So, somehow, it is good news to know that all the files are there, and now... all I just need is "more patience" for the waiting until january. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm in the same bus... My file is there, I saw it..touched it... aaarrgggg...
just need the appointment :eek:

Well.. at least is Christmas :D

Hi All,

It seems I was out of touch. Congratulation to everyone who has received GC...what a perfect Christmas gift. Wish all of you Happy holiday and good luck.

I am wondering if there is anyone whose local USCIS office is Fresno, CA? If anyone had experience working with this local office?

Daima,

Did you get a chance to go to the SS office? I think it is important to make sure the SS thing is updated. Some states use E-verify to see if you can work. If the SS office does not update your info, it could cause some problems which would then have to be fixed later on. Better get things done right from the start. Will keep everyone happy later.;)

I'm planning to go there tomorrow!

You are welcome i2009. In the situation you were in, would it have helped if you asked for the supervisor to tell you with regards to your DV case? I know it is kind of difficult to ask for supervisor as it could upset the person you are dealing with. Well i hope for the best for everyone.

Hello cooldude,

I will try to talk to a supervisor next time that I have an InfoPass. I have a strong feeling that Philadelphia is not the best field office; I will have to be more patient.

Thanks for the advice.

SSN

For those interested. I decided to go to the SSA today and YES, as a PR you get a SS Card without any restriction. I will update you on that when I receive my new card. They actually took the old one.