• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

How does the DV AOS fees receipt ( one we send to the missouri) looks like. For me i just got the original form I had sent to to them with a 'paid' stamped at the bottom. Is it all of you got or any other?

Hello nepal2010,

Yes, the receipt is your original with a stamp on it.

Interview Details

Our appointments were at 9.30 and 10, we arrived at the USCIS at 8.00a, and we were told it was too early and that we should come back at 9.00. So, we just waited in the car and at 9.00am we were back at the door. The security officer checked our appointment letters and ID and instructed us to drop the letters at the interview letter drop box and we did. There were a lot of people, but things were moving pretty fast. At around 9.20, an IO(very serious army looking man, lol) came out, called our names, and ushered us in the hallway, then we followed him to his office. Here is how the interview went:

IO: Before you sit, please raise your right hands
US; We did
IO: Do you swear to tell the truth bla bla
US: Yes
IO: You may sit
IO: So you guys won the Lottery huh?
IO: Ok, I need to see your Passports, IDs, and EAD if any, I'll start with you sir
Hubby: Gave the docs
IO; Looked at them to check the names
IO: Looked at the I-485 and G-325A, then started confirming first, sir, and middle names. Mother's and father's first names, address, and have you ever questions on pg 3, he was crossing everything out with a red pen as he did this.Then he gave back the passports. He did the same with me.
IO: Well, looks like everything is fine. I am going to approve you, but you will get the cards from us as soon as I receive the documents you sent to the Dept of State, we have requested them but haven't arrived yet. Any questions for me?
US: So what is the next step?
IO: Well, nothing. We have everything we need from you and you have done all you can, as soon as I receive your docs from DOS, I'm going to approve you.
ME: How about the EAD, does it have to wait on those docs too?
IO: You will get your EAD for two yrs but don't worry you won't need it, you'll have your GC.Now all you have to do is wait for your GC in the mail.
US: We appreciate it, thank you.
IO: Have a good day
US: You too

That was it, it took about 10 mins. He loosened up when we got to his office, but he was professional and nice. He didn't ask for any other documents, not even the ones that were requested in the interview letter. By 9.35, we were out. So, the waiting game continues. Hopefully KCC will send our file soon.

Interview Details

Our appointments were at 9.30 and 10, we arrived at the USCIS at 8.00a, and we were told it was too early and that we should come back at 9.00. So, we just waited in the car and at 9.00am we were back at the door. The security officer checked our appointment letters and ID and instructed us to drop the letters at the interview letter drop box and we did. There were a lot of people, but things were moving pretty fast. At around 9.20, an IO(very serious army looking man, lol) came out, called our names, and ushered us in the hallway, then we followed him to his office. Here is how the interview went:

US; We did
IO: Ok, I need to see your Passports, IDs, and EAD if any, I'll start with you sir
IO: Looked at the I-485 and G-325A, then started confirming first, sir, and middle names. Mother's and father's first names, address, and have you ever questions on pg 3, he was crossing everything out with a red pen as he did this.Then he gave back the passports. He did the same with me.
IO: Well, looks like everything is fine. I am going to approve you, but you will get the cards from us as soon as I receive the documents you sent to the Dept of State, we have requested them but haven't arrived yet. Any questions for me?
IO: Well, nothing. We have everything we need from you and you have done all you can, as soon as I receive your docs from DOS, I'm going to approve you.
IO: You will get your EAD for two yrs but don't worry you won't need it, you'll have your GC.Now all you have to do is wait for your GC in the mail.

That was it, it took about 10 mins. He loosened up when we got to his office, but he was professional and nice. He didn't ask for any other documents, not even the ones that were requested in the interview letter. By 9.35, we were out. So, the waiting game continues. Hopefully KCC will send our file soon.

This is great news. He said he is going to approve you. But as you said the waiting still continues. You should receive your card soon. Why does it take so long for KCC to forward the documents. They know about the interview dates.
I hope KCC forwards your files ASAP. Until we get our GC's we will be a bit concerned. I hope everyone's cases are processed in a timely manner.
Will congratulate you now and will congratulate you again when you get the final card.

This is great news. He said he is going to approve you. But as you said the waiting still continues. You should receive your card soon. Why does it take so long for KCC to forward the documents. They know about the interview dates.
I hope KCC forwards your files ASAP. Until we get our GC's we will be a bit concerned. I hope everyone's cases are processed in a timely manner.
Will congratulate you now and will congratulate you again when you get the final card.

I think that I read somewhere that the USCIS requests the files to KCC so maybe the USCIS is not requesting the files soon enough for the interview. The whole thing is so confusing...

Interview details

Hi guys, just returned from my interview at the USCIS Jacksonville office. My appointment was for 10:30am. I tried to enter the building around 9:30am and was asked (politely) by the security (which checks the interview letter and the ID) to wait and not to enter the building till about half an hour before the appointment. So I went back and sat in my car till 10:00 am. Entered the building at 10:00 am. After going through security, put my interview letter where it was supposed to be placed and waited for about 20 mins. I was called by the Immigration officer who was Caucasian American, very nice and pleasant by his character and dressed professionally (tie but no suit). I dressed formal. He led me to his office, asked me to keep my things on the side and to raise my right hand and take the oath to speak the truth… After that he asked me to sit and said congratulation on being selected for the DV. I said thank you. Then he asked for Passport, DL, SS card, and any employment authorization. Gave him the first three and told him that since I have F1 I could work on campus, and he acknowledged that. Then he verified my info on the I-485 form (name, address, date when last entered (page 1) , parents first names (page 2) , and finally about five questions from page 3 of I-485). As he was going through the file he marked with red pen that he had verified all the info he checked. Then he went through the file and checked a few papers and asked if I have completed the biometrics on Nov 8th or 9th. I said “yes on the 9th” and asked if he wanted to see the receipt. He didn’t want to see it. Then he said me if I had paid all the required fees to the Department of State. I said “yes”. He said that he was waiting for a package from the Department of State which verifies all that information and once he gets that he will approve me. I mentioned that I have the receipt of payment, if that would be sufficient, he said that he has to wait for that package before he can proceed. Then he said that I don’t have to do anything else, and wait for them to respond (so check the mail!). Then he asked me if I had any questions, and I had forgotten the questions I had written in the car:mad:. So I asked a general question on the I-20 since it expires at the end of the year, he said well there is a month before it expires, hopefully you should hear before that from us, but he said as far as with the USCIS, the I-485 is pending, so my status should be fine.
Then I thanked him, wished him good day and a happy thanksgiving. That was the end of my interview.

He did not take my I-94. I should have asked about the I-94 (if he should take it)! Also since he said everything looks fine, wonder if it implied that the fingerprint and name check result came out without any problems! I did not ask him that either. Anyways, I hope everything will work out and I that I soon hear some good news. In the meantime, praying that the Dept. of state package arrives at USCIS JAX field office and that my application gets completed. The I-485 status on the USCIS website shows last updated “11/24”.

Hi Daima,

looks like we had about the same interview experience. I hope that is good news. Hope that the package from the state dept. comes soon to the field office.

Interview Details

US; We did

Hi guys, just returned from my interview at the USCIS Jacksonville office. My appointment was for 10:30am. I tried to enter the building around 9:30am and was asked (politely) by the security (which checks the interview letter and the ID) to wait and not to enter the building till about half an hour before the appointment. So I went back and sat in my car till 10:00 am. Entered the building at 10:00 am. After going through security, put my interview letter where it was supposed to be placed and waited for about 20 mins. I was called by the Immigration officer who was Caucasian American, very nice and pleasant by his character and dressed professionally (tie but no suit). I dressed formal. He led me to his office, asked me to keep my things on the side and to raise my right hand and take the oath to speak the truth… After that he asked me to sit and said congratulation on being selected for the DV. I said thank you. Then he asked for Passport, DL, SS card, and any employment authorization. Gave him the first three and told him that since I have F1 I could work on campus, and he acknowledged that. Then he verified my info on the I-485 form (name, address, date when last entered (page 1) , parents first names (page 2) , and finally about five questions from page 3 of I-485). As he was going through the file he marked with red pen that he had verified all the info he checked. Then he went through the file and checked a few papers and asked if I have completed the biometrics on Nov 8th or 9th. I said “yes on the 9th” and asked if he wanted to see the receipt. He didn’t want to see it. Then he said me if I had paid all the required fees to the Department of State. I said “yes”. He said that he was waiting for a package from the Department of State which verifies all that information and once he gets that he will approve me. I mentioned that I have the receipt of payment, if that would be sufficient, he said that he has to wait for that package before he can proceed. Then he said that I don’t have to do anything else, and wait for them to respond (so check the mail!). Then he asked me if I had any questions, and I had forgotten the questions I had written in the car:mad:. So I asked a general question on the I-20 since it expires at the end of the year, he said well there is a month before it expires, hopefully you should hear before that from us, but he said as far as with the USCIS, the I-485 is pending, so my status should be fine.
Then I thanked him, wished him good day and a happy thanksgiving. That was the end of my interview.

He did not take my I-94. I should have asked about the I-94 (if he should take it)! Also since he said everything looks fine, wonder if it implied that the fingerprint and name check result came out without any problems! I did not ask him that either. Anyways, I hope everything will work out and I that I soon hear some good news. In the meantime, praying that the Dept. of state package arrives at USCIS JAX field office and that my application gets completed. The I-485 status on the USCIS website shows last updated “11/24”.

Well all our interviews are going good but we are just not getting decisions right away. I am guessing USCIS is waiting for the packet from KCC cos during the interview they have our AOS packet. So do you think we should call KCC and ask them for details?
Interview is over but we still have to wait.
During my interview the officer everything was good but he just did not give me a decision. He said once I approve it will take 3-4 weeks to get the card. He also told me to keep checking my mail.

Well all our interviews are going good but we are just not getting decisions right away. I am guessing USCIS is waiting for the packet from KCC cos during the interview they have our AOS packet. So do you think we should call KCC and ask them for details?
Interview is over but we still have to wait.
During my interview the officer everything was good but he just did not give me a decision. He said once I approve it will take 3-4 weeks to get the card. He also told me to keep checking my mail.

When the IO said they are waiting for the state department, does that mean KCC? If so, maybe we can email them or call them! Although not sure which option would be better and if that would be appropriate. Any ideas anyone!

Congratulations cooldude,

I hope you get your card soon. It seems you were interviewed by the same Officer as Daima.

Congratulations again!

When the IO said they are waiting for the state department, does that mean KCC? If so, maybe we can email them or call them! Although not sure which option would be better and if that would be appropriate. Any ideas anyone!

I am pretty sure it's KCC. I think calling them is a better idea. I will probably do that right away.

Yes, those are the files that the KCC should forward to the UCIS for the GC approval. I guess it won't hurt to call the KCC (they have been always nice and helpful to me when I called).

I am glad to read the good news. Congratulations to both of you. I would call KCC because they seem to be handling the phone calls better.

Congrats Cooldude! We had almost exact interview!
About the files, yes it is KCC, I called them right away and strange enough they said the files haven't been requested and until USCIS requests, they won't send them anywhere. So hopefully that will happen soon.

I just received txts for status update, Card production ordered for I765, LUD has changed to 11/24 but I485 still says Acceptance. Anyway, I think it's just a matter of time and we'll receive our cards. Let's continue to be patient, guys.

Thanks for the Congrats, every1

Congrats Cooldude! We had almost exact interview!
About the files, yes it is KCC, I called them right away and strange enough they said the files haven't been requested and until USCIS requests, they won't send them anywhere. So hopefully that will happen soon.

I just received txts for status update, Card production ordered for I765, LUD has changed to 11/24 but I485 still says Acceptance. Anyway, I think it's just a matter of time and we'll receive our cards. Let's continue to be patient, guys.

Thanks for the Congrats, every1

That is weird. The IO said he had requested your files from KCC but haven't received it, and then after the interview when you called KCC, they say the field office hasn't requested it?

Thanks everyone for the congrats. Hopefully we can do it once the cards come in :)

Hi Simpleman,

I tried calling KCC, they closed at 4pm eastern. If you are able to call KCC, please update us on your conversation too. Thanks