• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

I'm kinda asking the same question again, but I just want to be sure.

Let's say that some on a F1 visa wins the lottery, but then decides to pursue the IV application. I understand that the person's F1 status is not at risk and they can carry on with their studies here.

But what if they go home for a vacation...will they have trouble coming back?( I'm talking about a multiple re-entry visa here.)

Do POEs have a list of DV Winners?

You may want to check that with someone who knows immigration rules. Maybe the host of the ImmigrationPortal forum (Rajiv Khanna)! Let us know if you find something.

For the interview, do I bring my driver license as my id or I need the id from my original country? I ask that because my id is back home and if i need it, I will have to ask my family to send it to me. Please let me know if you have already had an interview for AOS. Thanks!

In the Interview letter it states to bring the states ID (Driver license) and the SS card. Of course you would need to take your passport. Your back home ID would not be required. If you did not have a driver license and a state ID, then your passport itself would be sufficient. I would take my school id which has the pic on it or some other identification if I didn't have a Driver license or state ID.

thanks!

Thank you for i2009, Cooldude, and Simple man for answering my id question. I really appreciate it.

I did receive 4 texts on Thursday after my interview and all I can see on my bill is texts received from 35842 on the 19th. I am assuming they will consider it as 4 texts received and take it as any other texts you receive on your cell phone.

Thanks for the info simpleman

There is no change on the USCIS status page. The LUD is the day after my biometrics. EAD is still pending.

Thanks nnffme for your answer, it is the general situation what you described.
However, some people even don't have the LUD changed since the NOA date (which is my case) :confused:

Thanks nnffme for your answer, it is the general situation what you described.
However, some people even don't have the LUD changed since the NOA date (which is my case) :confused:
Here is what we should all do. We should call the FBI and check the status of our biometrics. The FBI can be reached either at 304-625-5590 or at 304-625-2406. I think it would be good to ensure that the fingerprints were accepted and that they have sent the results to USCIS.

Status Update

I received my EAD card today :D. I guess that wife's card will arrive tomorrow.

Something weird happened too. On 11/16 the online status for the EAD jumped to the last state: "Document production or Oath Ceremony" and I received a notification "we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you......". Then on 11/9 I received the same notification again, and today I received the card and another email notification: "On November 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice...." and my status went back to "post decision activity" :confused:

Still waiting for the interview notice :(

Best luck to all the ones who are have their interview this week.

Just some updates:

11/18/2009: Advanced Paroles approved
11/23/2009: Advanced Paroles received
11/23/2009: EAD cards production ordered

good luck for tomorrows interview

I hope tomorrows interview will get results for both of you.
We all will be waiting to hear from you guys.

Good luck

I received my EAD card today :D. I guess that wife's card will arrive tomorrow.

Something weird happened too. On 11/16 the online status for the EAD jumped to the last state: "Document production or Oath Ceremony" and I received a notification "we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you......". Then on 11/9 I received the same notification again, and today I received the card and another email notification: "On November 23, 2009, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice...." and my status went back to "post decision activity" :confused:

Still waiting for the interview notice :(

Best luck to all the ones who are have their interview this week.

Congratulations Yaku,

I believe that the online status is not online with their actual processing application system or maybe they don't have only one application but a bunch of them so they enter updates in one and forget to update the online application data.

I hope you receive your interview appointment soon.

Good luck!

How does the DV AOS fees receipt ( one we send to the missouri) looks like. For me i just got the original form I had sent to to them with a 'paid' stamped at the bottom. Is it all of you got or any other?