• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Congrats Simpleman!!!!
So your case has been aproved if the cards are on the way- you mentioned u wished it had been approved on the spot- it was, hang in there for the card!

At last, my checks are cashed :) i was really stressed bcs of the first rejection but thank God. I should be getting NOA's either today or monday. Thx guys for your helps

Hek, I hope it all flows really well the second time around.

At last, my checks are cashed :) i was really stressed bcs of the first rejection but thank God. I should be getting NOA's either today or monday. Thx guys for your helps

Good to hear about your application's acceptance hek. Good luck with all future developments and Indeed all praise and thanks belongs to God for helping us in time of our needs.

Good to hear about your application's acceptance hek. Good luck with all future developments and Indeed all praise and thanks belongs to God for helping us in time of our needs.

Thank you guys all. Good luck to all of us. I hope that we come up with good news at all times...

Text message notifcations

Hey guys, I was signing up for email and text message noticiation on USCIS and I have a question about text message notifications for those of you who have already signed up for it. The website states
"If you select text messaging notification you acknowledge that this is a pilot program and that Standard Messaging Rates or other charges related to these notifications may apply."

Does anyone know what "other charges" they are referring to? For those with text message notifications already, did you get billed these "other charges"?

Thanks,
Blue

Text message notifcations

Hey guys, I was signing up for email and text message noticiation on USCIS and I have a question about text message notifications for those of you who have already signed up for it. The website states
"If you select text messaging notification you acknowledge that this is a pilot program and that Standard Messaging Rates or other charges related to these notifications may apply."

Does anyone know what "other charges" they are referring to? For those with text message notifications already, did you get billed these "other charges"?

Thanks,
Blue

I did receive 4 texts on Thursday after my interview and all I can see on my bill is texts received from 35842 on the 19th. I am assuming they will consider it as 4 texts received and take it as any other texts you receive on your cell phone.

I have a question.If you are doing AOS based on DV lottery,do you need to have the I-134 form for affidavit of support(if so do you have to mail it to chicago with the rest of the documents),or bank statements with sufficient amount of money will do?
Also do you have to send DS 230 form(I was advised that this form is for consular proccessing only)Thank you, and waiting for your answers.

I have a question.If you are doing AOS based on DV lottery,do you need to have the I-134 form for affidavit of support(if so do you have to mail it to chicago with the rest of the documents),or bank statements with sufficient amount of money will do?
Also do you have to send DS 230 form(I was advised that this form is for consular proccessing only)Thank you, and waiting for your answers.

Ivanov,

I did send form 230 to KCC. I know others who did and those who did not. I did not submit I-134 or any bank statements. However, I might need that for my interview.

No, you don't need to submit I-134 form with the rest of the documents. But if your field office wants it can ask you to bring it at the Interview, and even if they don't ask you to bring it at the Interview, the Immigration officer (IO) has the right to ask you for it, to satisfy himself that you will not be a public charge. They might ask this form even if you have good amount in the bank account, it all depends on the IO. So I would suggest that you prepare an I-134 for the interview just in case.

Also, do send DS230 form. Reason: it is better to supply the info rather than causing delays later. Better be safe and avoid problems later. Good luck

Hi Guys,

Is that a Cashier check from my Bank or just a personal check that we have to send with the I-485 to the USCIS. I just got a cashier check from my bank, but now that I read again the instructions for the I-485 and the fact that it says that the check is actually converted into a Electronic Funds Transfer makes me a little bit worried.

Please let me know!

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Is that a Cashier check from my Bank or just a personal check that we have to send with the I-485 to the USCIS. I just got a cashier check from my bank, but now that I read again the instructions for the I-485 and the fact that it says that the check is actually converted into a Electronic Funds Transfer makes me a little bit worried.

Please let me know!

Thanks

lematt,
both are ok. I used a cashier's check from my bank.

Hi Guys,

Please let me know!

Thanks

You can use either. People usually use personal checks just to know when it was cashed. Personally i sent the Cashier's check. Don't worry about the check being converted into Electronic fund, you don't get charged extra for that.

My friend send a personal check which makes it possible to track if the check has been cashed...which is just a peace of mind....:)

Thanks for your answer for my previous question! Now I think last question before I put everything into an enveloppe and wait December first to send my AOS package:

• I have an H1-B right now
  • In my AOS package I send my current I-94
  • I'm going to send my AOS package on December 1st
  • I'm going back to my country for Christmas, just 2 weeks... which means that my I-94 is going to change.
  • That means that in the AOS package I'm going to send the I-94 will not be valid anymore at the time of my interview... is that a problem?

Let me know,

Thanks!

Thanks for your answer for my previous question! Now I think last question before I put everything into an enveloppe and wait December first to send my AOS package:

• I have an H1-B right now
  • In my AOS package I send my current I-94
  • I'm going to send my AOS package on December 1st
  • I'm going back to my country for Christmas, just 2 weeks... which means that my I-94 is going to change.
  • That means that in the AOS package I'm going to send the I-94 will not be valid anymore at the time of my interview... is that a problem?

Let me know,

Thanks!

It shouldn't be. Just make sure to keep copies of everything and let the IO know about it at the Interview.