• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi guys,

I Called KCC and mentioned that I had my interview yesterday and that the IO said that he would process the application once my file comes from the KCC. She said that it was requested yesterday and it has been sent. I asked her when do you think they would receive it? She said that she doesn't know that, and that I can call the JAX office to find that info. Well I am glad that the file has been sent. If it goes regular USPS, it should be there hopefully next week tuesday. Happy and thankful that things are going nicely. All Praise and thanks to God, the Almighty, the Creator of the heaven and the earth and everything else. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone, and thanks again for all the congrats and wishes

U're welcome happy!
I would start with KCC, since we just need to know if our files were requested or if kcc/dos forwarded the info to them. But if anyone needs to call another department, the information and service is available per the DOS website.

I did in fact email them about my case, maybe a phone call would be better.

ADITIONAL INFO: HOW TO CONTACT DOS OR DOHS
MAYBE IT WILL BE HELPFUL IF WE CANR GET ANSWERS FROM KCC.?

Thanks Lucky for your informations provided ! I appreciate it.So for people who are awaiting for interview letter (after the biometrics was done), where should we start, who we should contact to get the status of our petition ?

JUST CALLED KCC:

REP: "in order for us to forward your case to USCIS, You need to call them to request to request your case"
ME: Thank You

You: WEll, what do you guys think?

JUST CALLED KCC:

REP: "in order for us to forward your case to USCIS, You need to call them to request to request your case"
ME: Thank You

You: WEll, what do you guys think?

I guess that means that the field office hasn't requested the file as yet! Although i don't think that would stop the interview letter from coming, as similar thing happened with simpleman, Daima and myself. I think all of our files where requested after our interviews. So I hope you should be hearing soon about the interview letter.

Yeah, I hope I hear something soon.

Its getting to me because I keep seeing these LUDS, and I am probaby the only one on this forum who gets these LUDS; and its annoying cuz i dont know exactly what they are doing to may case.

Did you notice that those who did not get an interview letter are getting card production ordered? or is it just me? DID BLUE have an interview?

Its getting to me because I keep seeing these LUDS, and I am probaby the only one on this forum who gets these LUDS; and its annoying cuz i dont know exactly what they are doing to may case.

Did you notice that those who did not get an interview letter are getting card production ordered? or is it just me? DID BLUE have an interview?

Hi Lucky2010, what do you mean by "....did not get an interview are getting card production ordered? or is it just me? " do you mean that your I-485 on line status is "card production ordered " ?

Blue is getting his I-765 approved, he will be getting his EAD card. There are no green cards (based on DV) without interviews.

Blue is getting his I-765 approved, he will be getting his EAD card. There are no green cards (based on DV) without interviews.

That is what I am thinking " no green card (based DV) without interviews".
But for people who participated and/or read threats on AOS based DV in the past years, was there any case of AOS that is approved without interview ?

That is what I am thinking " no green card (based DV) without interviews".
But for people who participated and/or read threats on AOS based DV in the past years, was there any case of AOS that is approved without interview ?

Not to my knowledge. I read the threads for 2007, 2008, 2009 AoS based on DV, i didn't see anything as such. For employment based, i think it is possible to get green card without interview.

One of the most important things the Interview establishes is that you were here legally. That is why, everyone's interview has one thing in common. Checking of Passports and Ids. Of course other requirements can also be verified like education degrees, etc. I was thinking, maybe they didn't ask to see my degree etc .... because they are from US! Just a guess!

Not to my knowledge. I read the threads for 2007, 2008, 2009 AoS based on DV, i didn't see anything as such. For employment based, i think it is possible to get green card without interview.
Thank cooldude06_78 for you answer...unless I decide to believe in some miracle happening or I need seriously to stop dreaming that there could be AOS approved without interview:D

Hi guys,

I Called KCC and mentioned that I had my interview yesterday and that the IO said that he would process the application once my file comes from the KCC. She said that it was requested yesterday and it has been sent. I asked her when do you think they would receive it? She said that she doesn't know that, and that I can call the JAX office to find that info. Well I am glad that the file has been sent. If it goes regular USPS, it should be there hopefully next week tuesday. Happy and thankful that things are going nicely. All Praise and thanks to God, the Almighty, the Creator of the heaven and the earth and everything else. Have a happy thanksgiving everyone, and thanks again for all the congrats and wishes

So I just got off the phone. Spoke to KCC. My file was sent to my local office on the 23rd. Interview was on the 19th. So I am guessing things are moving in the right direction. She also told me if I needed more info I had to call my local office.
Seems like both our cases are similar. Hope once the file is in the local office, the officer reviews it and processes my case. Same goes to you too and other friends on this forum.
Wish everone a good break.

Thank cooldude06_78 for you answer...unless I decide to believe in some miracle happening or I need seriously to stop dreaming that there could be AOS approved without interview:D

i heard of someone (family friend) 5years ago...also dv lottery and didnt have any interview. Her green card was sent in the mail. She got a phone call from USCIS that everything was approved before they scheduled an interview....but that's the only person i have heard out of thousands....it may be luck, she recently just became a US citizen.

she had her green card sent in the mail couple of weeks after that phone call, she didnt have any interview....but like i said its very rare.....

So I just got off the phone. Spoke to KCC. My file was sent to my local office on the 23rd. Interview was on the 19th. So I am guessing things are moving in the right direction. She also told me if I needed more info I had to call my local office.
Seems like both our cases are similar. Hope once the file is in the local office, the officer reviews it and processes my case. Same goes to you too and other friends on this forum.
Wish everone a good break.

That is good news i.e. things moving in the right direction. Wonder if others who didn't have their interview yet could actually check with the KCC before the interview if their file is transferred, and if not, call the field office and ask if they can request it! Wonder if that would be appropriate to do or will it upset the officer in-charge of the case?

That is good news i.e. things moving in the right direction. Wonder if others who didn't have their interview yet could actually check with the KCC before the interview if their file is transferred, and if not, call the field office and ask if they can request it! Wonder if that would be appropriate to do or will it upset the officer in-charge of the case?

"...Wonder if others who didn't have their interview yet could actually check with the KCC before the interview if their file is transferred..." Do you mean for people who didn't have the interview yet but who already received the interview letter from the local field office ?.Normally,the interview letter is scheduled 3/4 weeks ahead.So, it might be a good idea to contact the KCC from the time you receive the interview letter and the interview date...
But when you do not receive the interview letter yet, does it make sense to call KCC ? they would probably answer " the KCC have not requested, so see with your local office...." . I really do not know what to do except from waiting... and sure, it is more than frustrating !

EAD card and Interview Letter received!!! :)

The letter says: "The proceeding will take about two hours... You must bring: this letter, Your Spouse(??!!), Your passport, photo ID, originals of all submitted documents and joint documents to establish that you are in a valid marriage..."

Guys who already received their interview letters, did any of you have this? I believe they sent me the type of letter intended for I-485 based on marriage. I guess I should call USCIS... Anyhow, it feels good. Especially with the EAD and AP cards in hand!

Good luck to all and Happy Thanksgiving again! ;)