• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Yes I would pay in-state fees as far as i can confirm my residency status in Florida with the university i am applying to. This of course has to be done before the semester starts. Part of that requirement is to show lease of one year (showing you were resident in Florida for at least 1 year), and also employment verification of one year in Florida. So in your case you should be able to do that in NY. If you want to come to FL, for example, you will be paying out of state fees for at least a year. If you want to come south, find some work for about a year and then apply for school to get in-state fees. You are still young .... good luck. :)

That's right. Actually, my husband was able to change his status right away, so from next semester he'll be able to pay Instate Tuition for his MS.

thanks cooldude and bentlebee.
simpleman, go to uscis and do not come up with no answer at all. ask them if everything is alright, if yes why haven't you received anything yet? how long will it take until you received any updades? if no, what else do they need? good luck!!!!!!!!

waiting for Interview

Hi Guys!

I got some help from you for a few things and seems like things are going okay for me. I got my biometrics done on Wednesday and waiting for Interview.
Just wanted to let you know

2010EU000126*** (Region: Philadelphia)
May 18 NL received
May 27 DSP122+Barcode page sent to KCC
May 29 AOS payment sent
July 14 received KCC letter of receipt AOS
Aug 03 AOS payment receipt received
Oct 29 I-693 form completed by the Doctor
Nov 10 AOS package ready number become available
Nov 11 AOS package sent by UPS
Nov 12 AOS package received 11/12/2009 9:29 A.M.
Nov 19 Check is cashed
Nov 19 I-485 and I-765 receipt notices received via mail.
Dec 3 Received Appointment date for fingerprint on 12/16/09.
Dec 16 Biometrics Done.

Hi Guys!

I got some help from you for a few things and seems like things are going okay for me. I got my biometrics done on Wednesday and waiting for Interview.

May 18 NL received
May 29 AOS payment sent
Nov 19 Check is cashed
Dec 16 Biometrics Done.

My friend had her biometrics done yesterday and it went very quick...like 5 min. in and out!:), and now her case status changed and for the first time there is a case update online:)

Congratulations for all who have already got the GC by now and best of luck for all who are awaiting for the GC.
I saw the following in the "instructions for I-134"

"If you are sponsoring more than one alien, you must submit a separate form for each alien. You must sign form I-134 in your full name. (Note:Signing form I-134 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law)".

Can anyone please explain what "You must sign form I-134 in your full name" means? Does it mean that the sponsor has to provide the full name instead of the signature in the relevant space?
Thanks

Signature is required on the last line (even if the sponsor wants to write the name and then sign). Just writing the name would not be sufficient. If you see the instructions it says since it is under penalty of perjury, it is not required to sign the I-134 form in front of a notary ... but signature is what is required. I had my sponsor's copy of the DL too which matched his signature to the I-134. Although i did not submit it as it was not asked for.

Hey guys, i got 2 questions. Do you send a copy of the I-20 along with the forms to chicago? I got a problem filling out the I-765 form: question 16) which category are we? what about question 17?

Hey guys, i got 2 questions. Do you send a copy of the I-20 along with the forms to chicago? I got a problem filling out the I-765 form: question 16) which category are we? what about question 17?

Hi, I am on F-1 visa also

First when i send out the package, i didn't send my I-20 since i can't find it.
During the interview, they ask for me...

the I-765
Q.15 i put student, pending I-485
Q.16 Blank
Q.17 BlanK

thx June620..do u have any idea about how to get the birth certificate translated by a certified translator? My english is pretty fluent to do it but they require a certified one :(

thx June620..do u have any idea about how to get the birth certificate translated by a certified translator? My english is pretty fluent to do it but they require a certified one :(

Oh this one is really easy, the possible way and recognizable way is you translated the birth certificate and then bring your ID to the notary then the lotary signed the things say it is affivdant of true translation...they always accept notarized document

Can't you request an official International birth certificae at your city hall, or government body where birth are registred? In Europe it only takes a phone call and a few Euro's to obtain it...:)

Signature is required on the last line (even if the sponsor wants to write the name and then sign). Just writing the name would not be sufficient. If you see the instructions it says since it is under penalty of perjury, it is not required to sign the I-134 form in front of a notary ... but signature is what is required. I had my sponsor's copy of the DL too which matched his signature to the I-134. Although i did not submit it as it was not asked for.

Thanks cooldude06_78.

I am starting to get concerned now. No updates on my case and I had my interview a month ago.... Everyone else is having a smooth ride but me :confused:.
I have infopass appointment for Monday. I don't know if they will be of any help but I'll take my papers and my passport with me.
So I have a question. How long does it take to review the case again once they receive the ROE document. They received my document on 11/30 according to USPS.

By the way congratulations to everyone whose cases have been approved.

Good luck on Monday Simple Man. I think that they should not take long to review a case when they have all the papers they need. I have heard that InfoPasses sometimes help to get the cases moving. I hope the Immigration Officer is willing to help you.

Keep us posted!

Hi Guys!

May 18 NL received
May 29 AOS payment sent
Nov 19 Check is cashed
Dec 16 Biometrics Done.

Hello ayataf,

I too am from the Philadelphia area and I am waiting for the interview notice. I had an infopass yesterday and the Officer did not know anything about DV. I don't think she knows about AOS at all. She was all confused.

After the biometrics it is very likely that you see LUDs changes. It seems that it is because the communications between the USCIS and FBI for the name check.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Update: I received the Advance Parole for my daughter. The online LUDs have been changing a lot on her case even though the current status is the same as before "Initial Review".

Update: I received the Advance Parole for my daughter. The online LUDs have been changing a lot on her case even though the current status is the same as before "Initial Review".

Good! Congrats, that means your case is moving. Hope you get your interview letter soon.

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding the form i 134. Do i have to provide any other documentation other than the form ( maybe a copy of the sponsors passport etc.) Would it be enough if have someone fill out he form only?

Thank you, and good luck to all of us ...

HI to all

Just to let u guys know. I posted a mesg two weeks ago about the phone call from USCIS. Turned out everything is legit. The officer called me on Wednesday and scheduled my appointment for the 16th. My spouse and me went to the office she told me and we had our interview. The officer was very nice and helpful. She asked the standard questions on the form. And also couple of questions about our marriage. She took our I-94 cards and told us she has to go over everything again to double check everything and that we should get our welcoming letters in the mail. Today I received a txt that the cards are approved and are ordered.:D

Wish luck to all
All the best

Congrats Obo!!!

Hi Diama
My wife is the winner for the DV2010 and she is in F2 status so she is the primary winner and me F1 the spouse.
She only has her I-20 and i-94 plus the Visa and the passport
Is this enough to proof he status
Does she need anything more from my school?
i didn't tell my international advisor about anything yet and she is new in this job and look like that she don't have good experience so I don’t like to ask her for anything to avoid any problems.
I can only get a letter from the register office regarding my enrolment classes for the spring 2010

What is your advice?
Thanks

Hi all,

I have some questions regarding the form i 134. Do i have to provide any other documentation other than the form ( maybe a copy of the sponsors passport etc.) Would it be enough if have someone fill out he form only?

Thank you, and good luck to all of us ...

Based on the form, you have to get at least 2 document from 3 choices
1) Tax Return
2) Employment letter
3) Bank statement Or proof of assets like deed,....

you need to get either two of them

also, when i went to interview, they need to get the passport copy or naturalization certificate to proof that he is the united states citizen.
So you may bear in mind.
You may also see if there is other one have different opinion