• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Oh Thanks cooldude ..............yes she has a lawyer ,she send her motion to court to reopen her case. so we don't know if she can approv in court or she need to start all over again in Uscis after her court case dissmis............it is all good we just want to know if she can able to adjust her status. What do you think........

thanks a lot

I think that her I-485 application would go to the Immigration court for approval. If they do approve her case, they should approve the green card too. I don't think it would have to go to USCIS, but not 100% sure on it. I read some people were on deportation but were married to US Citizen, the Immigration court check on their case and when satisfied issued them the green card. You might be able to google such cases. All the best for your sister's case.

Good Luck:) and hopefully time is on your sisters side!:)

Thanks ......that is a case "TIME" ,We hoping she will hear from the court before the end of this year..........if it came with postive out come she will be okay . but if they fight (court) not to give her , That is going be scary.

By the way thanks for The lawyer information..........My sister lawyer is talking to them, she is really good lawyer ,she doing this after she know my sister won the Dv

i will update you okay

I think that her I-485 application would go to the Immigration court for approval. If they do approve her case, they should approve the green card too. I don't think it would have to go to USCIS, but not 100% sure on it. I read some people were on deportation but were married to US Citizen, the Immigration court check on their case and when satisfied issued them the green card. You might be able to google such cases. All the best for your sister's case.

It make sense ........i had same case too ,i was on deportation and married to us citizen and the court approved there for GC ,but i had to do the interviw thoug befor, the judge order i had to interivew my IO first before she approved the case, it came that from the judge.

i am expect that to my sister too......... who knows it is hard to be 100% sure

Thank cooldude

It make sense ........i had same case too ,i was on deportation and married to us citizen and the court approved there for GC ,but i had to do the interviw thoug befor, the judge order i had to interivew my IO first before she approved the case, it came that from the judge.

i am expect that to my sister too......... who knows it is hard to be 100% sure

Thank cooldude

So the whole family is on deportation and married to US citizens...?

Interview Complete.

Hello all,
I just arrived home and I have positive feelings about my interview. I was hoping to get a decision but I have to wait. At the end the officer said everything was fine but he had to wait for the visa no. I told him that our case no became current in October. He said everything was fine but if he needed anything he would contact us otherwise we should be getting our cards in the mail soon.
Interview time 12:30 and 1 pm. We were there 5 minutes before 12. By the time we were called (we were called together) it was 1:30. and by 1:50 pm our interview was over.
I was well prepared. The only documents he asked for was our id's and passport (travel documents). He did not bother to check any other documents at all. He also asked for the I-94 cos I did not have my original one in my passport. When I had changed my status I had to submit my original. But I had the copy and I had my new one. Those were the only documents he looked at.
The questions were rather simple. I was first cos I was the principal applicant. He basically verified the I-485 forms. He started by asking my name, my address, my SSN, verified both my parents first names only. Since I was a J1 when I entered US, he asked me what I did. Also asked me if I had left the country after I arrived here in December 2005. I said no. He asked about the J1 waiver and I said I had that and he said he saw the copy in the application. He asked me how long I had been in my present address. The he asked what I was studying now.
Then he verified the I-485 for my spouse. He basically just asked her the same; name, the address and other stuffs from I-485. Have you ever bla. bla. bla and all she had to say was no for all those questions.
He did not ask for any documents to show that the marriage was a legitimate (photo's, bank statements, marriage certificate). I guess the copy of the marriage certificate which I had sent to Chicago was good enough for him. Her interview lasted for just 5 minutes.
By the way he was aware that our case was a DV case cos I could see a piece of paper in his file saying diversity visa and he was just following the steps. After the interview was over he said everything was good and the papers were sufficient. He said he would check the visa number and if available he said he would decide. Once he decides he said it would take about 3 weeks and I should get my card. He also mentioned that my card number would be 6 and my wife's would be 7. He said that he should get it in the mail. When I said how long is it going to take he did not say exactly how long. All he said was once he decided it would take 3 weeks. He also said that if he needed anything he would contact me.
So that was our interview. I was hoping to get approved right there but I am fine if I have to wait for few weeks. I also checked the USCIS website to see if there were any updates but nothing yet. I am relieved that the interview is over; few more weeks and we are hoping to get our cards. I am going to be checking my mail often starting next week.
The wait is almost over. I happy but I would have been happier if the decision was made today. I know it's just a matter of 2-3 weeks now.

Congrats !!

Congrats Simpleman !!!

It seems that you will get it. He wouldn't have told you what your card # would be if he was not planning on approving it.

By the way did you ever send in any affidavit of support or any financial info, tax returns or pay stubs with your initial package that you sent ?

Congrats, Simple man (and simple spouse)! :)
So he did not stamp your passports? What do " number 6" and "7" mean?

Upd: my AP got approved today

Congrats Simpleman !!!

It seems that you will get it. He wouldn't have told you what your card # would be if he was not planning on approving it.

By the way did you ever send in any affidavit of support or any financial info, tax returns or pay stubs with your initial package that you sent ?

No I didn't send any of those but when I received the interview appointment they had asked for it including I-864. But today at the interview nothing was asked. He did not even check my school certificates. He did not ask for the original birth certificate. Only thing he asked was id, passport and I-94.

Congrats, Simple man (and simple spouse)! :)
So he did not stamp your passports? What do " number 6" and "7" mean?

Upd: my AP got approved today

No, He checked my passport my I-94 and gave it back without stamping.
Regarding the number I am assuming that since I was the applicant, mine will end in 6 and my wife's will end in 7. I don't know what significance it has. I hope I will find out soon.

Hello all,
I just arrived home and I have positive feelings about my interview. I was hoping to get a decision but I have to wait. At the end the officer said everything was fine but he had to wait for the visa no. I told him that our case no became current in October. He said everything was fine but if he needed anything he would contact us otherwise we should be getting our cards in the mail soon.
Interview time 12:30 and 1 pm. We were there 5 minutes before 12. By the time we were called (we were called together) it was 1:30. and by 1:50 pm our interview was over.
I was well prepared. The only documents he asked for was our id's and passport (travel documents). He did not bother to check any other documents at all. He also asked for the I-94 cos I did not have my original one in my passport. When I had changed my status I had to submit my original. But I had the copy and I had my new one. Those were the only documents he looked at.
The questions were rather simple. I was first cos I was the principal applicant. He basically verified the I-485 forms. He started by asking my name, my address, my SSN, verified both my parents first names only. Since I was a J1 first he asked me what I did. Also asked me if I had left the country after I arrived here in December 2005. I said no. He asked about the J1 waiver and I said I had that and he said he say the copy in the application. He asked me how long I had been in my present address. The he said what I was studying now.
Then he verified the I-485 for my spouse. He basically just asked her the same name the address and other stuffs from I-485. Have you ever bla. bla. bla and all she had to say was no for all those questions.
He did not ask for any documents to show that the marriage was a legitimate (photo's, bank statements, marriage certificate). I guess the copy of the marriage certificate which I had sent to Chicago was good enough for him. Her interview lasted for just 5 minutes.
By the way he was aware that our case was a DV case cos I could see a piece of paper in his file saying diversity visa and he was just following the steps. After the interview was over he said everything was good and the papers were sufficient. He said he would check the visa number and if available he said he would decide. Once he decides he said it would take about 3 weeks and I should get my card. He also mentioned that my card number would be 6 and my wife's would be 7. He said that he should get it in the mail. When I said how long is it going to take he did not say exactly how long. All he said was once he decided it would take 3 weeks. He also said that if he needed anything he would contact me.
So that was our interview. I was hoping to get approved right there but I am fine if I have to wait for few weeks. I also checked the USCIS website to see if there were any updates but nothing yet. I am relieved that the interview is over; few more weeks and we are hoping to get our cards. I am going to be checking my mail often starting next week.
The wait is almost over. I happy but I would have been happier if the decision was made today. I know it's just a matter of 2-3 weeks now.

Congratulations Simpleman, almost over!!

More updates.

Updates on our I-765 and I-131.
I got 4 text messages and 4 email updates.
Our I-765 is approved and documents production ordered.
I-131 also approved.
But both our I-485 still in acceptance stage even after the interview. That should change soon.