• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Welcome Letter Received

I just received the Welcome Letter.:) And I would like to thank God for it.

Checked the Welcome letter as it instructed to see all the info was correct. Yes it was. Thank God again :). The letter says that the permanent resident card should be received within three weeks. It also states that I should carry the green card with me at all times, if i am over 18, and that it is the law. Didn't know it was the law.

Also, mentions that the National Customer Service Center can be reached at 1-800-375-1833 and that the best days to call are Tuesday thru Friday.

Very happy and thankful.:)

I am thinking if I don't hear anything till the 19th of this month (that will make it one month since my interview) I will go to my local office and ask them.
What do you guys suggest. How long should I wait?

I think one month is reasonable to make an infopass. When you do, just tell them you had submitted the evidence requested and were wondering if everything in the file was complete at this stage. Keep the evidence with you just in case.

Anyways, I hope that you will get your CPO for GC before then.

Checked the Welcome letter as it instructed to see all the info was correct. Yes it was. Thank God again :). The letter says that the permanent resident card should be received within three weeks. It also states that I should carry the green card with me at all times, if i am over 18, and that it is the law. Didn't know it was the law.

Also, mentions that the National Customer Service Center can be reached at 1-800-375-1833 and that the best days to call are Tuesday thru Friday.

Congratulations cooldude! Yes, the law says that you need to carry the green card all the time with you. I don't know why but that's the law.

I'm pretty sure that Daima is going to give us the same news soon.

Congrats gatorchess for your one shot interview.
Blue I think you won't have to wait long cos the officer is just waiting for your other docs. As soon as it reaches your field office the officer will approve it.
Whatever happened to Hani? Anyone in contact?

As for my case I don't know how long I should wait. Interview was on the 19th and they requested one additional document on the 25th. I sent it back immediately and they received it on Nov 30th. I am assuming that if the officer goes through the document then he should not have any other issues in approving my case. But the question is how long should I wait? I am thinking if I don't hear anything till the 19th of this month (that will make it one month since my interview) I will go to my local office and ask them.

Hello simple man,

I would suggest that you take an InfoPass if possible. InfoPasses are like a lottery because you never know if they are going to answer your questions or being of any help but I do think that we should not waste any time.

I too was wondering about Hani. I hope that everything is going well with her case.

Good luck!

Had my interview today- Baltimore office. Got there like 30 minutes early. Had to wait till my appointment time though. Anywho the process was smooth except for one glitch. I was sworn in and asked for my passport and ID. I was then asked to verify my name, DOB, essentially everything that was on the I485 form. He then took my passport to make a photocopy. Did not ask me for any other documents. Took like 20 minutes, or less.

The glitch was that he was looking for the DV package from DOS and said that it had not been sent yet. He looked perplexed as to why they had not sent it already. He said he would have stamped my passport and approved me then and there if he had the package but since he does not have it he would have to request it from DOS. Arghhhh! don't these two entitites communicate. Anywho, it's over!! I called dos after my interview to find out why they had not sent my DV package to USCIS and they said that USCIS did not request it yet and that they would not send it until they do. Arghhh!!! Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? LOL! Anywho it should be approved once USCIS get that darn package from DOS.

Now I wait! :) Got luck to everyone! And thanks for all your support! :)

Congrats, Blue! So happy for you, don't worry, I'm sure the officer will request the file today and by end of next week you'll have CPO. I'm so glad so far (except for Hani) things have been positive.

All the best for everybody with interviews that are coming soon.

Congrats, Cooldude! You are gonna have your GC soon.

Congratulations cooldude! Yes, the law says that you need to carry the green card all the time with you. I don't know why but that's the law.

I'm pretty sure that Daima is going to give us the same news soon.

I hope it's waiting in the mailbox, lol! Now I have the motivation to check!

Congrats gatorchess for your one shot interview.
Blue I think you won't have to wait long cos the officer is just waiting for your other docs. As soon as it reaches your field office the officer will approve it.
Whatever happened to Hani? Anyone in contact?

As for my case I don't know how long I should wait. Interview was on the 19th and they requested one additional document on the 25th. I sent it back immediately and they received it on Nov 30th. I am assuming that if the officer goes through the document then he should not have any other issues in approving my case. But the question is how long should I wait? I am thinking if I don't hear anything till the 19th of this month (that will make it one month since my interview) I will go to my local office and ask them.

I have been wondering about Hani too. I hope the silence means they're just following up on the case! I hope she returns to the forum soon.

Are you near the local USCIS office? If you are, then maybe you should go by the end of this week, it'll be a week since they received the requested doc, or?

I have been wondering about Hani too. I hope the silence means they're just following up on the case! I hope she returns to the forum soon.

Are you near the local USCIS office? If you are, then maybe you should go by the end of this week, it'll be a week since they received the requested doc, or?

This week and next is a busy week for me. Next week is my finals so I will wait till then. Local office is just an hour and half drive so not a big deal. Will make an appointment for the 21st I am thinking. Who know I might hear from them till then....

WOW that was quick!! YAY! Congratulations!!:D

Congra..........We happy for you and the best gift you got aready

Congratulations to Daima and Cooldude. Simple Man you should schedule an infopass as soon as you can. Yes I hope Hani is working on their case. For those like me who are still waiting for the interview letter, I hope it will be there soon.