• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hope this week will bring a lot of good news.

I hope this week brings a lot of good news. We do have a couple of interviews. All the best for those who have interviews.
I hope people waiting for interview letter receives their interview letter too.

Let's hope it's gonna be a fruitful week.

Hi everyone!
I'm one of green card lottery winners in Iran. I should do my interview in Ankara(Turkey) because Iran have not an USA embassy (like north Korea). I want to know if I want to show my afford of support via my bank account how much money I need to show?

--

Hi everyone!
I'm one of green card lottery winners in Iran. I should do my interview in Ankara(Turkey) because Iran have not an USA embassy (like north Korea). I want to know if I want to show my afford of support via my bank account how much money I need to show?

--

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...erty+guidelines+2009&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It is listed on this guideline...check what State and how many people you have applied with...

It can't come from a loan or just been added on your account previous to the interview date...they might ask you to proof where the funds came from, but that is up to the descretion of the person conducting the interview.

Hi everyone!

--

I think you should also try to get an affidavit of support form I-134. It would not be good to go all the way to another country and be short on documents which could be asked for. For bank statement, even if you have about $25000 they can still ask for affidavit of support (I-134), it has happened to others. So being over prepared is better.

Rejection Notice

Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted!

Hi Everybody,

I was in Newark immigration office last friday regarding my question about the rejection notice. The immigration officer, I dealt with do not speak a word of English . He tried to give me some outdated forms and asked about my passoport. He was no where of answering any of my questions. He tried to avoid me as fast as he can.

Anyway, because I've learned my lesson well from previous experiences. I already did my homework, thanks to you guys. I made a cover letter.Saying in capital letters that I am a DV2010 winner, I list all the docs. in my new AOS pack. I add 2 of the notification letters including the bar code page,(which by the way, I haven't seen anywhere stating, the copies should be returned with the AOS pack) , Job description letter. and finally I add a copy of my 797 rejection notice .

I did not change my answer on I485 part 2 . I still chose "h" again and wrote
"dv 2010 selectee" on the line below.

I hope this time it works.

Hi Everybody,

I was in Newark immigration office last friday regarding my question about the rejection notice. The immigration officer, I dealt with do not speak a word of English . He tried to give me some outdated forms and asked about my passoport. He was no where of answering any of my questions. He tried to avoid me as fast as he can.

Anyway, because I've learned my lesson well from previous experiences. I already did my homework, thanks to you guys. I made a cover letter.Saying in capital letters that I am a DV2010 winner, I list all the docs. in my new AOS pack. I add 2 of the notification letters including the bar code page,(which by the way, I haven't seen anywhere stating, the copies should be returned with the AOS pack) , Job description letter. and finally I add a copy of my 797 rejection notice .

I did not change my answer on I485 part 2 . I still chose "h" again and wrote
"dv 2010 selectee" on the line below.

I hope this time it works.

Ohyeahh,

It is very important as you said to make sure that all form filled up are current (not expired). This can be done by looking at the top right corner of the front page of each form as to when the form expires. You can add the barcode, although USCIS doesn't need the barcode, KCC does, but make sure you add the payment of receipt also along with the two notification letters and the bar code.

Good luck this time.

Successful interview - passport stamped, card production ordered! :)

Dear friends, I had a successful interview this morning. The officer stamped my passport with a temporary permanent residence valid for 6 months, took from me my I-94, the new EAD and AP documents (said I won't need them with a stamp in my passport) and ordered a card production (I received text while driving back home).

The officer did not ask for any of the many documents I brought with me - not a single one! Except my passport and my I-94. He did have my file in front of him with all the documents I had sent with my package. He asked many questions about my status, my parents, whether or not I intend to bring them into US, my plans after graduation, most of the questions from page 3 of I-485 (terrorist organizations etc...), how I pay for my education , port of my last entry into US and a couple more questions. I was very nervous and answered all questions with "Yes, sir; no, sir; never, sir". At some point, another officer interrupted us and handed my interviewer the latest copy of the Visa Bulletin. The officer confirmed the dates, typed something in his computer, said that the visa was available for me and stamped my passport. I should receive my GC in the mail within a few weeks.

I am happy! :) I would like to thank all of you for being here and helping each other. I hope my experience will be helpful for others as well. Good luck to all and let me know if I can be of any help!

Nervous about my interview tomorrow. I still can't find my I-94 but I did find a photocopy. I have so many copies of everything, it's probably hiding in the mix. I'll update you guys. Good luck to everyone :)

Dear friends, I had a successful interview this morning. The officer stamped my passport with a temporary permanent residence valid for 6 months, took from me my I-94, the new EAD and AP documents (said I won't need them with a stamp in my passport) and ordered a card production (I received text while driving back home).

The officer did not ask for any of the many documents I brought with me - not a single one! Except my passport and my I-94. He did have my file in front of him with all the documents I had sent with my package. He asked many questions about my status, my parents, whether or not I intend to bring them into US, my plans after graduation, most of the questions from page 3 of I-485 (terrorist organizations etc...), how I pay for my education , port of my last entry into US and a couple more questions. I was very nervous and answered all questions with "Yes, sir; no, sir; never, sir". At some point, another officer interrupted us and handed my interviewer the latest copy of the Visa Bulletin. The officer confirmed the dates, typed something in his computer, said that the visa was available for me and stamped my passport. I should receive my GC in the mail within a few weeks.

I am happy! :) I would like to thank all of you for being here and helping each other. I hope my experience will be helpful for others as well. Good luck to all and let me know if I can be of any help!

So happy for you gatorchess!! :D
I'm nervous about my interview tomorrow. I can't find my I-94, but I have a photocopy. Do you think that would be a problem? Congrats again!!:D Wish me luck!

Congratulations gatorchess!!!! Perfect interview I would say. I am happy for you.

Nervous about my interview tomorrow. I still can't find my I-94 but I did find a photocopy. I have so many copies of everything, it's probably hiding in the mix. I'll update you guys. Good luck to everyone :)

Good luck. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow!!!!!

Congratulations, Gatorchess! This is great news! What a way to start the week.

All the best to Blue, tomorrow! I'm sure we will have more good news this week!

Congrats Gatorchess. Very happy for you. Since your file was at the field office, they stamped the passport and took the I-94. Just the way the interview was suppose to be. :cool:

Good luck on your interview tomorrow Blue. I don't think it would be a problem as you have a copy of your I-94. Shows you entered legally. That is what it establishes, and I am sure they can run the I-94 number in their system to find out that it matches your info on the photocopy. If they ask for it, tell them it seems to be misplaced and that you did not apply for a new I-94 as you had a copy, if they say you need to ... then just ask them the procedure. But i don't think it would be a problem. All the best to you. Hope your interview goes as smoothly as Gatorchess's interview and you share the good news with us tomorrow.

So happy for you gatorchess!! :D
I'm nervous about my interview tomorrow. I can't find my I-94, but I have a photocopy. Do you think that would be a problem? Congrats again!!:D Wish me luck!

Thank you guys!
Blue, I don't believe not having your I-94 would be a big problem since you have a copy of it and most probably your passport shows the stamp of your last entry into US (maybe you should make a copy of that passport page as well). Try to find it today but don't worry too much if you don't, just stay cool, answer all questions with confidence and you will be all right! Best of luck tomorrow! :)

Very good Bro!!!!! congratulations, you are now a happy american resident!!!!! The long journey that started in October ended as we expected.
You will have the best holidays ever.

Best of luck to you BlueT41.

Bentlebee: i just received the biometrics appointment - see signature.

Great:) one worry less....my friend was scheduled for biometrics on Dec. 2nd but aksed it to be changed otherwise she had to buy a ticket just to do biometrics and that in the middle of doing her finals at College. She gave a couple of dates that would work for her the best and they really chose one of them, which is great:).

Another step foreward....:)