• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Successful interview - passport stamped, card production ordered! :)

Dear friends, I had a successful interview this morning. The officer stamped my passport with a temporary permanent residence valid for 6 months, took from me my I-94, the new EAD and AP documents (said I won't need them with a stamp in my passport) and ordered a card production (I received text while driving back home).

The officer did not ask for any of the many documents I brought with me - not a single one! Except my passport and my I-94. He did have my file in front of him with all the documents I had sent with my package. He asked many questions about my status, my parents, whether or not I intend to bring them into US, my plans after graduation, most of the questions from page 3 of I-485 (terrorist organizations etc...), how I pay for my education , port of my last entry into US and a couple more questions. I was very nervous and answered all questions with "Yes, sir; no, sir; never, sir". At some point, another officer interrupted us and handed my interviewer the latest copy of the Visa Bulletin. The officer confirmed the dates, typed something in his computer, said that the visa was available for me and stamped my passport. I should receive my GC in the mail within a few weeks.

I am happy! :) I would like to thank all of you for being here and helping each other. I hope my experience will be helpful for others as well. Good luck to all and let me know if I can be of any help!

Congrats...I assume all your paperwork looked great so they didn't have much things to ask regarding your papers...:)

Does anyone know why some cases take alot longer at the NBC before they are sent to the local office ??
I called USCIS and they told me that my file still has not been sent to the local office and i can't get a straight answer as for why not !!
Can it be the background checks ?? some take longer than others ??

If anyone has any insight please share

When to Send AOS to Chicago?

Question: In late 1998 or early 1999, legacy INS issued a memorandum in which it permitted applications for adjustment of status under the Diversity Visa program to be filed 90 days in advance of an applicant’s rank cut-off. (Memorandum from Michael A. Pearson, Executive Associate Commissioner, Office of Field Operations, Acceptance of DV-related I-485 Applications During 90-day Period Preceding Cut-Off Number in the Visa Bulletin, HQ 70/23.1 (no date provided). The INS memorandum referred to a State Department memorandum advising the INS that the DOS would “provide cut-off numbers for the Diversity Immigrant category 90 days in advance.” The Department of State Visa Bulletin lists lottery rank number availability for the current month, as well as the following month. But, through this mechanism, a DV applicant has at most only 75 days advance notice. We are hearing of problems even using the current 75-day advance notice system, and we would like confirmation that the USCIS Lock Box (USCIS, P.O. Box 805887, Chicago, IL 60680-4120) is aware of the advance filing policy. Some attorneys report that such advance DV-Lottery I-485 adjustments (as described above) have been rejected under the premise that the DV-Lottery rank is not current. Is there a mechanism in place that can assure the 90-day advance notice?
Response: The Chicago Lockbox accepts all Diversity Visa filings within the fiscal year for which the applicant has been selected. For example, the I-485 for an applicant with an FY 2008 selection letter that filed now would be accepted assuming all filing requirements, including submission of the appropriate fee and a completed signature were included. Discussion is ongoing to ensure that consistent application of USCIS memoranda and policies are followed regarding DV Visa application acceptance. If you believe a specific case has been improperly rejected, please provide specific information to us and we will be happy to look into the matter.

Reference:
Please put http and www in front of it.
uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/MARCBOQA.pdf

Good luck tomorrow

Hi Blue
i wish a good luck tomorrow in your interview
Blue i have a question i 'm collecting the necessary documents to be ready to send to Chicago, I need to send a copy of all birth certificates for me and my wife and education.....etc

1- Is this copies must be notarized or i can just make a photocopy of it
Thanks
Have a great day tomorrow

CONGRATS GATORCHESS!!!!;)

BLUE, GOOD LUCK TOMMOROW!!!! IT WILL GO SMOOTHLY, Wiating to hear the good news.:D
Thank you guys!
Blue, I don't believe not having your I-94 would be a big problem since you have a copy of it and most probably your passport shows the stamp of your last entry into US (maybe you should make a copy of that passport page as well). Try to find it today but don't worry too much if you don't, just stay cool, answer all questions with confidence and you will be all right! Best of luck tomorrow! :)

So we are now waiting for 5 more people; 2 this week and 3 the following one. Where are all others interviews? USCIS doesn't want all october and november filers to all have a great christmas!!!!!

Successful interview - passport stamped, card production ordered! :)

Dear friends, I had a successful interview this morning. The officer stamped my passport with a temporary permanent residence valid for 6 months, took from me my I-94, the new EAD and AP documents (said I won't need them with a stamp in my passport) and ordered a card production (I received text while driving back home).

The officer did not ask for any of the many documents I brought with me - not a single one! Except my passport and my I-94. He did have my file in front of him with all the documents I had sent with my package. He asked many questions about my status, my parents, whether or not I intend to bring them into US, my plans after graduation, most of the questions from page 3 of I-485 (terrorist organizations etc...), how I pay for my education , port of my last entry into US and a couple more questions. I was very nervous and answered all questions with "Yes, sir; no, sir; never, sir". At some point, another officer interrupted us and handed my interviewer the latest copy of the Visa Bulletin. The officer confirmed the dates, typed something in his computer, said that the visa was available for me and stamped my passport. I should receive my GC in the mail within a few weeks.

I am happy! :) I would like to thank all of you for being here and helping each other. I hope my experience will be helpful for others as well. Good luck to all and let me know if I can be of any help!

Wooohoooo.. congratulations.. :D:D:D:D

Does anyone know why some cases take alot longer at the NBC before they are sent to the local office ??
I called USCIS and they told me that my file still has not been sent to the local office and i can't get a straight answer as for why not !!
Can it be the background checks ?? some take longer than others ??

If anyone has any insight please share

ICEMAN, sorry to hear that NBC has not send your file to the field office, and that is frustrating not to know why. Did you already mention that KCC has not sent the DV file to the field office neither (?)

Infopass today

A letter arrived this weekend stating that we need to take an Infopass to talk with an officer. This was related to the call that we received during the week. The officer said during the call that we can ignore this letter if we receive it but we don't take any chances.
Was simple: they didn't see the payment receipt on our file, but it was in the package and they found it. They verified that we did the biometrics and because we asked if she can verify our address change, the officer took a copy of the envelope of the letter that we received showing the address change and added it to our files.
I saw at the front of the files a check list with everything ok..!! :D ........... They have our file, :( but they are waiting for our appointment letter too :-(

I do not know if I am mistaken but people from Illinois as Marley amd nnfme and people from Jaksonville, Florida as Daima and Cooldude are getting their interview so fast. Maybe we should move over there!!!!!!! Those offices are fast!!!!!

Hi Blue
i wish a good luck tomorrow in your interview
Blue i have a question i 'm collecting the necessary documents to be ready to send to Chicago, I need to send a copy of all birth certificates for me and my wife and education.....etc

1- Is this copies must be notarized or i can just make a photocopy of it
Thanks
Have a great day tomorrow

Hi houselight75,

You don't need to notarize the copies you are sending. Just make a photocopy is good enough. Take the originals with you for the interview just in case the USCIS asks to see it.

I do not know if I am mistaken but people from Illinois as Marley amd nnfme and people from Jaksonville, Florida as Daima and Cooldude are getting their interview so fast. Maybe we should move over there!!!!!!! Those offices are fast!!!!!

Simple man is from Minneapolis, MN. He got his interview letter early too. At times it depends on the local field office. If you see the time line of I-485 processing, Jacksonvile, FL is faster than Orlando, FL. So if someone's field office is Orlando, they might get the interview letter later relatively.

People who are still waiting for the interview letter try to make sure at least that the file has arrived to the field office.So for my case, I know that the DV file was already sent to the field office far in the beginning of November.But to know if the AOS file is at the field office, somebody can tell me if I can get the answer by phone (by calling the field office) and not have to do an infopass ?

ICEMAN, sorry to hear that NBC has not send your file to the field office, and that is frustrating not to know why. Did you already mention that KCC has not sent the DV file to the field office neither (?)

Happy2010, i did call the KCC and they said that nobody did request our file yet. I guess all i can do now is wait.

Happy2010, i did call the KCC and they said that nobody did request our file yet. I guess all i can do now is wait.

ICE MAN,Thanks for your reply.How will you find out why your file is still stucked at NBC ? Did you try to ask them when you called them lately ?

I think I know why we got the interview letters sooner than the rest of you.
Go to the USCIS website and check the I-485 processing time for your office. For those of us from IL and Florida, the wait time is 4 months which is the shortest that I have seen among the local offices (check for yourself). The other offices are processing applications dated 6-8 months ago. Now, we all know that DV processes are expedited and that these processing times do not apply to our cases. But, in comparison, I think it shows how *busy* a local office is. Go ahead and check this for yourself and tell me if I am right. Here is the address https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=acbHsi24y-W7ufmtj
If this is the case, then there is nothing to worry about. Some offices are just busier than others. You will et your letters in time.

A letter arrived this weekend stating that we need to take an Infopass to talk with an officer. This was related to the call that we received during the week. The officer said during the call that we can ignore this letter if we receive it but we don't take any chances.
Was simple: they didn't see the payment receipt on our file, but it was in the package and they found it. They verified that we did the biometrics and because we asked if she can verify our address change, the officer took a copy of the envelope of the letter that we received showing the address change and added it to our files.
I saw at the front of the files a check list with everything ok..!! :D ........... They have our file, :( but they are waiting for our appointment letter too :-(

Hello Yaku,

I guess it is a good indication that they have all the documents ready and OK. Your interview notice should be arriving soon. Did you ask the Officer about it?

Good luck!

ICE MAN,Thanks for your reply.How will you find out why your file is still stucked at NBC ? Did you try to ask them when you called them lately ?

Hello happy2010,

I did call the KCC and they told me that my file was requested by the Field Office and not by the NBC. I double checked and they confirmed that it was the Field Office.

I don't know if you can find it out calling the USCIS or doing InfoPass.

Good luck!