• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Status Update

You are right guys, I woke up to find txts and email messages about updates on my file. CPO for I-485 on Dec 3rd! So, like Cooldude, I'm expecting by end of next week we should have our GCs. Soooooooooooooo happy!

Congrats to you too Daima.

I called the KCC and they confirmed me that my Field Office (Philadelphia) has requested my file on December 2nd. The waiting is insane!

Hello i2009, Well, that is some good news, it means that your field office got the AOS file and so they requested KCC to send them the DV file.Things are progressing for you !

Happy to hear all the good news.

I have some questions. I have just sent in my AOS package to Chicago the 1st of Dec.

I did not file for EAD and I-765 (Edited: Sorry, I meant travel doc. I-131) because I did not have time to prepare them and I misunderstood that I needed to pay extra for them.

Now, I think that I would like to file them. I just want to check with you guys to be sure that...

1 Is it correct that when my I-485 is pending and I paid the fees. I do not need to pay extra for EAD and I-131?

2) Is it correct that I will need to wait to receive my NOA of the I-485 before I can submit the application for EAD and I-131?

3) It is correct that I will need to submit 2 more photos for EAD?

4) Can I submit both EAD and I-131 at the same time?

5) What are the documents that I will need to send it with the application to EAD and I-765 beside the NOA of my I-485?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

first of all, i think that it is the I 765 which provide you the EAD card. It is not 2 different things. Yes at this point you have to wait for your notice of action I 797-C to send the I 765 without having to pay any fees. Yes you need 2 photos. If you have an old EAD make a copy and send it.

I-485 Instructions jumped from 9 to 13

Did anyone notice that in the I-485 instructions on page 4, the numbering jumped from 9 directly to 13? interesting if I am the only one who noticed this in such a frequently used document..a minor detail I agree but these things are revised many times..may be not :)

Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

Hi gagaun,

Zapatos very clearly answered all your questions. You can read the I-765 instructions and they explain it too. The NOTE on page 8 of the I-765 instructions explains your case. I-765 is the application for Employment Authorization and once approved you get the Employment Authorization Document (EAD). Good luck.

Zapatos & CoolDude,

Thank you for answering my questions. I made a mistake on my post. I meant applying EAD and travel doc. I edited my post now. Sorry for the confusion. I am wondering if I can apply for the EAD and travel doc (I-131) at the same time and what kind of Doc. do I need to send. I am hoping that I won't need to pay any more fees for them. Thanks again for your help!

Zapatos & CoolDude,

Thank you for answering my questions. I made a mistake on my post. I meant applying EAD and travel doc. I edited my post now. Sorry for the confusion. I am wondering if I can apply for the EAD and travel doc (I-131) at the same time and what kind of Doc. do I need to send. I am hoping that I won't need to pay any more fees for them. Thanks again for your help!

Yes you can. You will have to attach the I-797C as receipt of evidence that you have filed and paid the fees for the I-485. This is mentioned on page 8 of I-131 instructions. The reason i mention about the instructions is because it is very detailed and very clear and can give you confidence about the steps you will be taking. If you follow the instructions, most likely you will do it correctly. If anything is not clear, feel free to ask. All the best.

The forum is throwin a party for cooldude and Daima!!!!:D
Congratulations on GC CPO!

I have to say that these people ucis,NVC,MSC, KCC they are really working, becuase thiis time frame is very unusual have we not won the DV lottery. Do you guys agree? YES? Ok.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!:D

Status Update

You are right guys, I woke up to find txts and email messages about updates on my file. CPO for I-485 on Dec 3rd! So, like Cooldude, I'm expecting by end of next week we should have our GCs. Soooooooooooooo happy!

Yeah ead card in mail!!!

Just checked the mail, EAD card!! No interview letter yet, its ok. Maybe in the next few weeks. YEAH!

The forum is throwin a party for cooldude and Daima!!!!:D
Congratulations on GC CPO!

I have to say that these people ucis,NVC,MSC, KCC they are really working, becuase thiis time frame is very unusual have we not won the DV lottery. Do you guys agree? YES? Ok.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!:D

Just checked the mail, EAD card!! No interview letter yet, its ok. Maybe in the next few weeks. YEAH!

Congrats lucky for your EAD card received in the mail...as for my EAD, it is weird : on dec.01, i received an e-mail saying "card production ordered" and again on dec.04 , another e-mail saying "card production ordered" again.So it would mean I will receive two EAD in my mail box ? :D:p hahaha...

Hello i2009, Well, that is some good news, it means that your field office got the AOS file and so they requested KCC to send them the DV file.Things are progressing for you !

Hello happy,

Yes, I know, I have to be positive. I am just a little anxious.

Good luck to those who have their interviews next week, monday,tuesday and thursday: Gatorchess, BlueT41 and agentSmith