• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hello happy2010,

I did call the KCC and they told me that my file was requested by the Field Office and not by the NBC. I double checked and they confirmed that it was the Field Office.

I don't know if you can find it out calling the USCIS or doing InfoPass.

Good luck!

Hi i2009,

The paper work we sent to the KCC, i.e. the DS Forms, those are to be requested by the field office from KCC. The paperwork we file in Chicago (I-485 applications, I-765, etc) goes to the NBC where they check the applications and also issue RFE. Then the file is sent to the local field office which then issues the interview letter. Therefore the NBC does not need to request file from KCC. After the interview, once the field office approves the application, the NBC issues the cards and mail them out. So basically the field office needs the two files - one from KCC and one from the NBC.

People who are still waiting for the interview letter try to make sure at least that the file has arrived to the field office.So for my case, I know that the DV file was already sent to the field office far in the beginning of November.But to know if the AOS file is at the field office, somebody can tell me if I can get the answer by phone (by calling the field office) and not have to do an infopass ?

Happy,

Since your KCC file is at the field office, you need to call NBC to find out why your file has not yet reached the field office! Making an info pass might just let you know that the file has not reached, not why it hasn't reached! Just my guess.

Hey, do you have the contact info for NBC. It never occurred to me that I can call them. I did call KCC. Pleas post that contact info. Thank You !

I am having some patience, i will give at least two weeks so they can do there work, but i would like to call nbc.

Thanks again CoolDude
Happy,

Since your KCC file is at the field office, you need to call NBC to find out why your file has not yet reached the field office! Making an info pass might just let you know that the file has not reached, not why it hasn't reached! Just my guess.

I think I know why we got the interview letters sooner than the rest of you.
Go to the USCIS website and check the I-485 processing time for your office. For those of us from IL and Florida, the wait time is 4 months which is the shortest that I have seen among the local offices (check for yourself). The other offices are processing applications dated 6-8 months ago. Now, we all know that DV processes are expedited and that these processing times do not apply to our cases. But, in comparison, I think it shows how *busy* a local office is. Go ahead and check this for yourself and tell me if I am right. Here is the address https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=acbHsi24y-W7ufmtj
If this is the case, then there is nothing to worry about. Some offices are just busier than others. You will et your letters in time.

I also checked before you sended the message and I think you are right.Even though , AOS based DV cases are expedited faster, compared to the AOS "other based" cases, processing time comparison between Field offices explain the delay...It is obvious.Also Another parameter to be considered, the knowledge and professionalism of the IO at the field office.As AOS based DV cases are not very "abundant",some IO might not know the procedure and handle as normal AOS cases...and if you are not lucky, your case is in hand of such an IO....

Hello happy2010,

I did call the KCC and they told me that my file was requested by the Field Office and not by the NBC. I double checked and they confirmed that it was the Field Office.
I don't know if you can find it out calling the USCIS or doing InfoPass.

Good luck!

Hi i2009,

The paper work we sent to the KCC, i.e. the DS Forms, those are to be requested by the field office from KCC....

Hi Cooldude and i2009, based on what both of you said and if KCC did send the DV file to the field office, it means that , by deduction, the field office has already received the AOS file, am I correct ?

I think I know why we got the interview letters sooner than the rest of you.
Go to the USCIS website and check the I-485 processing time for your office. For those of us from IL and Florida, the wait time is 4 months which is the shortest that I have seen among the local offices (check for yourself). The other offices are processing applications dated 6-8 months ago. Now, we all know that DV processes are expedited and that these processing times do not apply to our cases. But, in comparison, I think it shows how *busy* a local office is. Go ahead and check this for yourself and tell me if I am right. Here is the address If this is the case, then there is nothing to worry about. Some offices are just busier than others. You will et your letters in time.

This is accurate for the most part. But i am not sure about the feild office part. Gatorchess and I both use the Charleston office, but he already had his interview and card produced and My file never even got transferred to the local office yet. For some unapparent reason to me some files take longer at the NBC.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET HOLD OF THE NBC PHONE # ??

Hi Cooldude and i2009, based on what both of you said and if KCC did send the DV file to the field office, it means that , by deduction, the field office has already received the AOS file, am I correct ?

That's correct considering that KCC does not send the file unless requested by the field office, which they claim. Now ... looking at this, it does seem strange that the file from KCC is at the field office, yet the file from NBC is not!:confused:

Hello happy2010,

I "assume" that my AOS package is in the Field Office because the KCC confirmed me that my file was sent to the Field Office as opposed to the NBC.

I also deduct that the Field Office requests the DV file only when they receive the AOS package.

I may be wrong though.

That's correct considering that KCC does not send the file unless requested by the field office, which they claim. Now ... looking at this, it does seem strange that the file from KCC is at the field office, yet the file from NBC is not!:confused:

I agree with you, it would be a little odd that the field office requests the DOS file without having the AOS package but it seems that anything could happen.

Hey, do you have the contact info for NBC. It never occurred to me that I can call them. I did call KCC. Pleas post that contact info. Thank You !

I am having some patience, i will give at least two weeks so they can do there work, but i would like to call nbc.

Thanks again CoolDude

From what I know, NBC is still part of USCIS. There is no way to reach them directly via phone. Have to go through National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.detail&office=NBC&OfficeLocator.office_type=SC

Nbc

The EAD card I received from the NBC says: USCIS National Benefits Center. Phone Number: 1-800-375-5283

But that number corresponds to the National Customer Service Center, which seems to be the hub to provide info on the case, but definitely no number directly to the NBC.

Interview completed

Had my interview today- Baltimore office. Got there like 30 minutes early. Had to wait till my appointment time though. Anywho the process was smooth except for one glitch. I was sworn in and asked for my passport and ID. I was then asked to verify my name, DOB, essentially everything that was on the I485 form. He then took my passport to make a photocopy. Did not ask me for any other documents. Took like 20 minutes, or less.

The glitch was that he was looking for the DV package from DOS and said that it had not been sent yet. He looked perplexed as to why they had not sent it already. He said he would have stamped my passport and approved me then and there if he had the package but since he does not have it he would have to request it from DOS. Arghhhh! don't these two entitites communicate. Anywho, it's over!! I called dos after my interview to find out why they had not sent my DV package to USCIS and they said that USCIS did not request it yet and that they would not send it until they do. Arghhh!!! Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? LOL! Anywho it should be approved once USCIS get that darn package from DOS.

Now I wait! :) Got luck to everyone! And thanks for all your support! :)

Infopass

This is accurate for the most part. But i am not sure about the feild office part. Gatorchess and I both use the Charleston office, but he already had his interview and card produced and My file never even got transferred to the local office yet. For some unapparent reason to me some files take longer at the NBC.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET HOLD OF THE NBC PHONE # ??

Maybe you should try another infopass. You can also submit a service request over the phone - just say that you suspect that you should have received your interview letter by now and that you suspect that it was lost in the mail.

Blue, how did it go?

Hi Blue
i wish a good luck tomorrow in your interview
Blue i have a question i 'm collecting the necessary documents to be ready to send to Chicago, I need to send a copy of all birth certificates for me and my wife and education.....etc

1- Is this copies must be notarized or i can just make a photocopy of it
Thanks
Have a great day tomorrow

Hi houselight75, I did not notarize my birth certificate or anything. A phototcopy will do

Blue

Had my interview today- Baltimore office. Got there like 30 minutes early. Had to wait till my appointment time though. Anywho the process was smooth except for one glitch. I was sworn in and asked for my passport and ID. I was then asked to verify my name, DOB, essentially everything that was on the I485 form. He then took my passport to make a photocopy. Did not ask me for any other documents. Took like 20 minutes, or less.

The glitch was that he was looking for the DV package from DOS and said that it had not been sent yet. He looked perplexed as to why they had not sent it already. He said he would have stamped my passport and approved me then and there if he had the package but since he does not have it he would have to request it from DOS. Arghhhh! don't these two entitites communicate. Anywho, it's over!! I called dos after my interview to find out why they had not sent my DV package to USCIS and they said that USCIS did not request it yet and that they would not send it until they do. Arghhh!!! Which comes first, the chicken or the egg? LOL! Anywho it should be approved once USCIS get that darn package from DOS.

Now I wait! :) Got luck to everyone! And thanks for all your support! :)

Congratulations BlueT41,

I'm sure you'll get your CPO for your GC soon as was the case with Daima and Cooldude. Very happy for you!

Congratulations again

Whatever happened to Hani

Congrats gatorchess for your one shot interview.
Blue I think you won't have to wait long cos the officer is just waiting for your other docs. As soon as it reaches your field office the officer will approve it.
Whatever happened to Hani? Anyone in contact?

As for my case I don't know how long I should wait. Interview was on the 19th and they requested one additional document on the 25th. I sent it back immediately and they received it on Nov 30th. I am assuming that if the officer goes through the document then he should not have any other issues in approving my case. But the question is how long should I wait? I am thinking if I don't hear anything till the 19th of this month (that will make it one month since my interview) I will go to my local office and ask them.
What do you guys suggest. How long should I wait?

But nobody (at least on this forum) is in that situation (DV file is already at the field office while the AOS file is still at NBC), right ? somebody please corrects me if I am wrong.