• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I guess we do not have more interviews coming up!!! That is too bad.

Yes Zapatos , it is not time to give up, not now...and like you, I went to my field office to say hello to the IO who was very relaxed and told me not to "panic",he also told me that nothing will come until the beginning of January...:D:D...right now, just wait :)

hey folks I would like to confirm sth I already know, but maybe want to ignore.
Ok there it is.I will take one of us as example. Cooldude has been granted PR, if he applies to any universities in Florida, he will pay in - state tuition and if he apply in any state other than Florida, let's say New york, he will pay as an out of state ( international student) Am I correct?

If I am asking that question it is because I am thinking about moving from NYC to the South. Right now it is a lot tough for me. I have 4 more semesters left to graduate with a BA in economics including the summer. However, I just feel confused about the economics' crisis and education right now. I am 22 and I just feel like I do not beyong in economics. I have an associate in Business administration and I took 2 semesters of economics, which I really hate. However, I do not want to loose my time thinking. I have to move forward and get my diploma, isn't it why I came to this country for?. But I just feel like I do not like it and it is killing me. I tried some advisors and they were not so convincing with their career tests. I do not know what else to do. 4 years ( 1 for the language and another for OPT which I am currently on) in this country and I should have been able to get even a lot of things but .... I know this forum is for lottery but any advise would be highly appreciated

it has only been couple weeks that i was away :) but it seems like almost everyone were able to get their greencard :) grtz to all of you.

I just did my biometrics today. I am waiting for my interview on 5th of January..
On the interview letter they did not ask anything regarding the sponsor or anything. Should i take something with me or not ?

hey folks I would like to confirm sth I already know, but maybe want to ignore.
Ok there it is.I will take one of us as example. Cooldude has been granted PR, if he applies to any universities in Florida, he will pay in - state tuition and if he apply in any state other than Florida, let's say New york, he will pay as an out of state ( international student) Am I correct?

Yes I would pay in-state fees as far as i can confirm my residency status in Florida with the university i am applying to. This of course has to be done before the semester starts. Part of that requirement is to show lease of one year (showing you were resident in Florida for at least 1 year), and also employment verification of one year in Florida. So in your case you should be able to do that in NY. If you want to come to FL, for example, you will be paying out of state fees for at least a year. If you want to come south, find some work for about a year and then apply for school to get in-state fees. You are still young .... good luck. :)

it has only been couple weeks that i was away :) but it seems like almost everyone were able to get their greencard :) grtz to all of you.

I just did my biometrics today. I am waiting for my interview on 5th of January..
On the interview letter they did not ask anything regarding the sponsor or anything. Should i take something with me or not ?

I would suggest that you take the I-134 with you, even though it might not be required. The reason is that it depends on the IO, if they think they want to see it, they can ask for it, and if you don't have it, it will just delay your case because they will send a RFE (Request for Evidence). So better to be over-prepared and not use it then to rush later.

Interview completed, decision pending
I finished the interview today. The officer reviewed all of the documents that I had submitted, every single one of them, and told me that he has to check with some other office to ensure that my status has been a full time student all along. He also mentioned that he liked to review my documents one more time in the afternoon. It toke a little bit longer than what I had expected. I got many questions but nothing I had not already answered in the forms. He was nice and polite during the interview.
I was not asked to show any other documents; he had everything needed. We will see what happens next.

For my interview i had my official transcripts for all the semesters to show i was full-time student, and for the current semester i took verification that i was enrolled full-time and that I was in good standing. Although i did not had to use any of the things i had prepared ... and i am thankful for it.

So happy

HI to all

Just to let u guys know. I posted a mesg two weeks ago about the phone call from USCIS. Turned out everything is legit. The officer called me on Wednesday and scheduled my appointment for the 16th. My spouse and me went to the office she told me and we had our interview. The officer was very nice and helpful. She asked the standard questions on the form. And also couple of questions about our marriage. She took our I-94 cards and told us she has to go over everything again to double check everything and that we should get our welcoming letters in the mail. Today I received a txt that the cards are approved and are ordered.:D

Wish luck to all
All the best

If I am asking that question it is because I am thinking about moving from NYC to the South. Right now it is a lot tough for me. I have 4 more semesters left to graduate with a BA in economics including the summer. However, I just feel confused about the economics' crisis and education right now. I am 22 and I just feel like I do not beyong in economics. I have an associate in Business administration and I took 2 semesters of economics, which I really hate. However, I do not want to loose my time thinking. I have to move forward and get my diploma, isn't it why I came to this country for?. But I just feel like I do not like it and it is killing me. I tried some advisors and they were not so convincing with their career tests. I do not know what else to do. 4 years ( 1 for the language and another for OPT which I am currently on) in this country and I should have been able to get even a lot of things but .... I know this forum is for lottery but any advise would be highly appreciated

It also depends on the school. A private University/College might handle the in State grants different than another University/College.

My friend is in another State in College and get's In-State grants although she doesn't live there, the financial aid awarded her $ 3,000.- for that. They also don't look at her as a foreign student since she doesn't have a student visa, but she has a foreign passport. It all comes down to who looks at your case. It might even be so that if you move and have a Fl. license, have proof of a rental lease, car ins.(fl), etc..they will give you the In-State since that upcoming school yr you will be living in Fl. Just ask around and explain your situation....as I said, every school can handle it different and btw...there are so many stories from people graduating in a certain field and later working great jobs, even becoming CEO of a company and their job has nothing to do with their study. A degree in Economics is great:)

HI to all

Just to let u guys know. I posted a mesg two weeks ago about the phone call from USCIS. Turned out everything is legit. The officer called me on Wednesday and scheduled my appointment for the 16th. My spouse and me went to the office she told me and we had our interview. The officer was very nice and helpful. She asked the standard questions on the form. And also couple of questions about our marriage. She took our I-94 cards and told us she has to go over everything again to double check everything and that we should get our welcoming letters in the mail. Today I received a txt that the cards are approved and are ordered.:D

Wish luck to all
All the best

Congratulations obo. Some good news from Houston, TX. Happy holidays.:)

HI to all

Wish luck to all
All the best

Congratulations obo! That was fast

Congratulations for all who have already got the GC by now and best of luck for all who are awaiting for the GC.
I saw the following in the "instructions for I-134"

"If you are sponsoring more than one alien, you must submit a separate form for each alien. You must sign form I-134 in your full name. (Note:Signing form I-134 is under penalty of perjury under U.S. law)".

Can anyone please explain what "You must sign form I-134 in your full name" means? Does it mean that the sponsor has to provide the full name instead of the signature in the relevant space?
Thanks

I received an email update: CPO for I-485 and EAD. Looks like my case is approved. I hope to get the card soon.

Awesome nnffme! Congratulations. It's great to hear that everyone is getting their GCs.

Simple man, are you going having an InfoPass next week? Anyone heard about Hani?

Good luck to all

Awesome nnffme! Congratulations. It's great to hear that everyone is getting their GCs.

Simple man, are you going having an InfoPass next week? Anyone heard about Hani?

Good luck to all

I am starting to get concerned now. No updates on my case and I had my interview a month ago.... Everyone else is having a smooth ride but me :confused:.
I have infopass appointment for Monday. I don't know if they will be of any help but I'll take my papers and my passport with me.
So I have a question. How long does it take to review the case again once they receive the ROE document. They received my document on 11/30 according to USPS.

By the way congratulations to everyone whose cases have been approved.

HI to all

Wish luck to all
All the best

Congrats, that's great news!

I am starting to get concerned now. No updates on my case and I had my interview a month ago.... Everyone else is having a smooth ride but me :confused:.
I have infopass appointment for Monday. I don't know if they will be of any help but I'll take my papers and my passport with me.
So I have a question. How long does it take to review the case again once they receive the ROE document. They received my document on 11/30 according to USPS.

By the way congratulations to everyone whose cases have been approved.

Maybe things are slowing down because of the Holidays.
We don't have any interviews coming up until January, right?

Hopefully you'll get something from your infopass.